How are IEMs made? 64 Audio Factory Tour - The HEADPHONE Show
Jan 28, 2024 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10
Last summer, The HEADPHONE Show's IEM reviewer @Precogvision took a trip up to the Pacific Northwest to visit one of the most renowned In-Ear Monitor (IEM) manufacturers in the world. Makers of both custom and universal IEMs, 64 Audio has a storied history in this industry from making bespoke, jewelled CIEMs for Beyoncé to one of the most universally well-regarded universal IEMs in the U12t.

Also, big shout out to Taran (Former editor for Linus Tech Tips) for the edit on this one!

Watch the video below.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 10
Looking forward to 64Audio (and other companies) moving into the CIEM TWS market. There is a lot of room for demand there IMO.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 10
Handsome AND smart guy @Precogvision :wink:

But on a serious note, this was a very interesting video, great stuff! Interesting that the ratio of customs to universals manufactured is so close.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 29, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 10
Thank you very much 64 Audio for injecting the High End sound into my veins with your Volür!
It feels reassuring seeing you are decent people, too!

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #5 of 10
Very interesting video! Learned a lot! :)

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #6 of 10
Cool video, cant wait to demo some stuff this year at CanJam!

Jan 29, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #7 of 10
Very interesting! I enjoyed watching this. I have the Volur and U4s. 64 Audio has become my favorite IEM company. Hope I'll get the chance (and the money) to try their other IEMs.

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #8 of 10
All I know is that Taron is a world class person. Previous purchases from them and short interactions with him when their company was new and had/have that 365 day policy was a game changer.

Seems like a very kind solid individual.

Jan 31, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #9 of 10
So I thought IEM building is so costly because of some high science involved in there, but turns out is good old trial and error.
Number of drivers do not mean better sound just it's easier to tume rather than fewer driver in IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back