Home-Made IEMs
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #6,451 of 15,989
Hey guys, I am going to make solid color of shell,So i don't know how to make it.because the uv light can't go inside as transparent color right? Could anyone tell me about how to make it step by step.Thank you
Sorry for my eng skill.I from asian.

May 1, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #6,456 of 15,989
Hello, I personnally buy everything iem related (except fotoplast and glysol) on aliexpress, Soundlink. Those guys are golden, standard shipping is slow tho.

And thank you very much Shilohsjustice for your job and efforts to give us this very useful awesome information. Really appreciate this. Youre like a Jesus of iems here to gide us haha :D

Do you usually buy your drivers from them too?

May 1, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #6,458 of 15,989
What brand is the break bleeder kit, and how do you go about doing it? Im trying to find info on it.

Its a mityvac. I just plugged the tube and used the little container it came with to mix my impression material. You need to leave about 2/3 of the container free because it froths up when you create the vacuum. Or if you want a bigger container just drill a hole in any rigid container (clear nalgene or mason jar) and use the pump to create a vacuum.

https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MV8030-Selectline-Vacuum-Pressure/dp/B002Z34U10

May 2, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #6,459 of 15,989
Its a mityvac. I just plugged the tube and used the little container it came with to mix my impression material. You need to leave about 2/3 of the container free because it froths up when you create the vacuum. Or if you want a bigger container just drill a hole in any rigid container (clear nalgene or mason jar) and use the pump to create a vacuum.

https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MV8030-Selectline-Vacuum-Pressure/dp/B002Z34U10

I bought one from harbor freight today, not a Mityvac brand however. I mixed the material in the cylinder and it frothed like you said but the froth wouldn't go away still had bubbles . What kinda pressure do you pump it to ? Am I doing something wrong? Do i need to keep pumping it? Maybe its just a cheap pump Thanks for all the info BTW.

May 2, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #6,460 of 15,989
I bought one from harbor freight today, not a Mityvac brand however. I mixed the material in the cylinder and it frothed like you said but the froth wouldn't go away still had bubbles . What kinda pressure do you pump it to ? Am I doing something wrong? Do i need to keep pumping it? Maybe its just a cheap pump Thanks for all the info BTW.

I just pump until its all frothed up and then leave it for a few minutes rolling it around for a bit, then release the pressure and do that again a couple of times. There will still be a few smaller bubbles but once it cures they seem to disappear. I found that mixing smaller batches worked a lot better as well.

May 3, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #6,461 of 15,989
Hey guys, have any of you ever experimented with high gloss liquid acrylic for a final coat of shine instead of using a uv lacquer? I always seem to have issues with uv curing lacquers. So I tried some acrylic spray from a spray can on a pair of iems that I don't really care for and it worked great. If I was going to spray anything I would rather use a 2 part epoxy spray so it will actually be hard and less likely to come off after lots of use in the ears.

Also, I realize it's probably not "safe" for the ears to do this. I was just tired of using lack3 and it messing up on me all the time.

May 4, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #6,462 of 15,989
Also, I realize it's probably not "safe" for the ears to do this. I was just tired of using lack3 and it messing up on me all the time.
I think everyone on this thread had to take responsibility of safety not only of themself but of all readers. If you are posting recommendations or questions please understand that it can be risk for others too.
I recommend only using bio-compatible material which are certified to be in contact with ears.

May 4, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #6,463 of 15,989
Hey guys, I am going to make solid color of shell,So i don't know how to make it.because the uv light can't go inside as transparent color right? Could anyone tell me about how to make it step by step.Thank you
Sorry for my eng skill.I from asian.

I would like to know what material to use for non-transparent shell as well. If anyone could give me the aliexpress link, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #6,464 of 15,989
Hey guys, I have currently two sets of IEC711, and I have used it to measure my UERM left ear piece, results below:

Is anyone able to measure theirs and tell me which one is more accurate? Thanks!

UERM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back