How are the AD900s?
Jan 12, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by inasafeplace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
d-cee thanks for the advice, could u direct me to the place where u saw any demonstration of these "fat pads"? I couldnt find...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/w10...23/index2.html

it was here in the PDF linked in the original post, but it appears to have been taken offline since the original post was several years old

anyway the concept is simple, go down to your hardware shop. look for some rubber tubing/piping

not sure about what size/diameter, may need to experiment and then cut it to length so that when you put it in a circle it just fits inside your earpads

you don't even need to take off your earpads you just slide it between the earpad and the headphone body and that's it, your ear pads and now much fuller and keep your ears from touching the driver

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sikki-six /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like your talking about the Grado-line
smily_headphones1.gif

Those hurt the ears, somewhat...

yes. my grados are quite uncomfortable

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #18 of 19
With some minor tone adjustment on a good old receiver (An old Marantz 2220b in my case), the lower/mid bass has impact that will 'tickle' your ears with the right music. Some people state that a headphone amp doesn't really help the A900's, however In my experience it does.

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #19 of 19
I'll disagree with you itza2mer. I've tried my a900's with a porta corda II, through A/B testing. Was there an improvement, yes, but not enough to warrant keeping the amp.
If you have an amp already, you might as well use it to eek out all you can, but don't expect night and day difference. IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back