Hong Kong Meet next month
Dec 18, 2003 at 4:24 AM Post #181 of 212
Oops. I misread the post. Adam, arrive on Saturday or Sunday? If Sunday at 1pm, you won't be able to make it to PolyU until 3 or so. Hmmm...

I have to duck out for a bit around 5, but perhaps we can hold the meet:

Sunday afternoon, say 2-7 (and maybe dinner for those that want afterwards)

Monday 5-8
Tuesday 5-8

I could be there all three days actually... Lots of work before the holidays.

Wednesday and Thursday is cutting it too close to Christmas. What do you guys think?

Dec 18, 2003 at 10:12 AM Post #182 of 212
ok, do the meet whenever you like. if we only have 3 hours in monday/tuesday, but 5 on sunday, if i arrive in 2 hours late it's fine with me.

how far is the PolyU from the airport?
can i have the exact address, to tell the taxi driver?

another question, do you know where can i buy iRiver players? it's cheap, right?

Dec 18, 2003 at 2:10 PM Post #183 of 212
Congratulations you're finally coming here!
biggrin.gif

(Well, congratulations to you AND us)
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 19, 2003 at 6:28 AM Post #186 of 212
for how long are you staying?

guys...time is pushing...what's the address of the PolyU?
when we'll have the meet?
it seems no one cares about the meet itself already
mad.gif
tongue.gif

gino,
i have no recieved any reply from mcfanny@polyu.edu.hk !
what should i do???
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Dec 20, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #187 of 212
Dear Adam:

www.polyu.edu.hk

The Hong Kong Polytechnic University,
Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong

PolyU is well known in hong kong, it's not possible for any taxi driver miss this place without knowing the exact address, just tell them "PolyU, Hung Hom" will be fine!!!

The best way to reach PolyU is taking Airport Express (It's railway!!) from airport to Kolwoon Station and take one more Taxi ride to PolyU (should cost you less than $50 HKD(~15USD) and you can consider get a 3 day tourist pass.

http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/ae_tourtickete.htm

http://www.centamap.com/scripts/esri...&co=&za=0&zb=0

Kowloon Station is located at left hand side of city golf club (Jordan Road) of the map, and the HK PolyU is located at middle right of the map

Dec 20, 2003 at 1:09 PM Post #188 of 212
I'll be in P-507. On Sundays, the Podium level entrance will be closed, but there is a security entrance one level below (level 1). PM me for my mobile number. I should be in around 2 (may be a little late, we'll see). I may have to duck out early tomorrow for a personal matter, but will also be in Monday (Tuesday is looking a bit iffy).

See you alls tomorrow!

Dec 21, 2003 at 1:51 AM Post #189 of 212
Actually who will be attended??? till now I can't receive the PM and someone replied to be there, and too short notice for the meeting....I don't know should i bring all the thing along...

Dec 21, 2003 at 9:19 AM Post #192 of 212
Sorry, I can't make it to the meeting today...
frown.gif

Dec 21, 2003 at 2:12 PM Post #193 of 212
Happy to join the meeting~~ wonderful gearw, wonder peoples!! Thanks Gino for quite place for testing(even have interest access, COOL), very impressive to his massive twinhead Amp, and hope you having a good times with your new source (which one you guys bought finally?? please let me know)

This time I have 2 new target, Adam's Beyerdynamics 880 is lightweight, supercomfort cans with deluxe Al case, wide soundstage and sense of space, I love it!!

Also Joe's HD580, a bit short for Symphonic Music but it's the best cans for Violin even tried, and not so hard to drive for my anique CD player.

Joe, look at the link for the Zu cable I mentioned, IT LOOKS REALLY COOL ONE!!

http://www.zucable.com/mobius/index.html

And I made my own flat pad at home with 414 cushion and cut a hole on it... it's more durable and transparency than softpad.. and lower cost too (a US guys send me 4 pack for 15USD /w shipping, dirty cheap!!)

DCP_0023.jpg

Dec 23, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #194 of 212
well, it was very nice.. not very organised (was spreaded on 2 days), but nice gear to listen to, and was fun meeting other head-fiers for the first time!
thanks gino for hosting the meet!

interesting, i didn't like the R10 or the HP1000 too much. i guess i just need some more excitment in my sound.. israel is a rough place.. i think that expresses itself in my taste.
i also listen to some intense music.. for me, psychedelic trance must be reproduced at its max on my system.

the RS-1+RA-1 combo i heard tocuhed me much more then gino's modded 963SA+twinhead+R10/HP1000.

i've tried both HP1000 and R10 also on my un-broken-in Mensa DI/O (with 2 transports, one of them was a computer through the Xitel pro Hi-Fi Link), PPA and Cosmic, but they are just not my cup of tea (relatively to the RS-1). i've noticed that the guys here tends to like relatively relaxed sound, very natural.. i guess that this is what gives them the kicks. anyway.. i think it's RS-1 for me
smily_headphones1.gif

the HP-1000 are way too relaxed.. surely not a foot tapper. they also "relax" on your head.. damn heavy!
the R10 do have a very large soundstage, yet i just can't see how they would justify their price. but hey, it's gino, what a character! ("let's go to mong kok and buy a 2 thousand zillion source, guys!"
biggrin.gif
)

thanks gino, this is posted from the computer room next to your office, aren't you late to work ?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back