Home-Made IEMs
Jun 6, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #15,316 of 16,072
Move yellow damper closer to BA spout and move white damper further from BA spout. You can try that.
Thanx I’ll try that one. Btw I am a huge fan of your work here, your finishing and final look of your iems are outstanding! Btw do you have any hint to put a finish lac on the plate using a brush to get the super flat/smooth surface? I am using Dreve Lac 3 for finish.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #15,317 of 16,072
Hi there, I did my CIEMs with Sonion BA and regarding to your suggestions it sound really good. I wanted to ask you to take a look with your experienced eye and if there is anything to improve to push it a little bit further to get the best results? Is there anything I can do to add a little 1K and lose the 6k peak? That’s my setup and the graph:
Move yellow damper closer to BA spout and move white damper further from BA spout. You can try that.
6kHz peak is inherent to 33AJ007i/9, you won't get rid of it unless you go for different HF driver that would help offset this with thanks to slightly different phase (TWFK-30017 is recommended) or find such a clever crossover to cancel it out. Overall moving dampers won't do much here. If you need more 1kHz change the damper to orange. If you want to get rid of 6kHz by acoustic means - 2xyellow damper and smaller diameter tubing would do it, or low Hz low pass filter

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #15,318 of 16,072
6kHz peak is inherent to 33AJ007i/9, you won't get rid of it unless you go for different HF driver that would help offset this with thanks to slightly different phase (TWFK-30017 is recommended) or find such a clever crossover to cancel it out. Overall moving dampers won't do much here. If you need more 1kHz change the damper to orange. If you want to get rid of 6kHz by acoustic means - 2xyellow damper and smaller diameter tubing would do it, or low Hz low pass filter
Good to know this! Thanks for correcting me! 😄 I think the LPF is a great idea. No idea why I did not think of that. Dumb dumb moments.

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #15,319 of 16,072
Thanx I’ll try that one. Btw I am a huge fan of your work here, your finishing and final look of your iems are outstanding! Btw do you have any hint to put a finish lac on the plate using a brush to get the super flat/smooth surface? I am using Dreve Lac 3 for finish.
Thank you, did not know that others notice some of my posts here. Glad they are noticed. :) hmmm, for me, be generous with your coat in your faceplate so it can flow easily. I also just stroke with just the tip perfectly perpendicular to the plate, I think that kinda helps and of course, let it settle on it's own by having a turning motor before curing it.

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #15,320 of 16,072
Hi there, I did my CIEMs with Sonion BA and regarding to your suggestions it sound really good. I wanted to ask you to take a look with your experienced eye and if there is anything to improve to push it a little bit further to get the best results? Is there anything I can do to add a little 1K and lose the 6k peak? That’s my setup and the graph:
12084249.jpeg

You can also remove both 10 ohm resistors as they really don't contribute to anything. The only thing you're doing is reducing the input signal, but since you are doing equal values on both drivers it's kind of pointless to have these there.

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #15,321 of 16,072
Ok thanks, that was because I had a resistor and capacitor connected as a Lopass on my woofer but recently I decided to get rid of the cap and that 2 resistors is a left over, good point Piotrus, thanks. I’ll do a better Lopass with the damper, I hope that’ll help:)

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #15,322 of 16,072
Thank you, did not know that others notice some of my posts here. Glad they are noticed. :) hmmm, for me, be generous with your coat in your faceplate so it can flow easily. I also just stroke with just the tip perfectly perpendicular to the plate, I think that kinda helps and of course, let it settle on it's own by having a turning motor before curing it.
Thanks! One more question. How is your approach in rounding the edges of the faceplate? Is there any tool that can help to do it even?

Jun 9, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #15,328 of 16,072
Thanks! One more question. How is your approach in rounding the edges of the faceplate? Is there any tool that can help to do it even?
I use the carbide rounded bit as it doesn't clog up with material...I then hit it with the sanding disks for use with the dremel...

Attachments

• blue edge 2.jpg
    blue edge 2.jpg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 0
  • blue wheels.jpg
    blue wheels.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back