Home-Made IEMs
May 8, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #6,481 of 15,996
It seems like Rin's and Piotrus' are more similar :p

So when I do take measurements, I'll have to keep in mind that the bass part will be between the blue plot and the red plot. LOL

May 9, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #6,484 of 15,996
It seems like Rin's and Piotrus' are more similar :p

So when I do take measurements, I'll have to keep in mind that the bass part will be between the blue plot and the red plot. LOL
I wouldn't say Rin's and Piotr's are more similar. Here's Rin (yellow) vs Piotr (green) and your blue vs red in one plot:
UERMs 4.jpg

As Piotr already stated he and Rin use certified gear, so the deviations between those measurements will most likely be caused by other reasons than in your measurements. Since the UERM is custom molded there might be huge differences in shape. Imagine Piotr measured a UERM from a person with big ear canals while Rin measured a small UERM that inserts very different into the coupler.

Do you have an amp with low output impedance you could use with your blue setup to drive the UERM?

That's very cool work bartz! Thank you.

non related, but I really miss the search feature and the picture gallery for each thread. It made browsing and searching so much more efficient and interesting.
You're welcome!
The picture gallery feature was great, I miss that too. Let's hope they'll restore it soon. Have you tried to use the google picture search in the meantime? Like this: Link

May 10, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #6,487 of 15,996
Hello,

I am Fabs from Stuttgart Germany and I am reading a long time here.
I like to build stuff by self and that's why I want to make some ciem`s :D

I was in a hearing aid store and make the impressions.
And now i wanna try to 3d scan them and send a friend with an sla printer to print the shells. I hope this will work.

Does anyone use cerumen filter to protect the iem from earwax?
Or have they some bad influence about the sound quality?
Audio_Service_HF4_black_Quelle_Audio_Service_GmbH_m.jpg

May 11, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #6,488 of 15,996
Welcome, when you print it use only bio-compatible resins. What scanner are you planning to use? After scanning you will need to model them a bit. Cerumen filter I have seen them only on InEar brand. I wont use it for first build as it will be hard to incorporate it in ciem specially if you plan 2-3 driver ciem.

May 15, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #6,491 of 15,996
I have tried two different translucent 2 part silicones. Moldstar 20T and Trollfactory TFC Silikon Kautschuk Typ 13.
The TrollFactory is less viscous, and softer when cured. Both have the same pot life, cure times are longer with Trollfactory, 60 minutes vs 30 for the Moldstar.
Does anyone know where I can buy a silicone in the USA that has the same properties as the Trollfactory silicone?

May 16, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #6,494 of 15,996

Users who are viewing this thread

Back