How Are YOU Burning In Your HF-1's?
Oct 12, 2005 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

BRBJackson

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got them yesterday, and after a quick listen, I started the burn-in procedure. Carefully layed them on my carpeted floor, drivers down, put a folded sheet over them, and popped in a Chesky test CD with a pink noise frequency sweep at just above normal listening volume. They'll be there for a week before I hear them again.

So what is everyone else using to perform this task? Or are you just listening to them normally, and letting it happen over time? OR, do you not believe that dynamic drivers need any burn-in?

Oct 12, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 29
I just played dreamtheater very loud under a pillow for 40 hours. Thats about all I have patience for
biggrin.gif
Just been listening to them after that.

Garrett

Oct 12, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Just got them yesterday, and after a quick listen, I started the burn-in procedure. Carefully layed them on my carpeted floor, drivers down, put a folded sheet over them, and popped in a Chesky test CD with a pink noise frequency sweep at just above normal listening volume. They'll be there for a week before I hear them again.

So what is everyone else using to perform this task? Or are you just listening to them normally, and letting it happen over time? OR, do you not believe that dynamic drivers need any burn-in?

playing the nine inch nails broken album - wish tends to really beat the hell out of some headphones hehe.

Oct 12, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #5 of 29
Well, when I get home (after picking up mine from the Post, grr) I'll burn them in by listening to them.

Buggered if I know whether or not burning in helps, but I can only do this delayed gratification thing for so long, and I ordered these on the 11th of September. That's quite long enough
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 29
Burn in is all in the mind, I have studied many scientific articles that prove this is the case. So therefore you do not need any special process to burn in headphones, just listen to them.

Oct 12, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by taymat
Burn in is all in the mind, I have studied many scientific articles that prove this is the case. So therefore you do not need any special process to burn in headphones, just listen to them.

reality is all in the mind too, according to some long winded philosophizers.

you cannot argue, it's science!

Oct 12, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #9 of 29
chicago symphony orchestra's (solti, conducting) recording of Beethoven's 9th, under a pillow. will run for a week, then i think it's ready. whether burn-in is all in the mind or not, i do not know...but, i can stand to wait a week so i might as well try and burn them in. have my sr200 to keep me company til then.

Oct 12, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #10 of 29
I put a playlist together of Tool, Dream Theater, Norah Jones, Eva Cassidy, and Shostakovich and let it repeat for ~30 hours.

Oct 12, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
I put a playlist together of Tool, Dream Theater, Norah Jones, Eva Cassidy, and Shostakovich and let it repeat for ~30 hours.

how about a lil cilantro in there??? ; )

Oct 12, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
have my sr200 to keep me company til then.

Yeah, that's a good point. Since I have other phones, it's a lot easier for me to let the HF-1's just cook for a week undisturbed. Others who got these as their only (or at least primary) cans might not be so patient...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back