Hornet
Nov 9, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #46 of 63
Well, the original poster decided to sell his Hornet.

Obviously he cannot do it through private messages.

He has to put up an ad in the for sale forum. How else can he sell the Hornet?

Nov 9, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sennheiser
Well, the original poster decided to sell his Hornet.

Obviously he cannot do it through private messages.

He has to put up an ad in the for sale forum. How else can he sell the Hornet?

I was referring more to your offer after he withdrew it.

Edit- however, NOT that I am criticising, but the hornet put up on sale was offered for $360 - and that hornet was probably purchased at a pre-sale price of $299. Therefore, yes, sometimes you wouldn't want to make it so obvious that you are trying to make a profit, otherwise Ray might call you out and say "just return it" hehe. The seller should have said "send me PMs with offers" if he wanted to be more discreet.

Nov 9, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #48 of 63
My cousin works for Sony. I guess for the sake of my cousin's job, I'd better type up that apology letter.

My hifi dealer has given me generous discounts on some really nice speakers over the years. I guess the next time I decide to return some amp or speakers to that dealership, I'd better type up an apology letter as well.

And come to think of it, my mutual fund owns Sony stocks. I guess the next time I decide to return a Sony product, I'd better prepare a really nice apology letter, in case Sony's stock price dips because of my returns.

Nov 9, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I was referring more to your offer after he withdrew it.

I merely said "if you still would like to sell the Hornet, I'd be interested." And that constitutes an "offense" to the manufactuer?

And BTW, that post mysteriously got deleted.

Nov 9, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #50 of 63
again, i dunno about the rest of the posters here, but i am not criticising your actual offer. i'm just suggesting a way to deflect more strident naysayers.

edit - and your offer wasn't offending Ray. in the worst light, it would have been an offer that just looked kind of strange in light of the big to-do the seller posted right above your offer stating that the sale was officially off the table. again, not judging - just sort of open and out there.

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

but the hornet put up on sale was offered for $360 - and that hornet was probably purchased at a pre-sale price of $299.

People make profits on sales on headfi all the time.

There was a recent Amazon sale on the ER-4P for $125 shipped. Now there are many ER-4P's popping up in the for sale forum asking for $175. No one seems to have a problem with that.

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

People make profits on sales on headfi all the time.

There was a recent Amazon sale on the ER-4P for $125 shipped. Now there are many ER-4P's popping up in the for sale forum asking for $175. No one seems to have a problem with that.

I didn't say it was a crime, or even that I was criticising it. I just said that posting it so publicly makes it visible to everyone that the amp was being sold at a profit, and it attracted Ray's attention.

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:04 PM Post #53 of 63
Whatever. I guess the lesson I learned from all this is:

Whenever we deal with Ray Sammuels' amp, the dealings had better be under the table rather than on top of the table.

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

Whatever. I guess the lesson I learned from all this is:

Whenever we deal with Ray Sammuels' amp, the dealings had better be under the table rather than on top of the table.

Well, I wouldn't say just Ray's new amp, but any new product, tons of people will have the eagle eye on it. To avoid any harsh scrutiny, sometimes it's best not to jump in the spotlight that is called "FOTM" hehe!

*Surely won't be the first to get the K701 at the low intro price and flip it for a profit!*
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

*Surely won't be the first to get the K701 at the low intro price and flip it for a profit!*
wink.gif

Confess your sins, how much did you make?
icon10.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Confess your sins, how much did you make?
icon10.gif

Enough to get that 1000 Flushes smell outta my hair - I'm tellin' ya, it looks like a toilet!
icon10.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

Isn't that saying the same thing?

Read my two statements carefully. The answer is NO.

Headphones need a certain amount of drive to reach optimal performance and sound dynamic. Stick your headphones into the line out of your source and see what happens (really, don't do this). Stick your headphones into a weak headphone jack and see what happens. Stick your headphones into your amp that's connected to the source and see what happens.

Case in point: Hook up your headphones to an ipod headphone jack. Then properly amp your headphones using the ipod's line out. Same DAC from the ipod, but different and more dynamic sound? Since you're being dubious, why don't you judge for yourself.

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #59 of 63
Senn, It's clear you're really not getting the point here.

1) Firstly, the reason some people may have hassled you in regards to your hornet offer may have been because your post was made right after the seller chose to explain that the Hornet was withdrawn from sale. He emphasised that he was going to give it some more time, and if he didn't like it after the burn-in then he would SEND it back to Ray for a full refund - meaning NO SALE. Either you chose to blatantly ignore this, or you didn't fully comprehend...Either way, I'm not trying to criticise you on this point, I just want to make it more clear to you. What Jahn is saying is if you want to avoid such things, it is be best to contact the seller through PM and not publicly so you are not open to any criticisms. All he is trying to do is help you out, for future reference.

2) You are not in a position to make derogatory comments/judgements in regards to the seller's apology or the product for that matter. Like you said, ultimately it is the consumer's decision to make their own judgements of the product. In this case, no one forced the seller to make the apology, it was done as a gesture of goodwill. Most importantly, this decision was made purely by himself as he clearly stated. Meaning not YOU, not ME, not anyone else in this forum had a hand in the matter. So without any background knowlege of the surrounding circumstances (only fairy assumptions), who are you to say that what he did was right or wrong? It's not as simple as buying a Sony widescreen TV and returning it to some random electronic store the next day.

3) People on this forum are only trying to help you with your questions - from your responses though, it seems like all you want to do is cause flames and create arguments with whatever advice people here are giving you. That's commonly referred to as "trolling". You could always put it in a nice way if you do not agree with someone, rather than trying to pick an argument.

Hope that cleared things up for you.

-chungsoi

Nov 9, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Meaning not YOU, not ME, not anyone else in this forum had a hand in the matter.

How can you say this? After pages after pages of blatant "peer" pressure, forcing the buyer to reconsider selling the amp.

I certainly did not influence the buyer (the original poster) in any way, shape, or form. Since I only started posting in this thread after the decision was made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back