Home-Made IEMs
Sep 17, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #13,354 of 15,974
Thank ohige :wink:

[

Great job!
congratulations!
I am looking forward to the completion.

Is using a Sonion 38DJ007Mi/9a for a woofer, Knowles ED-29689 for the mids, and a SWFK-31736 for the tweeter a good idea?
Any advice/feedback will be greatly appreciated.
I think it's a good choice.
If the phase characteristics can be controlled, it may be completed without using a resistor.

Sep 17, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #13,355 of 15,974
Since I received the message of the question, I will explain how to make a sunburst color face plate.

1) Create and print a face plate model with two steps in a staircase pattern.
s_iem_002_CAP7 v1.jpg
s_IMG_8635.jpg

2) Draw a shape that goes into a deep step inside with illustrator and print it on the label sheet.
tips: You can create accurate shape data by saving the drawing data created by FUSION 360 as PDF and importing it into illustrator. It is good to offset the shape inward by 0.2 to 0.3 mm to make it smaller.
s_IMG_8632.jpg

3) Attach the printed label sheet to a thin natural wood sheet and cut the natural wood sheet with a design knife. After cutting, remove the label sheet.
s_IMG_8633.jpg

4) Use Illustrator to create a shape that fits into a shallow step on the outside. Use Illustrator or Photoshop to create black, red, and yellow gradients and logos. Print it on a transparent film (eg OHP film).
tips: Invert the characters.
s_IMG_8631.jpg

5) Cut the printed transparent film according to the outer diameter shape.
tips: Paint the cut section black with a felt-tip pen to make it less noticeable.

6) Stick a natural wood sheet on the base of the face plate.

7) Apply a thin layer of UV resin and cure.

8) Apply a thin layer of UV resin, attach a gradation film, and then apply UV resin.

9) It cures by exposing it to UV light.
s_IMG_8263.jpg

10) Apply UV resin to the entire surface to flatten the surface.

11) It cures when exposed to UV light,
s_IMG_8634.jpg

12) Paint with clear lacquer using an airbrush.

13) Take a closer look and enjoy yourself, and you're done!
s_IMG_8279.jpg
I apologize for the continuous posting.

The new face plate is complete!
If I make an IEM for Vocaloid songs and anime songs, I would like to adopt it.

s_IMG_8624.jpg
Cartoon typeA

s_IMG_8628.jpg
Cartoon typeB
impresive! congrats

Sep 19, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #13,358 of 15,974
This batch of shells just taken out from my 3D printer this morning, it seems quite smooth and solves all my probelms facing in previous printing. In here I thank bro mattmatt for his big big helping. You're kind and generous indeed helping me a lot. thanks bro !

Snap1.png
Snap2.png
Snap3.png

Sep 19, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #13,360 of 15,974
what’s the hole on the shell?
I'm completely new on 3D printing. That hole is created by the 3D printing software. If I don't dig a hole inside the shell, after finish printing the shell inside would have a layer of extra coating of cured UV resin.

I have tried also inverted the shell for printing but the bore needs to put a support and the come out result is the bore not even or not round enough.

Any others recommendation ?

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #13,361 of 15,974
Do not create holes, if you use chitubox, this software may automatically create a hole for the removal of resin. In your slicer software you need to create support, you can put the shell to 45 degrees. Personally I use Lycheeslicer, it is a bit less simple than chitubox but it is very good. However you can stay on chitubox but prefer prints with support for the shells you will have less problem. You can even put a single large support on a slice for it to work , it must have a large enough base to support suction when lifting the tray, I will try to make you screenshots.

exemple:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #13,364 of 15,974
Do not create holes, if you use chitubox, this software may automatically create a hole for the removal of resin. In your slicer software you need to create support, you can put the shell to 45 degrees. Personally I use Lycheeslicer, it is a bit less simple than chitubox but it is very good. However you can stay on chitubox but prefer prints with support for the shells you will have less problem. You can even put a single large support on a slice for it to work , it must have a large enough base to support suction when lifting the tray, I will try to make you screenshots.

exemple:

thanks your advise. I will make change and print the shell again. Do I need to change the printer setup also. please take a look for me,

Layer Height = 0.03 mm
Exposure time = 8 seconds
bottom layer count = 5
bottom exposure time = 30 seconds
anti-aliasing = 5
Lift total height=4
Lift speed= 120
retract speed =120
stop time=3

thanks.

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #13,365 of 15,974
thanks your advise. I will make change and print the shell again. Do I need to change the printer setup also. please take a look for me,

Layer Height = 0.03 mm
Exposure time = 8 seconds
bottom layer count = 5
bottom exposure time = 30 seconds
anti-aliasing = 5
Lift total height=4
Lift speed= 120
retract speed =120
stop time=3

thanks.
This would depend on your printer, sadly. You have to know which works for you the best. Printing without failures + printing at the shortest time.

Sometimes, there are even batches of resin that you have to increase exposure time by a second or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back