Home-Made IEMs
Jan 22, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #10,892 of 15,972
Hi that's quiet impressive. I have few questions
1) What resin printer are you using
2) Do you have a link to the scanner you used
3) What biocompatible resin are you using and where did you source it
4) Do you directly print scanned model ? I guess that means the earmold have to be prepared before hand.

Suggestion
Have a look at Secretear software , if you want to take it futher. Its a software to model the ear pieces from scan model.
Hey,
1. I'm using a Flashforge Hunter, which is a 405nm led DLP printer.
2. I don't have a link but the scanner is called IScan by Siemens. I got it labeled as "broke" for 160€.
3.Im using Detax freeprint mould. I'm friends with someone who sells hearing aids I sourced it over him.
4. I don't print the scanned model directly. If you watch the video I posted you can see the direct scans at the start. I just trimm the moulds because it is easier than doing it digitally.
The Secret Ear software from cyfex definitely is very interesting but you can't buy a stand alone version. I'm looking into that atm because doing it with meshmixer is a pita.

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #10,893 of 15,972
Hi, I decided on building my first ciem with a 3d printed shell (FDM, usp VI biocompatible clear PETG) once I find somewhere to scan the moulds (that doesn't ask 160€ for scanning alone) and was looking for a build not too complex as a first one (single driver so that I don't have to deal with multiple tubes and connections yet) and came around the RAB-p with the RAB32257 however I don't completely understand the tubing of it, has anyone done it? Does it need 3 different diameters? 1/2 (ID/OD), 2/3 and 3/? (can't find any with ID 3.0). I'm referring to https://imgur.com/gallery/6KbsuyT and https://www.head-fi.org/threads/home-made-iems.430688/page-687#post-15279030, not sure if those have been updated since. Also is there a size of caps/resistors that would work best for this application? Is there some other build that is realatively easy to do? Thanks and sorry if I ask stupid questions I'm trying to understand this and I'm not really familiar with it

Jan 22, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #10,894 of 15,972
Hi, I decided on building my first ciem with a 3d printed shell (FDM, usp VI biocompatible clear PETG) once I find somewhere to scan the moulds (that doesn't ask 160€ for scanning alone) and was looking for a build not too complex as a first one (single driver so that I don't have to deal with multiple tubes and connections yet) and came around the RAB-p with the RAB32257 however I don't completely understand the tubing of it, has anyone done it? Does it need 3 different diameters? 1/2 (ID/OD), 2/3 and 3/? (can't find any with ID 3.0). I'm referring to https://imgur.com/gallery/6KbsuyT and https://www.head-fi.org/threads/home-made-iems.430688/page-687#post-15279030, not sure if those have been updated since. Also is there a size of caps/resistors that would work best for this application? Is there some other build that is realatively easy to do? Thanks and sorry if I ask stupid questions I'm trying to understand this and I'm not really familiar with it
See this

Just finished a set of universals using the RAB 32257 design by dhruvmeena and Choy Wei De. I wanted to build something inexpensive to use with a Bluetooth adapter while at the gym or climbing. This is only the second set of universals I've built. Previous builds include three iterations of customs with Knowles GV, one universal with GV for my girlfriend, and a B6 + zobel ciem that I'm currently working on.

I think these sound great for a sub-$100 build. Bass reproduction is lacking a bit and treble could use a bit more taming to prevent fatigue. Overall, the quality for price is amazing and the work put into the zobel and tubing (dhruvmeena & Choy Wei De) for this is very impressive.

Following Choy Wei De's post for the tubing didn't take much time at all and I was able to finish it within 20 minutes. The zobel took a bit longer just because I was working with 0805 & 1206 size parts. I used uv solder mask to protect the joints and prevent shorts when compressed into the very small shell. The shell I used was perfect for this build, which is nice because I couldn't fit anything larger into them.

I think they turned out pretty nice and I'll definitely feel more comfortable using them at the gym than my customs.

He used the nozzle of iem as 3mm ID
But
Also

3mm ID tube is available everywhere

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #10,895 of 15,972
See this

He used the nozzle of iem as 3mm ID
But
Also

3mm ID tube is available everywhere
Thanks, I can't seem to find it on ali, amazon, ebay, digikey or mouser, I can only find with a 3mm ID ptfe tube for 3d printing extruders or metal tubes, on Ali soundlink only has up to 2.5mm ID, what do you search for it? Would ptfe or the petg from the filament work too? Density is similiar with petg (1.38 g/cm3 vs 1.45 for pvc) and higher with ptfe (2.2g/cm3), is there a reason for using pvc?

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #10,898 of 15,972
Indeed pretty lucky. It came with the software and drivers and it is an open system. Just put in the impressions and hit scan. I managed to scan my impressions with a DIY version of David sls too. It is just so much more work.

Take a look and search for open dental scanners there are some good deals out there.

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #10,899 of 15,972
Has anyone here tried the swfk 32625?
it has heavy damping at the spout so supposedly no peak

But I wonder if crossed and with a ~9-10mm tubing it would exhibit a typical resonance where the usual swfk does although subdued a bit.

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #10,900 of 15,972
Hey everbody.....

I have been reading your threads for over a year.....and now its time to thank you ALL big time for sharing all your Knowledge......

here are some of my builds….mainly GK's and BS6's with zobel...….hope you like it......Nothing special though...

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0uFfhX2Ogtj0h-ZcTZOC2VqgA

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

KEEP UP BUILDIN':musical_score::musical_keyboard::headphones::guitar::violin::microphone::hammer::flashlight::gear::electric_plug::eight_pointed_black_star::musical_note::sound:

Jan 25, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #10,901 of 15,972
Hey everbody.....

I have been reading your threads for over a year.....and now its time to thank you ALL big time for sharing all your Knowledge......

here are some of my builds….mainly GK's and BS6's with zobel...….hope you like it......Nothing special though...

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0uFfhX2Ogtj0h-ZcTZOC2VqgA

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

KEEP UP BUILDIN':musical_score::musical_keyboard::headphones::guitar::violin::microphone::hammer::flashlight::gear::electric_plug::eight_pointed_black_star::musical_note::sound:
Its asking me for apple I'd
I dont have one

I dont use Apple products

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #10,902 of 15,972
Jan 26, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #10,903 of 15,972
After putting to much wax on my impression so that the shell dont fit me i take the same impressions. Remote the wax drill them a bit down and wax them again hope this time it work. i should get next week my drivers and the injector too take my own impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back