Home-Made IEMs
Sep 6, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #5,236 of 16,074
  You can cut your tubes and glue it over the top and side of the drivers.

I think there was the tear down video of the savants and showed how Noble did it.

The original seems to have been made private by the poster... 

Is cutting the tubes and gluing it over the top and side of the drivers the way that Noble did it? Such a massive risk of sealing the outlet port...

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #5,237 of 16,074
I forgot the specifics, but Noble did something similar.

It's on their thread where Noble responded to the tear down and gave a reason why they used that driver.

I'm assuming the epoxy will seal it.

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #5,240 of 16,074
I'm wanting to upgrade my UV cure station.  Anyone out there made a good curing station or should I just stick with the nail dryer?  There are a zillion diff. UV bulbs on ebay and I know I need 365nm.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #5,241 of 16,074
Hey Guys.  I made some IEM's for a friend using Sonion's 1379 Accupass.  I did some measurements and I've got a weird dip around 1k.   
Both right and left have the same dip.  Using 2mm tubing at about 20mm.  No dampers.

What went wrong?  Any suggestions???

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #5,242 of 16,074
  Hey Guys.  I made some IEM's for a friend using Sonion's 1379 Accupass.  I did some measurements and I've got a weird dip around 1k.   
Both right and left have the same dip.  Using 2mm tubing at about 20mm.  No dampers.

What went wrong?  Any suggestions???

I just figured it out!  Rookie mistake.  I put a 1723 in my mic and tried wiring from the different tabs.  FYI - above is what happens when you connect 1723 Accupass by the two smaller tabs on top, not the two bigger ones in the middle!  Glad I could help :wink:

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #5,243 of 16,074
Glad you fixed it! What does the fixed measurements look like?

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #5,245 of 16,074
Wow that does look a lot better than before!

Sep 10, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #5,246 of 16,074
Hello all, quick question for everyone. I've been using Krystaloid for my duplicating material with great results, I've also used gelatin when I'm out of material with great results, however, I stumbled across information about agar powder which is a high strength gel similar to krystaloid and gelatin. Has anyone used agar for there colloid/duplicating material??

It appears to have the same prep as both hydrocolloid and gelatin and its readily available. I did order some just to see but thought I'd reach out to everyone on here as well.

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #5,247 of 16,074
I've done some more research and it appears that Agar (also known as Kanten) is used as "reversible hydrocolloid material" and is used as a duplicating material. Strangely enough it looks exactly like Krystaloid when cure, I'll keep everyone posted as I did order some. It is much stronger than gelatin according to what I've read. Here is a picture of it.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #5,248 of 16,074
I've done some more research and it appears that Agar (also known as Kanten) is used as "reversible hydrocolloid material" and is used as a duplicating material. Strangely enough it looks exactly like Krystaloid when cure, I'll keep everyone posted as I did order some. It is much stronger than gelatin according to what I've read. Here is a picture of it.

Looks interesting! The biggest concern is whether it's transparent to UV light but hopefully it'll work out. It'll be much cheaper too.

Keep us posted!

Sep 11, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #5,249 of 16,074
Hello all, quick question for everyone. I've been using Krystaloid for my duplicating material with great results, I've also used gelatin when I'm out of material with great results, however, I stumbled across information about agar powder which is a high strength gel similar to krystaloid and gelatin. Has anyone used agar for there colloid/duplicating material??

It appears to have the same prep as both hydrocolloid and gelatin and its readily available. I did order some just to see but thought I'd reach out to everyone on here as well.

Used agar-agar from Chinese store as duplicating material if thats same like what you mentioned above.  You will need to get consistency right. Its same like gelatin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back