Houston Head-Fi Meet #2 on October 17
Sep 22, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #76 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, I guess there will be two pairs then. I just got a pair last Friday. I have really been enjoying my pair a lot during the last week. They are a tad too dark with some music but have a nice tone and are quite detailed. They are really quality headphones.
biggrin.gif
By the way, I see that the pair you nabbed came with that awesome stand... very jealous.

I will have the FrankenPhones with the CD3k housing and the same JVC drivers, but mine will be 'dual symmetrical differential', or whatever the correct term is for my topologies. Maybe I'll actually like a closed phone.

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #77 of 201
Looks like I will be staying in Southern California until November. It could change but is almost a lock.

Ken, consider my meet fee to cover someone who cannot pay, or put it towards snacks etc., I trust ya.
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #78 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will have the FrankenPhones with the CD3k housing and the same JVC drivers, but mine will be 'dual symmetrical differential', or whatever the correct term is for my topologies. Maybe I'll actually like a closed phone.

Cool! Does this mean that there will be two drivers per cup? The drivers in the JVC seem top notch. I am interested to hear what they would sound like in a non-cavernous type housing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like I will be staying in Southern California until November. It could change but is almost a lock.

Ken, consider my meet fee to cover someone who cannot pay, or put it towards snacks etc., I trust ya.
biggrin.gif

crying-1461.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #80 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

Aw crap. I was counting on you to man a fire extinguisher.
biggrin.gif

Here's hoping they get sick of you and send you back.

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #81 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The plot thickens. I'll be in arriving in Houston on Saturday bright and early, after an overnight flight... I could always skip my Houston->Austin return leg. However, I'd need a way to get back to Austin, which could be tricky.

Marc I'm sure I could handle that. As long as you promise not to talk about Madonna the whole way this time.
tongue.gif

It looks like my β22 will be back home this Tuesday, so that will be there to drive my K1000, as well as my Consonance integrated. And if Marc and I have time on the fourth, there may be another amp there that should be a great match for the K1000.

I doubt the Buffalo32 will be ready by then though.

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #82 of 201
One new stat amp for sure, and another comes online next Friday. There is an outside chance the third comes online on the 4th (Steve, _may_ see you there), then only the BH is in doubt.

So, two dynamic amps, 'balanced' Bijou and SOHAII, then 2-4 stat amps, one of which is SS.

Headphones: Senn hd800, Senn he60, Stax SR-40.

Source: Cambridge Azur 840c.

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #83 of 201
Wow, we'll have to have half of the room dedicated to just your creations.
icon10.gif

Also, you forgot Frankenphones on your list. Are they not going to be there?

We should start getting a list of gear up on the first post Ken.

Here is my updated list of gear:

Headphones:

AKG K701
Audio Technica ATH-AD2000
Audio Technica ATH-A2000x
Audio Technica ATH-A900LTD
Audio Technica ATH-ESW9
JVC HA-DX1000
Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser HD650
Shure SRH840

Headphone amps:

Headamp GS-1
Stello HP100
Woo Audio WA5 LE

Sources:

Electrocompaniet ECD-1
Marantz SA8001
Rotel RCD-961

Also, I currently have a Stello DA100 DAC if someone is interested in hearing it. I was holding it for a head-fier until September 22 but haven't heard back from him so I am not sure what is happening with it. I may or may not have it at the time of the meet.

Other things I could bring if anyone is interested (if there is no interest, I will leave them at home/office):
Denon AH-D1001K
Klipsch X10
Yuin PK3
Meier 2Move portable amp
Firestone Fubar II DAC
Firestone Cute Beyond amp
Oppo HD970 or HD980

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #85 of 201
Quote:

Wow, we'll have to have half of the room dedicated to just your creations.
icon10.gif

Also, you forgot Frankenphones on your list. Are they not going to be there?

-=Depends=-

They are supposed to be, but, well... just not in my control. ANOTHER PM is being sent.
frown.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #86 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-=Depends=-

They are supposed to be, but, well... just not in my control. ANOTHER PM is being sent.
frown.gif

Damn -=women=-
tongue.gif

Marc: The AD2000 and ESW9 aren't going away anytime soon.... me likes too much.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #87 of 201
Quote:

Damn -=women=-
tongue.gif

Marc: The AD2000 and ESW9 aren't going away anytime soon.... me likes too much.
smily_headphones1.gif

beerchug.gif

:)

Sep 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #88 of 201
Quote:

We should start getting a list of gear up on the first post Ken.

I'm knee deep in work atm. If someone wants to send me a text file list that I can copy and paste into the post, I'll do it. My stuff is in my sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back