Hong Kong Meet next month
Sep 28, 2003 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 212

Joe Bloggs

Sponsor: HiBy
Member of the Trade: EFO Technologies Co, YanYin Technology
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Hi guys--

mcgino told me that he will host a head-fi meet in the Hong Kong Polytechnic University again next week. No date has been set yet.

I'll leave him to tell you what equipment he'll have when the time comes for the meet
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 28, 2003 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 212
I'll have all my phones there (HP-1, R10, F1, etc.). Depending upon when we hold the meet, I'll have the OTL32, Twinhead (with RCA Cunninghams), and possibly a NEW solid state prototype we've been working on for a while. I'll also bring my Philips 963. Am flexible on the time. Silver mentioned that he'd like to hold it after his mid-terms. I am flexible. Any suggestions for dates? Prefer Saturday morning/afternoons.

Oct 7, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 212
Can you suggest a few other dates? We are expecting our third child on Nov. 10th (will probably come early). The 8th is kinda close. I was thinking mid-Oct. But seeing as it is almost that time, perhaps mid to late Nov?

Either that or perhaps Joe can run the show on the 8th. I can have my stuff there.

Oct 7, 2003 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 212
Whoa, sounds like fun
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 7, 2003 at 8:01 AM Post #8 of 212
Quote:

Originally posted by mcgino
Can you suggest a few other dates? We are expecting our third child on Nov. 10th (will probably come early). The 8th is kinda close. I was thinking mid-Oct. But seeing as it is almost that time, perhaps mid to late Nov?

Either that or perhaps Joe can run the show on the 8th. I can have my stuff there.

Mid November if so.

Oct 8, 2003 at 10:16 AM Post #9 of 212
hey!
i'm going to NZ with my XP-7 (Ray Samuels), modded DI/O, DH Labs cables, CD3000, probably an iPod and the DT880 and all of my music.
i can make a less-then-a-week stop.. that would be in 10.29.
anyone interested in having a mini-meet in that week?
and i would love to meet other head-fiers, and listen to other gear! (even if it's 2 persons meet)

if someone cares to meet and host me and one friend for these few days, let me know, so i'll make that gap between the arrival and the flight to NZ. we both are quiet persons and don't make any mess
tongue.gif

Oct 8, 2003 at 11:43 AM Post #10 of 212
Quote:

Originally posted by AdamZuf
hey!
i'm going to NZ with my XP-7 (Ray Samuels), modded DI/O, DH Labs cables, CD3000, probably an iPod and the DT880 and all of my music.
i can make a less-then-a-week stop.. that would be in 10.29.
anyone interested in having a mini-meet in that week?
and i would love to meet other head-fiers, and listen to other gear! (even if it's 2 persons meet)

if someone cares to meet and host me and one friend for these few days, let me know, so i'll make that gap between the arrival and the flight to NZ. we both are quiet persons and don't make any mess
tongue.gif

Unfortunate, then I will have my mid-terms. Yet I may be available on the following Saturday or Sunday, 1 or 2 November. However, I just can't host you as I don't have enough room... I hope someone will be generous enough to host you.

Oct 8, 2003 at 12:13 PM Post #11 of 212
yeah, me too
tongue.gif

hooo...the lust for gear
redface.gif
3000smile.gif
:

Oct 8, 2003 at 12:54 PM Post #12 of 212
aww crap, I got a place in Hong Kong, we could have had a meet there and I wouldnt have minded having adam over for a couple of days.
frown.gif
Oh well, maybe next time.

Hope you guys have fun! (and post impressions!)
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2003 at 1:30 PM Post #13 of 212
I can't host you (2 kids, third on the way), but if you make it to HK, let me know and I'll bring some gear into work. I've got a Cosmic Reference with Base Station One that I'd love to compare to your XP-7! Should have my Twinhead set up by then too!

Oct 8, 2003 at 1:39 PM Post #14 of 212
he he.. i'll stay in a cheapest motel and we'll have a mini-meet there
tongue.gif

CDP's going up the stairs, passing their way right next to the whores
biggrin.gif
LOL

Oct 8, 2003 at 2:17 PM Post #15 of 212
Quote:

Originally posted by AdamZuf
he he.. i'll stay in a cheapest motel and we'll have a mini-meet there
tongue.gif

CDP's going up the stairs, passing their way right next to the whores