Home-Made IEMs
Jan 19, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #10,876 of 15,989
That looks awesome.
I'm really interested. How much $ do you think it will be ?
What exactly? Scanning your moulds or printing you a pair of shells? Printing the shells is not just scanning and hit the print button. I will post a video of the digital process of moddeling a shell in a not so distant future. As for the price of the printed shells, i don´t want to make a profit (my guess is, this would be against forum rules anyway). I am located in germany so take that into account for shipping. For a pair i would take 20€. Due to the nature of 3D printing the shells will be opaque and need to be lacquered to achieve true transparency.
If you just want your moulds as a 3D file i wont charge anything.

Jan 19, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #10,877 of 15,989
Guys, i've found this scheme of MASM7 is this a good one? I have a really tiny ears, will try to fit 2 3mm OD but seems difficult... Here are my actual GK set i want to replace (acoustic tube detached from ba after a fall)

Do you think it's doable to make place for 2 tubes here?

I listen to alot of metal, jazz, classical, how's everyone experience with it?

Sorry, totally forgot to update the diagram and post description. there was a small change in the RAB tube length after a design update.
Now fixed in original post. Hope it's still useful.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/home-made-iems.430688/page-701#post-15336246

Attachments

• MASM7 Equilibrium 2 bores updated - Diagram.png
    MASM7 Equilibrium 2 bores updated - Diagram.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #10,878 of 15,989
What exactly? Scanning your moulds or printing you a pair of shells? Printing the shells is not just scanning and hit the print button. I will post a video of the digital process of moddeling a shell in a not so distant future. As for the price of the printed shells, i don´t want to make a profit (my guess is, this would be against forum rules anyway). I am located in germany so take that into account for shipping. For a pair i would take 20€. Due to the nature of 3D printing the shells will be opaque and need to be lacquered to achieve true transparency.
If you just want your moulds as a 3D file i wont charge anything.

Thanks a lot, I will look for shipping prices on monday (UTC -6), to see if it's feasible.
Where I live I have not been able to find a place where I can scan the molds, the closest has been in a dental office and they could not give me a clear answer if they would or not. Have tried Meshroom for photogrammetry scans, it was fun to try but not useful.
Almost all 3D printer shops only do FDM, the ones that have SLA or DLP are focused on the manufacturing industry, and the prices they have are just too high.

I know there is a lot of work involved in moddeling, I started messing around on Meshmixer and blender without reasonable success yet.

Jan 20, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #10,881 of 15,989
This probably is a stupid question but I’m making my first ciem with the belsing 10013 and I’ve read that many of you guys use a zobel with 25 ohm resistor and 22uf cap. But I can’t find a suitable resistor or cap. Anyone that can point me in the right direction to where and which to buy.
Thanks!

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #10,885 of 15,989
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #10,887 of 15,989
Jan 20, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #10,888 of 15,989
Does it matter what volt cap I use?

The max output of a smartphone headphone jack is 3.5V peak to peak, since the BA are very sensitive that is more than enough to drive to most of the recipes in this thread to more than enough volume.

So using unpolarized caps that are 5V or up is good. If you want to read about how to use polarized caps, search for NASA in this thread.

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #10,889 of 15,989
Here is how i do it in Meshmixer:

Hi that's quiet impressive. I have few questions
1) What resin printer are you using
2) Do you have a link to the scanner you used
3) What biocompatible resin are you using and where did you source it
4) Do you directly print scanned model ? I guess that means the earmold have to be prepared before hand.

Suggestion
Have a look at Secretear software , if you want to take it futher. Its a software to model the ear pieces from scan model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back