Home-Made IEMs
Feb 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #5,959 of 16,031
That wood face plate looks amazing! It actually so well rounded that it looks one with the shell.

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #5,961 of 16,031
Hi guys!

For several months, I'm interested in the making of DIY CIEM. I have some experience, but even more - questions. I did pair of headphones with dynamic speakers and they sounds bad =). Maybe later i can show you some photos.

Now i work on the second project - single BA CIEM. I use EGGER LP/H for shells and i want to make the metal faceplates (only for this project). The problem is that i  can not attach faceplate to the shell (i use Loctite 420 glue), and LP/H covering the faceplate flake off. Here and on other web resources i see many beautiful CIEM with wood, metal, plastic etc faceplates. Can you, guys tell me more detailed how to put together all that parts. Even if i can glue the faceplate to the shell (change superglue or use epoxy), i don't know how to make a good looking cover using acrylic. Maybe special laquer hold that parts together? 

Sorry for my english, and excuse me if i did not notice the posts about this issue.

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #5,962 of 16,031
  Hi guys!

For several months, I'm interested in the making of DIY CIEM. I have some experience, but even more - questions. I did pair of headphones with dynamic speakers and they sounds bad =). Maybe later i can show you some photos.

Now i work on the second project - single BA CIEM. I use EGGER LP/H for shells and i want to make the metal faceplates (only for this project). The problem is that i  can not attach faceplate to the shell (i use Loctite 420 glue), and LP/H covering the faceplate flake off. Here and on other web resources i see many beautiful CIEM with wood, metal, plastic etc faceplates. Can you, guys tell me more detailed how to put together all that parts. Even if i can glue the faceplate to the shell (change superglue or use epoxy), i don't know how to make a good looking cover using acrylic. May be special laquer hold that parts together? 

Sorry for my english, and excuse me if i did not notice the posts about this issue.

I use the bi-component epoxy resin for the wood ones. For acryllic i think it's the lacquer instead of glue (i have the fotoplast lack 3)

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #5,963 of 16,031
Hi everyone! I read your posts from 3 months, now I work actively on the first prototypes. While waiting for a package of Soundlink, I have been working on the reshells. (first) Super Fi 3 and (second) TF10.

It's a UV nail gel (gelatinous sticky bad stuff ), but I'll start playing seriously with a Dreve (soon
cool.gif
).

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #5,965 of 16,031
Hello all! :) The duplicating material and my homemade curing chamber (a 100mm pvc tube, two round mirrors, 1m of uv led strip) working like intended finally. Still I need to practice so i will explode those i made yesterday and try to do it better this time.

Feb 12, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #5,966 of 16,031
Any of you guys ever scanned impressions with a non-dedicated ear impression scanner?If you did, how did they turned out? I scanned a couple of impressions with a 3d scanner from makerbot, called digitizer, and the resolution was quite good, never printed them out though, because they seemed a little bit larger than actual size.Any of you guys had this problem?I scanned them with the sanner's software, then edited them out in the earmould producer software from 3shape.
Did you tried any of the SLA printers from taobao or aliex?how dod they turned out?
Thanks!

Do all of my questions have secret answers?
Thanks!

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #5,967 of 16,031
Hello all!
smily_headphones1.gif
The duplicating material and my homemade curing chamber (a 100mm pvc tube, two round mirrors, 1m of uv led strip) working like intended finally. Still I need to practice so i will explode those i made yesterday and try to do it better this time.

Your LED are 365 or 395 nm? Or it doesn't matter? How many watts?
And the duplicating material, it remains wet after cooling? How it durable? Easy is it to mess it up, to split, pulling out the impression or shell?

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #5,969 of 16,031
Made a 4 driver hybrid myself and had an interesting thing. On my desktop system (where I tuned it) it sounds excellent. On my ZX1 player, it sounds horrible - bass is loose, no treble, veiled....Did I make the IEM with too much impedance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back