How are you funding your next headphone purchase?
Dec 2, 2003 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

KentWang

New Head-Fier
List your next planned upgrade and your means of acquiring them!

9-to-5 job? Lottery? Trade? Bank robbery? Drug deal? Insider hookup? Inheritance?

Dec 2, 2003 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 41
Probably Senn HD-650... and probably saving up for 6 months or more, + what I get from selling the HD600s.

Yah, I know... very boring...
tongue.gif

Dec 2, 2003 at 11:13 AM Post #3 of 41
Source and amp.

Anyone need a hitman?

Dec 2, 2003 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 41
I'm pretty satisfied with my entry-level collection of V6, MX500 and KSC-35.
I plan to make a bunch of money through drugs and then give myself a $10K headphone budget. Hey, at least I'm not buying an Escalade and putting in rims or something. I have class!

Dec 2, 2003 at 11:52 AM Post #6 of 41
Just bought a gilmore v2 using the money I sold my mg head with. Later, I plan on selling the 580/blues and buying etys or sr-200s. That'll take a bit though, as I just bought the gilmore and I need to think of other people in this season as well.

Dec 2, 2003 at 1:21 PM Post #8 of 41
i've still some money left from a summer job... wait, all of it is already reserved for upgrades
biggrin.gif

hopefully, no cans upgrades anytime soon. I just got hifi650 and need a new cord on my K340. I also need cash to recap my amp, to mod my cdp further, to build a small usb dac, to build an amp for my computer, to...
rolleyes.gif

Dec 2, 2003 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 41
I need a new source in the next year or 2, not sure what I want yet or how much I'm going to spend. I'm hoping Canada legalizes marijuana so I can farm the plants to finance my future purchases. Failing that I'll volunteer myself for medical research and drug testing.

Dec 2, 2003 at 7:15 PM Post #10 of 41
Next purchase is a new source. The funding will be from my credit card. And somewhere down the line, from my job.

Dec 2, 2003 at 8:18 PM Post #11 of 41
Since the next purchase I would even consider would be quite expensive, I would say a couple of things: selling off a duplicate body part like a lung or kidney would be a nice start. Following that, I plan to get a job while in the states next trip and use the money to save up towards whatever I decide to buy. I also plan to use some benefits from writing to buy said amp at a cheaper price. Without the job and accomodation pricing I am happily listening to what I have. I have no real desire to upgrade anything right now, but if I hear something that powers the Omega IIs a lot better than the KGSS I will do whatever I can of the above to buy the amp within a couple of years.

Dec 2, 2003 at 8:22 PM Post #12 of 41
As of now I am done. But with the current Stax craze going on (Omega II's in particuilar, I don't dig the other stax) I may be looking to jump on them. Which means that I will take a contract this summer and the money will go straight to that. Though, I am actually really eyeing a Turn Table right now and I would prefer to jump on that.

Dec 2, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #13 of 41
Tiger Woods beat me to the job I really wanted but it doesn't pay as well as CEO of A Major Corporation About To Screw Its Employees And Stockholder's , so perhaps that is what I'll do.
rolleyes.gif
Orpheus baby, here I come!
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2003 at 10:08 PM Post #14 of 41
I don't really need my car, and losing some weight would be good. I need to keep my condo in order to have a steady source of AC. Hmmm... almost time to open "Hirsch's Tube Shoppe"...but only after I've sold off any superfluous body parts and such
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back