Home-Made IEMs
May 12, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #15,293 of 16,068

Attachments

• D8F72B23-6C26-4624-AE98-D1263D3D8394.jpeg
    D8F72B23-6C26-4624-AE98-D1263D3D8394.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
May 25, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #15,295 of 16,068
My shells are haunted!🤔🤯
Did it happen to any of you guys that you do a good crossover, with a good set of drivers and it sounds good when you try it outside your shell and as soon as you put it in a shell, boom, the freq response changes shape even if you isolate complitely the tubes pouring some acrylic to fill the nozzle. It happens only in the higher frequencies(the tube is not kinking)
I'm desperate🥲

Last edited:
May 25, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #15,296 of 16,068
My shells are haunted!🤔🤯
Did it happen at any of you guys that you do a good crossover, with a good set of drivers and it sounds good when you try it outside your shell and as soon as you put it in a shell, boom, the freq response changes shape even if you isolate complitely the tubes pouring some acrylic to fill the nozzle. It happens only in the higher frequencies(the tube is not kinking)
I'm desperate🥲
Mind showing us your iems? We may help you better when we see your build.

May 25, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #15,297 of 16,068
My shells are haunted!🤔🤯
Did it happen at any of you guys that you do a good crossover, with a good set of drivers and it sounds good when you try it outside your shell and as soon as you put it in a shell, boom, the freq response changes shape even if you isolate complitely the tubes pouring some acrylic to fill the nozzle. It happens only in the higher frequencies(the tube is not kinking)
I'm desperate🥲
If soldered more than 2 to 3 times, could be overheating the drivers.

May 26, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #15,298 of 16,068
My shells are haunted!🤔🤯
I'm desperate🥲
Is it possible it is just the way you are measuring it? How are you measuring in and out of the shell? You might find that there is a significant difference in volume and insertion depth between the two measurements

May 28, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #15,299 of 16,068
I made a pair of IEMs using the GV-32830 and got great results using dampers, as the GV has an excellent amount of bass/sub-bass, a sweet, smooth and balanced sound. It doesn't sound flat at all, quite the opposite!

I have tried several proposed combinations of RAB, GQ, GK and in the end GV is the best and finest sounding to my ears, ready to go and easy to build driver, I only use one tube and one damper, and fit it into a 10mm shell, since I don't tolerate those large shells inside my ear, they feel uncomfortable, that's why I never use those shure Aonic 5, and the sound of the Shure drivers is bad imo, the sound of the Knowles drivers is superior!

IEMshells2.jpg

:)

Last edited:
May 28, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #15,300 of 16,068
Interesting post, I'm about to make a pair of IEMs using the GV-32830 and I expect to get good results using dampers and a tuning circuit.

I did not consider the GK-31732 since it is said in this thread that the GV driver is a much better choice with vastly better mids. And that the CI drivers do not produce a satisfactory bass.

I have made earphones using GQ + RAB or 2x RAB and I wonder how a GK driver compares against GQ-30783 + RAB-32257?

The GK-33211 you mention is not sold by any vendor that I know of and doesn't appear to exist on the Knowles page either.

:)
I can help you to the 33211.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back