HOME-Fi????
Dec 6, 2006 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

hummer26

New Head-Fier
So I came across head-fi by complete chance, and I completely fell in love with the site...... buuuuuut I'm looking for a good "home" ver. meaning a good forum for recivers/amp's/speakers/preamps/ect.
blink.gif
any one know of any??? Also any say in the best speakers out there brand/model wise (RBH, B&W, MartinLogan, Miller&Kreisel, McIntosh, B&O, nakamichi, klipsch, polk) or for Hardware (mark levinson, denon, harman kardon, Marantz, NAD, sony) does it really matter when your dealing with such high dollar stuff? I mean if your spending over $2,000 on a reciver you cant really hear the diff can you, same as the speakers???? any [size=large]IN DEPTH INFO[/size]!!! would help a lot.

-Steve

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 64
What do you mean by HI-END, same price range? Than yes they are, they are THE BEST IN THE WORLD, suckers I mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummer26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]BTW[/size] [size=small]do Bose suck as bad as every one say they do, compared to the other hi-end stuff out there?? [/size]

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 64
its not that bose is horrible, its just that for half the price you can get far better gear

and yes, you can hear the difference between different recievers in that high of a price range, every manufacturer has a bit different sound, as does each speaker manufacturer, so its all about finding a combination of gear that sounds good to you

as for your list of hardware, i'd pull sony off the list, and replace it with yamaha, and give outlaw a look at, i haven't heard their gear, but everyone that gets it raves about it

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #8 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by hummer26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]BTW[/size] [size=small]do Bose suck as bad as every one say they do, compared to the other hi-end stuff out there?? [/size]

In a word--yes.

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #9 of 64
Any Harbeth/Spendor fans onboard?

I haven't owned either, yet ... but they're on my to-do list:wink:

Andy

Dec 6, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #13 of 64
Nobody a Paradigm fan here? I have their monitor-minis and I am extremely impressed for the price - $400CDN for the pair and they are exceptionally revealing yet smooth and musical.

Dec 6, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #14 of 64
I built my own speakers which are way better than most stuff you buy.

But I used to use speakers by Snell. They are excellent and compliment tube many tube amps perfectly which I generally prefer. You need to get some that go well with your or amp in terms of sound. The Snells I have are best for tube based systems I think.

Speakers
http://www.snellacoustics.com/ (seems to be under construction or something)

My amps and PSU's:
http://www.borderpatrol.net (tube amps but without the characteristic flat tube sound, as they have OTT PSU's delivering thumping bass, they won Hi-Fi + product of the year award)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back