Houston Head-Fi Meet #2 on October 17
Oct 3, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #106 of 201
[size=large]A Culinary Inquiry(tm):[/size]

How many of those of you attending the upcoming meet like Baba Ghanoush? You know ... the standard Mediterranean styled egg plant dip that goes great with olive oil and pita bread?

I was thinking of making some for the meet but since it's sort of a niche item (international foods and such), I figured I'd check first.

I make some mean ass fire roasted Baba Ghanoush (I usually mix it up by adding a bit of feta cheese or some kalamata olives); I would of course bring plenty of fresh pita bread.

So lemme know and then I'll decide whether to take the time to make it or not (it's a bit of a production) ...

Rock on.

smile.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #107 of 201
Only if you are bringing hummous as well (my wife is from Israel), so I am in.

The first tube eXStata proto is alive and well in Colorado, and my parts all get here Monday (confirmed with UPS), so count those two in for sure. Then, I am making pilgrimage to Mecca tomorrow to (hopefully) birth Vulcan and maybe resuscitate BH.

Oh, and Raven has an outside chance. All in the alignment of the stars, but I am going the extra 400 miles to try to make all this happen.

Actually Shelly, I do have that one SE SOHAII, but, no cable to listen to it...
icon10.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #108 of 201
I might come by for a short while, if im in the area nearby. Really want to listen to good equipment so I can decide on what I want to buy since im fairly new to head-fi. I just have a set of DT770s.

Oct 6, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #109 of 201
Great news:

I got in touch with Jerry Harvey at JH Audio and he said he would send some demo unit(s) of the JH13 to me for the meet! I am not sure if he will send a balanced pair, but I asked about it.

I have never really been that excited about IEMs but these are supposed to be amazing and I cannot wait to hear them. Thanks so much Jerry!!! It is like Christmas.

Ken: Could you add JH Audio JH13 to the list? Thanks.

Oct 6, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #110 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great news:

I got in touch with Jerry Harvey at JH Audio and he said he would send some demo unit(s) of the JH13 to me for the meet! I am not sure if he will send a balanced pair, but I asked about it.

I have never really been that excited about IEMs but these are supposed to be amazing and I cannot wait to hear them. Thanks so much Jerry!!! It is like Christmas.

AWESOME!

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #111 of 201
Update: Looks like Jerry will probably be sending a balanced JH13 along with a "normal" single-ended one. He says that the cable will be a little short but should work. It seems that they may have a longer balanced cable (8ft) as an option in the future. I cannot wait to hear it with Steve's balanced B22 (which better be there).

Oct 6, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #112 of 201
That is very exciting - I've thought about maybe ordering JH13s eventually, but I have a serious aversion to spending more than $1000 on anything sight unseen (or sound unheard, as the case may be
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Oct 6, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #113 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnewman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is very exciting - I've thought about maybe ordering JH13s eventually, but I have a serious aversion to spending more than $1000 on anything sight unseen (or sound unheard, as the case may be
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Exactly my thought.

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #114 of 201
Quote:

Exactly my thought.

I did exactly that! I'll tell you how it compares with the K1000 once I get my JH13 (hopefully by next week).
smile_phones.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #115 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did exactly that! I'll tell you how it compares with the K1000 once I get my JH13 (hopefully by next week).
smile_phones.gif

I am jealous!!!! Don't tell me you are going to hook it up to the speaker posts of your Stingray though?
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #116 of 201
Quote:

I am jealous!!!! Don't tell me you are going to hook it up to the speaker posts of your Stingray though?
biggrin.gif

Well, I suspect that I'll only be able to enjoy a few seconds of JH13 glory until it blows up in my ears if I were to do that.
tongue.gif

I'll primarily be using the JH13 paired with a 3rd Gen iTouch for portable use. I really doubt the JH13 would be replacing my K1000 for home use as I value soundstage, imaging, and that "out-of-head" experience very highly which incidentally are the strong suits of the K1000.

Eventually when my wallet recuperate, I might get a desktop amp for the JH13 so I can make use of the mighty fine source that we both love (ECD-1).
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #117 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I suspect that I'll only be able to enjoy a few seconds of JH13 glory until it blows up in my ears if I were to do that.
tongue.gif

wink.gif

You are no fun.
wink_face.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #119 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrc1utch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol i live in brightwater

You're kidding, right?
cool.gif

I sent you a PM.

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #120 of 201
More good news!!!

Drew at Moon Audio has been kind enough to send us a sweet door prize and some cool toys to play with! Thanks so much Drew, you are awesome!

Door prize: 1.5ft pair of Blue Dragon Interconnects with Cardas RCAs for the give away - $150 value (donated by Moon Audio)

Fun toys loaned to us by Moon Audio:
1) The new Blossom balanced headphone amp (has a $1495 price tag and Drew says it is a heck of an amp for the price tag and size, 2.5"x6.2"x8.3")

500x_balance_hd650.jpg

Blossom Balanced Headphone Amp (if anyone knows Japanese, some translation would be helpful)

2) some Moon Audio balanced HD800 cables

Ken, could you add this to the initial post? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back