honolulu (oahu) mini-meet winter 2006
Dec 12, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #31 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got your pm. Thanks for volunteering your house! I should be able to get off work early enough to make it there by 3:00pm.

Since the tomahawks are probably going to ship next week there's a decent chance that I will have it in time for the meet.

I'm more than happy to help pay for the pizza and refreshments and I can bring some other food or drinks as well. Shall we do a potluck?

yeah, i'd like to bring some food as well...that's why i love home...the food!!

looking forward to meeting all of you guys and listening to a bunch of stuff that i've been curious about!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #32 of 64
Hi,

I'll be home for the holidays. I just preordered the Tomahawk and it should be there before the meet. I wouldn't mind stopping by to meet everyone. I'll be taking my Macbook Pro and over 8k songs( mostly lossless - external HD). Let me know if anyone needs anything.

Sounds like everyone is into photography. I'll bring my D70 and 12-24mm tokina, 50mm nikkor, 28mm nikkor. Wow, not only a head-fi meet but a photography one too.....

Dec 12, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #33 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, i'd like to bring some food as well...that's why i love home...the food!!

looking forward to meeting all of you guys and listening to a bunch of stuff that i've been curious about!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup, I think every local boy likes to grind. I'd be happy to bring something, what do you guys like to eat?

P.S.-My D50'll probably be here by then so I'll bring that and the standard 18-55 DX, and a few of my manual primes (28mm Cimko, 35mm Nikkor, 50mm Nikkor) and maybe my 43-86 Nikkor. If any of you guys are film buffs, I can also bring my F2 for you to play around with.

Dec 12, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #34 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by masahito24@chart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I'll be home for the holidays. I just preordered the Tomahawk and it should be there before the meet. I wouldn't mind stopping by to meet everyone. I'll be taking my Macbook Pro and over 8k songs( mostly lossless - external HD). Let me know if anyone needs anything.

Sounds like everyone is into photography. I'll bring my D70 and 12-24mm tokina, 50mm nikkor, 28mm nikkor. Wow, not only a head-fi meet but a photography one too.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, I think every local boy likes to grind. I'd be happy to bring something, what do you guys like to eat?

P.S.-My D50'll probably be here by then so I'll bring that and the standard 18-55 DX, and a few of my manual primes (28mm Cimko, 35mm Nikkor, 50mm Nikkor) and maybe my 43-86 Nikkor. If any of you guys are film buffs, I can also bring my F2 for you to play around with.

sweet, i'll get to try out your lenses, too! i've been interested in the 12-24mm tokina so that should be interesting...i sold my 50mm but maybe i'll give it another chance
wink.gif

okay, we should decide on the food as well...very excited about this...

Dec 12, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #35 of 64
Hey guys just checking in, and it seems that this meet might actualy happend, next step is I will contact justhavingfun, hopefully everything comes in on time, keeping my fingers crossed,

Hopefully no one is offended, but Merry Christmas anyways

Dec 12, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #36 of 64
Great! It looks like choomanchoo and masahito24@chart will be able to make this mini-meet. PMs sent for more info. I used to be in photography long time ago (like 20 years ago) and it will be interesting to see more camera equipment. I don't even know where are my equipments anymore. As far as foods are concern, nobody needs to bring anything. I will provide some refreshments and pizza. If you want to bring any foods that is ok but no alcohol please. Looking forward to meeting you all.
600smile.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #37 of 64
It looks like there will be six of us for this mini-meet. If anybody else wants to join us, you can still leave the PM for me but I will not be able to response until December 31. I will be out of town and most likely I will not have the access to internet until I come home December 30 late evening.
etysmile.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #38 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by justhavingfun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like there will be six of us for this mini-meet. If anybody else wants to join us, you can still leave the PM for me but I will not be able to response until December 31. I will be out of town and most likely I will not have the access to internet until I come home December 30 late evening.
etysmile.gif

or you can PM/email me and i can send you the info justhavingfun sent me.

also, do you guys have extra power cords and RCA cables? i want to pack as little as possible and don't really want to bring my cables...

Dec 20, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #39 of 64
Put me down as tentative. I'm not sure if I will be in town.

I can bring the following:

Grado GS-1000
Beyerdymanic DT 880 (05 model)
Headamp Gilmore V2SE

Dec 20, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #40 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Spark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put me down as tentative. I'm not sure if I will be in town.

I can bring the following:

Grado GS-1000
Beyerdymanic DT 880 (05 model)
Headamp Gilmore V2SE

sweet! hope you can make it...would love to hear the gs-1000 and also compare the v2se to my gs-1.

Dec 21, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #41 of 64
Great, my house still can accommodate few more people so you can PM kugino for the contact info while I am out of town.

kugino, I can provide basic cables and power outlets but nothing fancy just plain ol'generic kinds so plan accordingly. And I will check your first post in this thread to see how many of us will be joining us. My guess is that the house will be able to comfortably provide space for about ten people.

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:19 AM Post #42 of 64
Do any of you guys want to hear an EMU 1212M? I can bring my desktop if there's any interest (Which would also allow people with external music HDs to bring their stuff). The comp weighs about 60 lbs though so if no one really is interested, I probably won't bring it.

I also have some generic power cables that people can use. I have a Analog Research Silver Raincoat power cord too but it'll probably hooked up to my gear. I also have some spare interconnects to use as well which are a little better than the generic kind.

Dec 21, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #43 of 64
Quote:

Do any of you guys want to hear an EMU 1212M? I can bring my desktop if there's any interest (Which would also allow people with external music HDs to bring their stuff). The comp weighs about 60 lbs though so if no one really is interested, I probably won't bring it.

I also have some generic power cables that people can use. I have a Analog Research Silver Raincoat power cord too but it'll probably hooked up to my gear. I also have some spare interconnects to use as well which are a little better than the generic kind.

i think there'll be more than enough to listen to so you don't have to lug that 60lb beast...i'll bring my macbook if anyone wants to listen to any USB-fed sources...

i'll probably need to use a power cord and an interconnect or two...thanks.

Dec 22, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #45 of 64
Quote:

I'll probably bring my mac mini to feed my squeezebox. If I were you I wouldn't bring the beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yo

yo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back