Home-Made IEMs
Nov 18, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #5,536 of 16,090
This seller has a bit of history that he dont send the goods sometimes, and it could take some time for delivery. But this is the only resin i found that really works and price is quite nice. Good luck!

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #5,537 of 16,090
I contacted a few local IEM companies a while ago to see if they were hiring, Alien Ears, Inearz, CTM, but nobody was interested in hiring anyone at the time, lol.

You can start your own, be a entrepreneur.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #5,541 of 16,090
Subbed.

Three questions:

1) How do the better creations sound?
2) Has anyone had success with a dynamic driver?
3) Will Shilohjustice hire me if he bases his startup in Colorado?

Sorry Sir,your # is 6, so be patient,hes already assessing 5 noobs (sshh Im #2) to hire for his new venture "Shilso Ear Crafts".....and this is to your Q #3. :wink:

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #5,543 of 16,090
Sorry Sir,your # is 6, so be patient,hes already assessing 5 noobs (sshh Im #2) to hire for his new venture "Shilso Ear Crafts".....and this is to your Q #3. :wink:

This rabbit hole went deeper than I thought...

I think this is a great thread! I don't understand a damn thing being posted but that won't stop me from trying when funds permit.

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #5,544 of 16,090
Subbed.

Three questions:

1) How do the better creations sound?
2) Has anyone had success with a dynamic driver?
3) Will Shilohjustice hire me if he bases his startup in Colorado?

I have not tried a dynamic only setup, but had good results with taking the BA drivers out of my Westone W4R's and adding a dynamic tuned to add some nice low end.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #5,549 of 16,090
A few weeks ago I finished my first pair of CIEM's complete with an unsightly bubble, unwanted surface texture in a few spots, some inside cloudiness from cyanoacrylate gassing,... pretty much every classic error.  On this thread a few years ago they would have been great but nowadays they're a little embarassing.  Nevertheless, here they are:

Still need to polish the tops a bit more:

Bubble!  Luckily it doesn't affect anything:

Made the cable too:

My main goal for this first pair was to make something that fit well and had sound coming out of them.  Mission accomplished.  In fact, they sound pretty good too.

While I worked out the technique of it, I didn't want to waste sets of nice BA's.  I took a pair of 8mm dynamic drivers out of some awful iem's that came free with a bluetooth device.  Oddly, they sound pretty amazing now.  Beginners luck maybe.  

Big thanks to Shiloh, Pioutrus, etc, etc.  I'm psyched to keep going.

Cheers!
GEO

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #5,550 of 16,090
Nice first time work there! Yes there is plenty room for errors, especially when you cant get hold of the right stuff to work with. Myself run into error using a new kind of acrylics as i try to find something that works well. I startet to use silicon for the negatives and found out that some acrylics that have a higher viscosity is really hard to cure while others with less viscosity is really easy to work with. You can mix a thicker acryl with laquer to make it right. Another thing i noticed was the impression laquer i use (insread of wax) is reacting to the silicon making bubbles. So yes there is a mess to straight out using other things then Dreve's fotoplast and laquer :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back