Home-Made IEMs
Jun 20, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #6,602 of 16,024
xrpxb6E.png

I had a graph from a friend's iem recently. Have a look and some thoughts
Looks to me like an hybrid. knowing you have a thing against/with AAW I'd say they are AAW

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #6,603 of 16,024
^That actually reminds me of the SE5 graph I saw somewhere

Jun 21, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #6,604 of 16,024
FYI, I found a fantastic way to make white!! I mean it's perfect white.

I used white uv marking material I purchased from warner techcare. It mixes perfect and it is uv so it cures well. You do need a higher intensity uv for it to cure. It worked for me as I've done a few white Faceplates.

I have another insider for colorant. Alclair uses Multisolve IR2 LED UV ink for there shells. If you've ever noticed, a lot of there shells are colored from the inside, clear shells then color on inside. It is because they are using UV LED ink intended for direct UV printers. I actually seen a video where they were using this ink in a syringe and directly spot adding to inside of clear shell.

IMG_3063.PNG

Jun 22, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #6,606 of 16,024
Hello guys, it's been a while, i'm now trying to do 5 sets for my friends in a band weaksaw and I have some trouble, but I will show you when it's finished! My last try failed miserably because of those flimsy chinese MMCX connectors... So I ended by exploding them to save those GK drivers. Same with my pair of Iems, losing connection !

So my question is - if I buy for exemple Amphenol connections on mouser will it be better? Could anyone advice me on this?

Thank you in advance!

Jun 22, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #6,607 of 16,024
Hello guys, it's been a while, i'm now trying to do 5 sets for my friends in a band weaksaw and I have some trouble, but I will show you when it's finished! My last try failed miserably because of those flimsy chinese MMCX connectors... So I ended by exploding them to save those GK drivers. Same with my pair of Iems, losing connection !

So my question is - if I buy for exemple Amphenol connections on mouser will it be better? Could anyone advice me on this?

Thank you in advance!
The Shure style MMCX works perfectly for me. I have no complaints with it. The only thing is that you need to use better male plugs for mmcx. I would recommend Oyaide if you can source them. It's really an excellent mmcx plug.

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #6,609 of 16,024
Longtime reader, 1st time poster. Thanks to everyone who contributes here. It's been great help and there is a plethora of information, great questions and a great group of people willing to help. Just to confirm, I just wanted to make use of some older dynamic's I had and came across this site. Now, I'm addicted and my wife is tired of hearing about CIEMs. Lol

Correct me if I'm posting this in the wrong area..

My question is, does anyone know why mouser has the GV-32830 listed as "End-of-Life"? My understanding is that it's fairly new and is a great combination. Therefore, I am confused why it's going away.

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #6,611 of 16,024
Longtime reader, 1st time poster. Thanks to everyone who contributes here. It's been great help and there is a plethora of information, great questions and a great group of people willing to help. Just to confirm, I just wanted to make use of some older dynamic's I had and came across this site. Now, I'm addicted and my wife is tired of hearing about CIEMs. Lol

Correct me if I'm posting this in the wrong area..

My question is, does anyone know why mouser has the GV-32830 listed as "End-of-Life"? My understanding is that it's fairly new and is a great combination. Therefore, I am confused why it's going away.

That is weird how it's end of life already, I wonder if it infringed on someone's design and therefore they were forced to pull it. better order it while you can that's for sure. I wonder if anyone has been able to get the values of the cap and resistor yet. I've been making quads with the design I posted several pages back with great success. Everyone I've made them for are extremely pleased with them, on my last builds I've been using this setup and love it.

IMG_3077.JPG

Here is a pic of a 2-driver set I made for a friend. White faceplates with custom graphic.

IMG_3067.JPG

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #6,612 of 16,024
So I have no idea whether this is helpful or relevant, but here's a pic of the backside of the GV. It would be a bit different from Shilosjustice's schematic, (although I don't quite understand the wiring on the HODVTEC in your (Shiloh's) schematic). I can't get a capacitance measurement on the components on the TWFK, but I measure resistance of 60ohms across the left component and 47.6 across the right. (all looking from the back as in the picture). For the life of me I can't even determine which side has 3 terminals as I don't see a 3rd on either. I can't tell which way the TWFK is oriented but the number 31129 is on the right side and the resistance accross the left side of the TWFK is 25 ohms and the right 13.5. The spec sheet shows the bottom left on the HODVTEC as the + and the upper as the - which connects to both of the lower terminals on the TWFK.
view

Attachments

• 20170626_120900.jpg
    20170626_120900.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #6,613 of 16,024
So I have no idea whether this is helpful or relevant, but here's a pic of the backside of the GV. It would be a bit different from Shilosjustice's schematic, (although I don't quite understand the wiring on the HODVTEC in your (Shiloh's) schematic). I can't get a capacitance measurement on the components on the TWFK, but I measure resistance of 60ohms across the left component and 47.6 across the right. (all looking from the back as in the picture). For the life of me I can't even determine which side has 3 terminals as I don't see a 3rd on either. I can't tell which way the TWFK is oriented but the number 31129 is on the right side and the resistance accross the left side of the TWFK is 25 ohms and the right 13.5. The spec sheet shows the bottom left on the HODVTEC as the + and the upper as the - which connects to both of the lower terminals on the TWFK.
view

My schematic has nothing to do with the GV, it's just a usable quad for those wishing to have a working quad setup. As far as the readings above, the components would have to be removed to get an accurate reading on the resistance and capacitance, your readings are from a completed circuit factoring all the components which does not give the resistor or capacitor value.

Jun 26, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #6,614 of 16,024
That is weird how it's end of life already, I wonder if it infringed on someone's design and therefore they were forced to pull it. better order it while you can that's for sure. I wonder if anyone has been able to get the values of the cap and resistor yet. I've been making quads with the design I posted several pages back with great success. Everyone I've made them for are extremely pleased with them, on my last builds I've been using this setup and love it.

Here is a pic of a 2-driver set I made for a friend. White faceplates with custom graphic.

Terrific !!!! I wish i was your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back