honolulu (oahu) mini-meet winter 2006
Dec 4, 2006 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

kugino

Headphoneus Supremus
i will be home for a couple weeks in dec/jan and was wondering if any of you would like to get together for a mini-meet. i'd love to meet you guys as well as listen to some new gear...would need to know before dec. 22nd so i know what equipment to pack. i know it's a busy time of year so it might not be a good time, but hopefully we can work something out. and any of you h-fiers vacationing in hawaii are certainly welcome!

EDIT: mini-meet has been confirmed. here are the details:

when? - Tuesday, January 2, 2007(!)
time? - around 3:00 p.m.
where? - justhavingfun's place (PM me for directions if you're interested)
who? - justhavingfun, ichiro, skyline889, kugino, masahito24@chart, choomanchoo, bleeding spark (maybe)

Dec 4, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 64
I would certainly be interested!

Meet Gear List

Headphones

AKG K81DJ
AKG K81DJ Recabled
Audio Technica ATH-A900LTD
Beyerdynamic DT880 '05 (?)
Etymotic ER-4S
Grado GS-1000 (?)
Koss Porta Pro
Koss ESP-950
Koss KSC-35 Recabled
Koss KSC-75 (2)
Sennheiser HD580
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser PX100
UE Metro-Fi 2
Westone UM2

Amps

Go-Vibe V5
Headamp Gilmore Lite w/DPS
Headamp Gilmore V2SE
Headamp GS-1
Headsave Classic
Headroom Microstack
Koss ESP-950
Kugino's Pint
Little Dot+
Meier Audio Corda Head-Five
Millet Hybrid Basic/Maxxed
MisterX Pint
RSA Tomahawk (2)
Shellbrook Ascent
Super Mini III (?)
Z-Audio Lambda

Sources

Apple Ipod Imod 60gb
Apple Ipod Nano 2G 8GB
Apple Ipod Shuffle 2G 1GB
Apple Macbook
Apple Macbook Pro
Archos Jukebox
CEC 2100
MisterX Alien DAC
Stello DA100

Cameras?

Nikon D70
-Nikkor 18-200mm VR

Nikon D70
-Tokina 12-24mm
-Nikkor 28mm
-Nikkor 50mm

Dec 4, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #3 of 64
great, skyline...do you know other hawaii head-fiers that would be interested? and any ideas where we might be able to do this?

Dec 5, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #4 of 64
I think Ichiro mentioned he would be interested in a mini-meet as well.

As for location, I'm not too sure. I would invite you guys over to my house but right now it's in a state of chaos as we're moving things around and rearranging furniture in our house, so my house will probably be out of comission till late January, early February. If me and my parents are able to clean up in time though, we might be able to have it at my house.

Dec 5, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #5 of 64
Hey guys and gals, just a few notes ,first of all my headphones (SR325I's) never even come in yet, I placed an order late last month, but usuall shipping time is about three weeks, anyways what I am saying is that I would love to go if you guy/gals wouldn't mind me showing up without too much besides bunch of questions and maybe a GV5S and Grado Sr32I (GV5S soon to be ordered)
blink.gif

Dec 5, 2006 at 8:03 AM Post #6 of 64
Oh I forgot to mention, I do have a wide variety of music in my external harddrive, everyting from techno to folk-mexcian, About 6,000 songs worth, probably nothing compared to what most you guys have , but I hope it's a good start

Dec 5, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #7 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys and gals, just a few notes ,first of all my headphones (SR325I's) never even come in yet, I placed an order late last month, but usuall shipping time is about three weeks, anyways what I am saying is that I would love to go if you guy/gals wouldn't mind me showing up without too much besides bunch of questions and maybe a GV5S and Grado Sr32I (GV5S soon to be ordered)
blink.gif

that'd be fine...as far as i'm concerned, anyone who's interested would be welcome, regardless of how much or how little equipment they bring...

well, looks like there's at least 4 of us now...

Dec 5, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #8 of 64
I'd definitely be interested although I just got rid of a lot of my stuff. I'd offer my place but it's almost embarrassingly small. If there really are only going to be 4 or 5 of us we might be able to do it but we'll see.

Here's what I will have for the meet.
Headphones:
A900ltd, HF-1, HD650, k81dj, porta pro, ksc-75, ksc-35 (recabled), metro.fi 2, cx300, um2

Amps:
Headsave "new" classic, misterx pint, supermini III (maybe)

Sources:
2G 8GB Nano, 60gb iMod iPod, 2G 1GB Shuffle, MisterX Alien Dac, squeezebox 3

I'm on the list for a tomahawk which could possibly make it in time and I'm thinking about getting a "M" Hornet or go-vibe 5s.

Dec 5, 2006 at 10:22 AM Post #9 of 64
Here's the stuff I'll probably bring:

Amps:
2 Meier Audio Corda Head-Fives

Headphones:
Grado HF-1
Headphile CD3K
Sennheiser HD580 Jubilee
Sennheiser HD515

Sources:
NAD C521BEE
Sony SCD-CE595
Creative Zen Vision 3.7"
Toshiba Gigabeat F40

Dec 6, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #10 of 64
well, i'll bring

Stello DA100
Headamp GS-1
recabled k81dj
k701 (i really don't want to bring this but will if you guys want it)
grado SR200 (if i don't sell it before then)

ideally the less the better...hopefully the airline doesn't lose my luggage
blink.gif

let me know if i should bring powercords, cables, etc...or if you guys have extras i could use.

great...looking forward to this. we'll need to set a date/time...i'll be around from 12/22 - 1/05, so preferably sometime in that period...

Dec 7, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #11 of 64
Wow, that's a nice lineup of gear. I would love to hear the da100 and gs-1. I've heard the k701 so it's not a priority for me. Although maybe skyline would like to have a listen.

This meet could be really great. It's just a shame that I just got rid of so much headphone equipment.

Dec 7, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #12 of 64
I too would love to hear the GS-1, the K701s I've only had some very brief time with so those would be awesome too, but if you don't want to bring them, I understand (Those TSA guys can be jack-----).

The HD515s are pretty crappy cans so I don't think I'll be bringing those to the meet
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #13 of 64
i'm leaning against bringing the k701 since they're so freakin' big and bulky...

ichiro, what op-amp is in your PINT? mine is the AD8397 so i'll bring it if yours is the LM6172...

and my D70 with 18-200 VR lens
wink.gif

skyline, you're into photography, too right? at least we'll have nice pics of our mini-meet
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #14 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ichiro, what op-amp is in your PINT? mine is the AD8397 so i'll bring it if yours is the LM6172...

My pint is actually a desktop pint with a tread ps and 8397's.

I decided to order a black gilmore lite w/ps that will hopefully arrive in time for the meet. I need to learn how to hang onto my gear since this is the third time I am buying a glite!

Dec 8, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My pint is actually a desktop pint with a tread ps and 8397's.

I decided to order a black gilmore lite w/ps that will hopefully arrive in time for the meet. I need to learn how to hang onto my gear since this is the third time I am buying a glite!

sweet! it will be nice to hear the g-lite next to the gs-1...and i'd love to hear your PINT with the tread. i'll bring my more portable and mundane PINT then...

so we need to settle on a date/time and place...any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back