Hot Dogs. How do you eat them?
Mar 14, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #61 of 90
There's also a type of sausage called Thüringer Rostbratwurst, which uses pig intestines for the skin, which may be more or less appealing depending on your preferences ColonelKernal
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #62 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try organic chicken dogs. They taste them same, just about, and they are a lot healthier for you.

Sounds about as appealing as doin' it with a blow-up doll.

Mar 15, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #64 of 90
Any combination of:
Saurkraut
Gulden's Spicey Brown Mustard
Boar's Head Mustard
German Stone Ground Mustard
Onions (Sabrette or Boar's Head)
Chilli
Cheese
Fried red and green peppers

I like them boiled or grilled, on whole grain buns/rolls

And i usually get premium brands... Hebrew National, Boar's Head, Nathan's, Sabrette, etc.

Mar 17, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #65 of 90
I like mine with chili, onions, cheese, and mustard.

Every time I go to Chicago I have to go to the Beef and Brandy. It is on south Sate st. They have a Francheesee. It is a quarter pound hot dog fried with cheese on the inside. To top it off they wrap it in bacon before it goes on the bread. I know it takes at least 3 days off my life every time I eat one, but it is worth it.

Mar 17, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #67 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any combination of:
Saurkraut
Gulden's Spicey Brown Mustard
Boar's Head Mustard
German Stone Ground Mustard
Onions (Sabrette or Boar's Head)
Chilli
Cheese
Fried red and green peppers

I like them boiled or grilled, on whole grain buns/rolls

And i usually get premium brands... Hebrew National, Boar's Head, Nathan's, Sabrette, etc.

I tried Hebrew National once, most horrible things I have ever tasted, and whats with 7 dogs a pack? I don't know, I suppose I'll have to try some Nathans or Boar's Head.

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #70 of 90
Regardless of the toppings or condiments, I always go for hot dogs with a huge sausage, so that some meat hangs out both ends of the bun. It just tastes amazing to begin and end with just the juicy, succulent meat. Oh my, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it (and maybe a little sick as well?). I try to limit myself to 1 or 2 hot dogs a month.
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #71 of 90
Mustard, or Mustard/chili/cheese.

My wife eats them with ketchup. I won't fix them for her. I'll cook the dogs, but I refuse to put ketchup on them. Its just wrong.

**BRENT**

Mar 19, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #72 of 90
I'm not gonna get suckered into the Chicago 'dogs vs. the world thing. I live in NYC, and for me, there is nothing better than a Papaya King dog (86th St. location, natch.) with just a little mustard. The casings snap when you bite into them, they're juicy...yumm. I should add that the best ones are the ones that have been sitting on the griddle for a while, and have some char on them.

That said, I never managed to sample a Chicago dog during the few business trips I took to the windy city. So I'm not qualified to judge.

Basically, I don't make distinctions between different regional interpretations of iconic street foods. The only exception would be the blessed cheese steak, which is only available in its true form in three places: Pat's, Jim's, and Geno's.

Mar 20, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #74 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OTHER, i.e., I don't eat hot dogs. Ew. Give me a real sausage any day.

x2
Were I live there aren't many hot dogs and apart from that I prefer real Austrian sausages (like a Bratwurst, a Burenwurst or something like that) with mustard and horseradish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back