Home-Made IEMs
May 7, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #8,926 of 15,977
This the diagram ?

If you disregard any resistance/capacitance or inductivity of the wires (which I think we can do) then that is all 3 in parallel. Or isn’t it?
Parallel of course.
But it does not matter THAT much as zobel is quite forgiving as to the values and even if the resistor value is too high for 3 drivers in parallel (as opposed to 1 RAB) overshooting resistor value compared to the calculated one actually helps. Cap could be made x2 as the inductance decreases in parallel arrangement.

May 8, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #8,929 of 15,977
IMG_20190508_123325.jpg

GQ positive wire, zobel wire and RAB soldered on the Rs1= 10ohms resistor leg.
Other leg of resistor was on MMCX positive .

May 8, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #8,931 of 15,977
Do you really not understand this?

OK

I posted, how I soldered mine
Please read what I wrote below.

It is the same, how you put zobel in

Before that I was getting confused due to my lack of comprehending the post above by @eunice

Now, I was able to comprehend what you were trying to say...
I will upload even clearer diagram with soldering schematics
By today

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #8,934 of 15,977
And in this case zobel would be affecting both drivers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would place zobel in the middle of the wires going to RAB.
That's what I'm on about! It does not matter!
Zobel will affect both drivers even if you place it in the middle of the wires because both + and - are shared

May 8, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #8,935 of 15,977
And in this case zobel would be affecting both drivers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would place zobel in the middle of the wires going to RAB.
And this is how I would solder it for 2-pin
@Kulgrinda
Zobel will effect both the drivers...

Because its the overall impedance we are talking here rather than single driver impedance.

I soldered it to all of my mmcx less to make it look simpler and more convenient and easier to debug

May 8, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #8,936 of 15,977
May 8, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #8,939 of 15,977
Please, I think the point is made sufficiently clear, we are all not professionals and we are all trying to learn. Wires do have a resistance, signals do take time to travel through a wire, wire loops do create an inductance.

But we are among audiophiles here, we should trust our ears.

Does anyone remember how @Ivan TT would calculate the Zobel for a Knowles GV? He had a nice formula for starting values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back