Houston Meet-up, July 16
Jun 27, 2014 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

voteforpedro

Head-Fier
Howdy!

We are going to have a meet-up in the Memorial area of Houston on the evening of July 16, and so far we have around 5 of us who are interested. We are going to meet up at my office in the Memorial area. Please send me a PM if you are interested and have not contacted me already. I will provide all of the location details in private, as well as what each person is interested in bringing.

Andy

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 33
Andy,

I'll probably be able to arrive around 6:30 to 7:000 pm that day. I'll just bring the set-up that I have listed in my profile.

Headphones: STAX SR-009
Amplifier: Cavalli Audio Liquid Lightning (MKI)
Sources: NuForce DAC-100 with a late-2011 MacBook Pro & an Onkyo C-S5VL (Super Audio CD player)
Power Cables: Stage III Concepts Heighliner & several custom power cables from Japan
RCA Interconnects: WBT - 0110Ag RCA Interconnects

Music: The music I keep on my Mac is almost all 16/44.1 WAV files that I've ripped from regular CD's. I have a lot more data than can fit on my Mac's internal HD, so I'll fill it up with a variety of good recordings from my various external HD's. I do have a few High-Res files (greater than 16/44.1), but not very many. I also have several dozen SACD's across various genres; I'll bring the best ones I have.

All I need is for someone to reserve a spot for me close to a wall outlet so I can reach it with my power cables. 
biggrin.gif

I do have a Blue Hawaii SE amplifier on order, but I'm pretty certain that I won't get it by then, as I ordered mine in Feb. 2013 and there are others who ordered before me and to my knowledge they still haven't gotten theirs. If this meet goes well hopefully when we have another meet I'll be able to bring it!

beerchug.gif

-Jacks

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 33
Looking forward to a meet in the daytime on a week-end.

Can't do a 200 mile round trip at night during the week.

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 33
Is this still going on? I sent a pm but no response yet...

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 33
I'm in.  I'll bring anything in my profile, but because a SR-009 is showing up I'll probably bring at least my KGSSHV and SR-007 MK1.  Take a look at my profile and see what else you'd like to hear and I'll try and grab it.  I'll also bring a macbook with a 2TB external drive with a bunch of lossless tunes.

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 33
  I'm in.  I'll bring anything in my profile, but because a SR-009 is showing up I'll probably bring at least my KGSSHV and SR-007 MK1.  Take a look at my profile and see what else you'd like to hear and I'll try and grab it.  I'll also bring a macbook with a 2TB external drive with a bunch of lossless tunes.

It would be very interesting to try my SR-009 on your KGSSHV and your SR-007 on my Liquid Lightning. I have a feeling I might like the KGSSHV more. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #8 of 33
I'm tentatively in. I want to go, especially since it's been years since I went to a meet up, but I need to see if I can get out work that evening.

I could bring my laptop, Headroom Portable Desktop amp, my LCD-2 r2's and bunch of other little things.

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #9 of 33
Hey guys-

I am recirculating a new email to the group if I have your email address. We are moving the venue to my house, as my office won't have enough space for us. I prefer to not publish my home address online.

Andy

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #11 of 33
Just in case there is anyone new to the thread I have not emailed yet, I volunteered to be the food guy so Im bringing Papa John's. I will probably bring an assortment to try and best cover most peoples preferences. I will be collecting donations at the meet if you want to help out...but if you choose not to its no big deal. If you have a specific pizza request just email or PM me. Oh and also...i will not be bringing drinks. Cant wait till tomorrow XD

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #14 of 33
I have 2 handfuls of water and soda chilling in my fridge as I speak.  Can someone pick up some cookies or brownies on their way?  There is a huge HEB off of Bunker Hill and I-10, a few blocks away from Memorial City Mall but on the other side of the interstate.

Edit:  Voteforpedro has drinks and snacks, I guess I will just bring a six pack of water and pizza chip-in. :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back