Horns of a Dilemma (WA6)
Mar 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DogMeat

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, Guys, here's the dealio;
Got a chance at a WA6 with the Blackgate parts upgrade and the Pseudo Dual Power supply upgrade done, early 2010-ish.
It has the Sophia on.

Roughly the same cost as I would pay for a brand spankin' new WA6 with the Sophia and the 7n7's added to the package. Woo doesn't offer the previously mentioned build upgrades any longer.

So.
Which purchase should I make? 
Is it smarter to get new from Woo, warranty and all, or go with a somewhat older, yet upgraded WA6?
I think that the build of the WA6 itself has not changed for a couple or 3 years....

This would be used for Senn 600 and 650 especially, so the sound sig is correct.

ADVICE PLEASE!
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 5
Get the new WA6.  Then, look into the USAF-596 rectifier and socket adapter.  That will lead to better results than parts upgrades.  I'm not a big believer in premium parts upgrades, but I am in tubes.  And I've read the 596 is better than Miss Sophia.  

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 5
Tubes are going to make a far bigger difference than the parts upgrades.  Go with the new WA6 and the 596 rectifier that Jay mentioned.  In my opinion, Woo amps really shine when paired with a neutral source and HD6x0's, so you're in for a treat.

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 5
Advice taken, most appreciated... THANK YOU!
Source for the USAG-596 rectifier and socket adaptor?

Of course I have plenty of time for some shopping, as it will be a few weeks before arrival and burn in is completed....
CHEERS!
smile_phones.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Contact member 2359Glenn or email Woo Audio directly.

Quote:
Advice taken, most appreciated... THANK YOU!
Source for the USAG-596 rectifier and socket adaptor?

Of course I have plenty of time for some shopping, as it will be a few weeks before arrival and burn in is completed....
CHEERS!
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back