How about a Gun-Fi Subforum?
Oct 11, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by stl001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nutjobs are influenced by what they read and see, just like others.

i assume you blame the music, movies, and video games and not the person

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #32 of 36
300 million people. Every once in a while, a kid gets ahold of a gun and kills someone. I'd bet there are kids who have murdered people with baseball bats too. Should discussing baseball bats on the internet be banned? How about scissors?

More people are killed every year by doctors than by guns. Most of the gun deaths in this country are suicides. Most of the "kids" killed by guns are between the age of 16 and 24, and are members of gangs, living in inner city poverty. Yes, all deaths like this are a shame. Guns aren't really the problem.

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like it or not, guns are legal consumer products

Typical...
In which of the many countries of all the people that visit this forum are guns a legal consumer products exactly?
rolleyes.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Typical...
In which of the many countries of all the people that visit this forum are guns a legal consumer products exactly?
rolleyes.gif

Pretty much all of them. Total gun bans are very rare, and even in the Netherlands, gun ownership is possible with the right licenses and a gun club membership.

Really, gun laws are much less strict than most people assume. Canadians can own most of the nice "assault rifles" including many that are unavailable in the US, the French can own pretty much anything shown in the Gun-Fi thread, and UK citizens can own straight pull "assault rifle" variants and a variety of revolvers.

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #36 of 36
For the record, for those who may have seen the now deleted posts in this thread, despite his accusations and name calling, it was not me who deleted gajjin's thread, nor me who banned him. However, thanks to his re-registering and immature behaviour , I HAVE now banned him permanently. We do not have the time, nor patience to put up with immature temper tantrums from people who cannot abide by the site's rules nor behave appropriately.

Once again, I ask that everyone drop the pro/anti-gun discussion. We allow discussion about guns as "gear" only. There is to be no political pro/con discussion about guns.

I hope this is perfectly clear, because if it starts up again, we will have to assume it's intentional thread crapping done to derail and/or close a legitimate discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back