Home Entertanment (Stereophile) Show 2005
Apr 29, 2005 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
Hi.

A m I the only one here?
Is his the right place for this thread?

I'm rebelling. I didn' bing my laptop to the show. I'm typing hi on a f#c&ing piece of crap eb tv keyoad i the room. No kidding, It has taken me fifteen minutes to get to here> Any body want to et together for breakast tomorrow/

The show is fine. Shur has a big both and is doing bang up business.The e4s ound good. A LITTLE LACKING IN QUICKNSS AND REFINEMENT oH MY gOD This thing just went t cap locks by itself. Every fifth ketystoke is mssing or glitching to another letter.

Oh . My beer can was in te way of he ir rom the keyboard.

Back to the e4, punchy sund, good mids and bass, not very refined up top, seems like te higsare ju not there.

errrrgghh! This keyboards crap. You ave o tye slow, too, or you overun its speed/buffer.

Any way,it would be funtoet toethr if possible,. Lobby at 8am?

Apr 30, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 31
Tyll...are you just attending, or did you guys get a room? (no pun intended). If so, I'm coming on Sunday, and I would like to say hi! Let me know.

Apr 30, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 31
No booth. Just running intowriters in the hallwys and blowingthier minds Leavin Sunday about 9 am
But I'll do breakfast Sunday.

Apr 30, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #5 of 31
Tyll, lay off the sauce.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #6 of 31
Wow.

Drunken posting, courtesy of the guy that started it all... and someone who keeps a largely "business" face on the boards, no less!

I think this is a new milestone. Move over PinkFloyd!

Apr 30, 2005 at 5:52 AM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
best post ever. Is it the keyboard or the beer (or a combo?)

He posted at 4:20pm (eastern time). And then there is this line "I'm typing hi on a f#c&ing piece of crap eb tv keyoad i the room."

I think we know what Tyll has been up to
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 31
that's hilarious Tyll.
biggrin.gif

looking very forward to even more impressions from the show from you.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
I'm rebelling. I didn' bing my laptop to the show. I'm typing hi on a f#c&ing piece of crap eb tv keyoad i the room.

Yeah, it's the keyboard. We buy that. Did you at least bring a digital camera?

Apr 30, 2005 at 11:32 AM Post #11 of 31
I WISH I did have the excuse of being a bit hammered athe time. And I do have a digitalcamera, but there s no friggn way I'm going to try to upload images on this damn thing. i'll post sme px hen i GET BACK. Man what a piece o dung tis thing s.

So no answers for brekky today so I'll just rea my book with eggs. Too bad, i'm walking around with some f the new product in a bag. Nobody s going t see it. Wel Yikes saw it yesterday, that as fun. I ran into him at the Acoustic Sounds bootgh. And running nto the big man in audio can be serious thing.

Anyway, I did see JUDES post abou hs impresions of the sHURE e IN THE DETROIT MINI MEET THREAD AND THINK H SUMMED IT UP VERY NIELY.So I'll not repeate what he sai. And rather mention that I thought they also did a good job on the look ad ergomics of it.

Had a nice long cat with Gratand Susan of Shure and it sounds like the BI WIGS AT Shure are getting behing he IEM concept as a wholeand really throwing their weight at it. Sheesh! I thought they allready were. anyway we can expet lots of god thgs from them. Eymotic is going to have to wok prtty hard in the cmig ears.

I met Mik and got some ar impressions for som Sensaphonic cans. I'm ery mouch looking forward to doing some testing of Sensa vs UE10s here shortly. The whole timehe did my ear impressions he wa jamming onour new stuff. We woked out a nice trade.
I"LL PoPOpost some impressions of Sennheisers st up later maybe. Butfirst I have t thrw this keyboard out the window. Then when I come back in thi afternoon i'll bitch about it gone missing and gt a new one
Cheers,

Tyll

Apr 30, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #12 of 31
Going to hit the show on Sunday,Drew from Moon audio should be at the show I know he mentioned he was leaving early sunday as well.

Apr 30, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #13 of 31
Planning to go down tomorrow (Sun.) as well. Not sure what time.

Hopefully I'll run into a few Head-Fiers (you will know us by our headphones
wink.gif
)!

May 1, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #15 of 31
Regarding Stereophile and Tyll's comments: It's great to know that Head-Fi has a positive influence in having micro-companies make better products to meet our needs and pricepoints.
We have made the world a better place. Who woulda thought?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back