Home-Made IEMs
Feb 4, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #5,926 of 15,982
You placed the Flare driver inside the nozzle? does it have space around it so the sound from the 2ba and 2dd pass through?

Nice find, now how would you go to secure this nozzle to an acrylic? Use a universal acryilic shell, make the right adjustments so the nozzle fits and pour acrylic to cure it around?

ye that's why I put second gasket on filter, has two functions adds space for pm4 dd and ba and to avoid crushing flare microdriver.

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #5,927 of 15,982
Actually that same shop sells a universal shell with the nozzle attached :O

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #5,932 of 15,982
  For a first timer, what method should I use constructing my first CIEM/shell? I know it won't be easy but I'm willing to learn. 

If you have access to a good 3D scanner and printer that would probably be a good way to start out.

If not, the Fotoplast (or equivalent) and nail dryer/LED curing chamber route is a good bet. Most folks here have done well starting there.

Good luck.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #5,933 of 15,982
If you have access to a good 3D scanner and printer that would probably be a good way to start out.

If not, the Fotoplast (or equivalent) and nail dryer/LED curing chamber route is a good bet. Most folks here have done well starting there.

Good luck.

Scanner & printer are big investment 5-10k. Most people here use traditional UV curing method.

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #5,936 of 15,982
  Anyone thought of using photogrammetry to create a 3d model of the ear molds?

I looked into having a local company scan my impressions, but they wanted $125-150 to do it. I could not justify that amount.

I also looked into building my own scanner, but again, the cost was prohibitive given how much use I would get out of it.

If you know someone with a good scanner, or are able to find a company that will do it for a reasonable price, it could be a good way to go.

Feb 8, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #5,937 of 15,982

I looked into having a local company scan my impressions, but they wanted $125-150 to do it. I could not justify that amount.

I also looked into building my own scanner, but again, the cost was prohibitive given how much use I would get out of it.

If you know someone with a good scanner, or are able to find a company that will do it for a reasonable price, it could be a good way to go.

Lol I think Dreve charges like below €10 for scan (I think the price was €2), you can hit them or egger and ask if they are willing to scan them for you

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #5,939 of 15,982
Maybe I should start offering that service. I currently charge audiologists $5 usd per side.

For prices like that, it might be worth it for me to ship my impressions to you, if you were to start offering the service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back