How about a Gun-Fi Subforum?
Oct 10, 2007 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
Anyone else getting sick of the multiple redundant Gun threads? Do we need three identical gun threads being reposted? I think if there is a need for so many multiple gun threads, why not have a dedicated subforum for them?

I think this is a valid issue, as there are plenty of people here that don't mix their iPhones and TVs with Guns.

As much as I like posting here, I don't like wading through so many gun threads.

-Ed

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 36
It was deleted for me.

I am bringing up a legitimate issue in a separate thread, despite the fact that Braillediver posted this thread as a direct taunt to the non pro-gun thread that was closed. He even worded the thread title as such.

Read the last line of my post here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...13&postcount=5

And you'll see what I'm talking about.

So how many people feel that a Gun-Fi Subforum would be a good idea?

-Ed

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 36
there are lots of gun forums out there. This really doesn't need to cover everything under the sun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think a separate gun subforum is moving away from what this board is about. If there was a push for a speaker or some other closely related item then I could see that, but a gun subforum seems a bit out of place.

I suppose that would inconvenience the pro-gun people here too much. I'll just stop visiting the Gear-Fi forum then.

-Ed

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suppose that would inconvenience the pro-gun people here too much. I'll just stop visiting the Gear-Fi forum then.

-Ed

I never said I approved or disapproved of the gun threads in the Gear-Fi forums, I was just responding to your inital post of having a gun subforum. It's a big forum with lots of topics. I have to wade through a lot of things I'm not crazy about as well.

Oct 10, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #8 of 36
I think thats kind of what the gear-fi forum is for, to openly post about gear related hobbies.

If that is the direction Jude wants to take head-fi... then wouldn't it require dedicated sub-forums for bikes, flashlights, watches, parenting...etc...?

For the record I am anti-gun ownership for those who do not demonstrate responsibility and the mental stability required for safe ownership.

Oct 10, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #9 of 36
Well, it works fine for me as it is then. I spend most of my time on Head-Fi in the Members Lounge lately. And since the gun threads are more or less quarantined in the Gear-Fi forum, the rest of the Gear-Fi will just have to be friendly fire casualties to me.

-Ed

Oct 10, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #11 of 36
I've only ever seen two or three active gun threads.

Also, I read the "Do not read if you are into guns thread" and I found it pretty messed up. If people can't understand why someone would need a gun for protection, or think that all gun fans are murderous sociopaths, then they need a reality check. It's insulting to those who use and enjoy guns properly.

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am bringing up a legitimate issue in a separate thread, despite the fact that Braillediver posted this thread as a direct taunt to the non pro-gun thread that was closed. He even worded the thread title as such.

uhm.. you linked to gun-fi which is my thread and not in any way a direct taunt or response to another thread... get your links straight

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #14 of 36
I'm not particularly interested in guns too, but then there are many other things I'm not interested in too, bicycles, etc...
I don't really frequent the amp forum that much too.

Maybe gun threads should be categorised under amp forum, then I'm happy.
biggrin.gif

I would also like to see a separate sub-forums for Patrick's and Adamcalifornia's threads.

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uhm.. you linked to gun-fi which is my thread and not in any way a direct taunt or response to another thread... get your links straight

I think Edwood got the link right, but for some reason if you click Braillediver's thread, it takes you to your thread. Maybe the mod merged them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back