Home-Made IEMs
Mar 1, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #11,116 of 15,989
Printed two new shells. With a two sound bores and a notch for cerumen. These are just prototypes they are not polished lacquered or anything else.
Is this a sla print or fdm looks very nice. I was thinking my self to get a printer. How did you scan the impressions ?

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #11,117 of 15,989
Is this a sla print or fdm looks very nice. I was thinking my self to get a printer. How did you scan the impressions ?
I got lucky and bought a scanner for scanning impressions at eBay. This is an sla print.

Edit: Before i did that i scanned impressions using DAVID SLS with own hardware. Thats the only "cheap option" i can think of. But still sla printing the shells is quite an investment. You need a printer which is capable of printing biocompatable resin. These resins don´t have much photoinitiator in them so a LCD type printer won´t do. The resin itself is pretty expensive as well (350-40€/L).

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #11,118 of 15,989
I got lucky and bought a scanner for scanning impressions at eBay. This is an sla print.
You are really lucky the printers are no problem. but getting a good scanner. And another question from where did you get medical resin or is it non medical and you laquer it afterwards whit lack3 or somthing ?

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #11,119 of 15,989
You are really lucky the printers are no problem. but getting a good scanner. And another question from where did you get medical resin or is it non medical and you laquer it afterwards whit lack3 or somthing ?
Tbh i think the printers are a problem at least they are expensive as a 200€ LCD printer won´t cure the resin. I´m in contact with an audiogolist which orders this stuff for me. I will get Pro3dure resin in about a week. Someone wants a pair of monitors done and is paying for it. I´ll keep you posted if you are interestedt. I could also send you a small ammount of resin if you want to try it out.

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #11,120 of 15,989
Tbh i think the printers are a problem at least they are expensive as a 200€ LCD printer won´t cure the resin. I´m in contact with an audiogolist which orders this stuff for me. I will get Pro3dure resin in about a week. Someone wants a pair of monitors done and is paying for it. I´ll keep you posted if you are interestedt. I could also send you a small ammount of resin if you want to try it out.
Wich printer are you using ?

Mar 1, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #11,122 of 15,989
Mar 6, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #11,126 of 15,989
Can somone please explain me what the difference between.

Longer Tube vs shorter Tube

And

Bigger diameter vs bmaller diameter

Thanks

Mar 6, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #11,129 of 15,989
Longer tube, peaks shift left. Shorter, to the right.

Bigger ID makes peaks flatter, raises the rest of the output to be louder. Smaller ID is peakier. Typically.
Thank you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back