How Big is Yours?
Apr 13, 2003 at 12:36 AM Post #31 of 63
Tivo is God's gift to man. It is a great thing.

I don't normally watch live tv anymore, because Tivo records everything for me. It has programed like 50 shows that it should always record, and it does. Then I can watch them whenever I want, with no commercials. And when I do watch something live, I can pause it if I need to, or record it and finish watching it later.

Also, if I'm watching live I can watch 2 shows at once, just switching back and forth at the commercials. But this is only with a DirecTV Tivo system, since it allows you to record on 2 channels at once.

Apr 13, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #32 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by grancasa
Tivo is God's gift to man. It is a great thing.

I don't normally watch live tv anymore, because Tivo records everything for me. It has programed like 50 shows that it should always record, and it does. Then I can watch them whenever I want, with no commercials. And when I do watch something live, I can pause it if I need to, or record it and finish watching it later.

Also, if I'm watching live I can watch 2 shows at once, just switching back and forth at the commercials. But this is only with a DirecTV Tivo system, since it allows you to record on 2 channels at once.

that last part rules!

Apr 13, 2003 at 12:46 AM Post #33 of 63
But does Tivo have a headphone jack????
cool.gif

Apr 13, 2003 at 1:00 AM Post #34 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
But does Tivo have a headphone jack????
cool.gif

rofl!

but no it probly doesn't. you would have it connected to your amp though right???
confused.gif

Apr 13, 2003 at 1:14 AM Post #36 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
It does have audio and video out via RCAs
cool.gif

No, no no no.

Since I have the DirecTV Tivo system, I have video out via S-Video, and audio via coaxial digital. Many channels (HBO, Sundance, IFC, a few cable shows) broadcast Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks, and they are converted by my Denon 1802.

Also, the DirecTV Tivo takes the raw digital signal from the sat. and records that, and then converts to analog when you playback. The result is a much sharper picture than stand alone Tivos. BUT, the DirecTV Tivo does NOT offer the home-networking options that the new Series 2 Tivos offer. EVEN A SERIES 2 DIRECTV TIVO WILL NOT CONNECT FOR PICTURES, MUSIC ETC. So if you want those features, you will need to get a standalone TIVO.

Apr 13, 2003 at 3:56 AM Post #38 of 63
80 GB in my home machine.

Apr 13, 2003 at 7:13 AM Post #40 of 63
Main Drive (windows XP) = 120 GB
Slave Drive (Red Hat) = 60 GB

Apr 13, 2003 at 7:50 AM Post #41 of 63
I have an 80gig in this computer and a 20 gig in the other.
How well do those external drives work? The other computer is almost full, and I am considering adding another drive to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back