Home-Made IEMs
Feb 25, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #11,102 of 16,107
Strange, they are available for me.....
Really maybe they are not available in germany. Will try it later on my laptop maybe its some device problems

Feb 25, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #11,107 of 16,107
They're not just out of stock. They have stopped carrying Bellsing drivers, due to the lawsuit filed by Knowles.

Did soundlink them self say that ?

Feb 26, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #11,108 of 16,107
Digikey CDM 12008 driver

I think I can't attach the PDF

Made by CUI

Dont go with datasheet frequency response..

Its done in open air

It say the frequency range is from 800-20000hz will it go lower when its closed in a shell ?

Is this a good dd at all for like 2 dollars ?

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #11,112 of 16,107
I talk to soundlink, they didn't say they stopped selling, they told me I could order, bellsing from them but I don't see it in there store, maybe they have stopped selling bellsing in the USA and some western countries but they said I can make an order and asked how many I would like when I asked about 10013

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #11,113 of 16,107
I have been building Ciem's for a while now. Mostly for my self, but some for my friends. The shell building, soldering and assembling goes like a breeze. But after reading through this thread and different papers a couple of times, I find the crossover part to be really hard. Maybe because I always struggled with math an physics in school. So my career took a completely different path. Any how. I'd really like to get a grip on this. And have been watching people working with crossover simulation software for speaker building. Suddenly It all became visual and I felt I could get a grip on it. I know about all the differences between speaker building and (C)IEM's.
But my questions are:
1) Is it's worth the effort getting in to those simulation softwares at all (like XSIM or VituixCAD), or is it too big of a difference?

If "Yes" then:
2) Could you use FRD/ZMA files from Knowles or Sonion and get a decent output? At least a "in the ballpark" result - before tubing and filtering?
3) Are the Fq/imp graphs from Knowles/Sonion reliable enough to be imported?
4) Could the Zobel filters these softwares calculate be correct for BA's?

Sorry for the noob questions.
I'll just get back to my shell building.... :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #11,114 of 16,107
I have been building Ciem's for a while now. Mostly for my self, but some for my friends. The shell building, soldering and assembling goes like a breeze. But after reading through this thread and different papers a couple of times, I find the crossover part to be really hard. Maybe because I always struggled with math an physics in school. So my career took a completely different path. Any how. I'd really like to get a grip on this. And have been watching people working with crossover simulation software for speaker building. Suddenly It all became visual and I felt I could get a grip on it. I know about all the differences between speaker building and (C)IEM's.
But my questions are:
1) Is it's worth the effort getting in to those simulation softwares at all (like XSIM or VituixCAD), or is it too big of a difference?

If "Yes" then:
2) Could you use FRD/ZMA files from Knowles or Sonion and get a decent output? At least a "in the ballpark" result - before tubing and filtering?
3) Are the Fq/imp graphs from Knowles/Sonion reliable enough to be imported?
4) Could the Zobel filters these softwares calculate be correct for BA's?

Sorry for the noob questions.
I'll just get back to my shell building.... :wink:

Im interestedt in this as well and i would like to know how some of you measure phase aligment? What software can you use to show live phase response?

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #11,115 of 16,107
Printed two new shells. With a two sound bores and a notch for cerumen. These are just prototypes they are not polished lacquered or anything else.

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_180236.jpg
    IMG_20200301_180236.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back