Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Nov 15, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #331 of 4,063
I have purchased few items from them before and all have worked out right. No problemo.

@despinos

I would expect some delays for the shipment due to the fact that couriers will be so busy with many items shipped due to Singles Day 11.11. and sometimes DHL shipments are inspected for few days which is one of the hands of the Shippers. Just giving you a heads up so you won't be impatient in waiting.

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #332 of 4,063
I have purchased few items from them before and all have worked out right. No problemo.

@despinos

I would expect some delays for the shipment due to the fact that couriers will be so busy with many items shipped due to Singles Day 11.11. and sometimes DHL shipments are inspected for few days which is one of the hands of the Shippers. Just giving you a heads up so you won't be impatient in waiting.

Thanks Arnold, anyway I expect a faster shipping compared to Christmas or black Friday shopping.

With everybody ordering level 3s, I guess my humble luv. 1 will eventually become a sought after rarity of even greater value. :cool:

I wonder if we will see any mods (tubed output replacing opamp? in a year or so...

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #334 of 4,063
Holo Spring DAC is indeed very impressive! 

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #335 of 4,063
A 5% off on Aliexpress, it is a 220V :
Holo Audio Spring L1 at $1,377.48 and L2 at $1,570.33

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #336 of 4,063
  A 5% off on Aliexpress, it is a 220V :
Holo Audio Spring L1 at $1,377.48 and L2 at $1,570.33

They're also having an additional store -$15.00 promotional coupon on there as well. I was lucky to come early for the -$50.00 promotional coupon. Not sure if that's still available, but wouldn't hurt to check for those who want one at a very good price.

Even though it's a 220V unit, I've chat with the seller and he/she says a 110V AC is possible but will have a week or two delay.

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #339 of 4,063
I've not checked out these particular suppliers from China, but I'd be rather concerned about warranty issues.  I'm assuming, if there is a warranty (meaning it's not just offered, but is actually honored) it is going to be different (shorter and/or less inclusive) than that from the official US distributor/dealer.

It's gotten to the point for me that I just won't order bigger-ticket stuff from resellers in China directly as the last time I had an issue with one the offered resolution wasn't "Return it for a Refund/Replacement", but instead was "Keep it and we'll give you a discount!" - which was wholly useless as the item in question was dead-on-arrival!  Wasn't audio related, but still was a pain to resolve.

Also, bear in mind that if the vendor doesn't cover the customs duties you may well get stuck with that - depending on how the particular customs agent is feeling that day.  Typically that'll show up as a bill from the shipper, though I don't know what the charge would be.  

I've also had a couple of people ping me both here, and in the real world, about their supposed "Level 3" units.  I say "supposed" as they didn't come from "Kitsune HiFi" (which is also "Holo Audio USA").  As far as I know the only way to get the "Level 3" unit is via Kitsune HiFi, so I'm not sure what these other people have actually received.  That could be anything from being sold one thing and sent another down to them just saying they have a "Level 3" without really knowing what that is.

Anyway, despite my personal impatience for getting my hands on the thing, I stopped short of risking an order outside official channels.

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #340 of 4,063
  I've not checked out these particular suppliers from China, but I'd be rather concerned about warranty issues.  I'm assuming, if there is a warranty (meaning it's not just offered, but is actually honored) it is going to be different (shorter and/or less inclusive) than that from the official US distributor/dealer.

It's gotten to the point for me that I just won't order bigger-ticket stuff from resellers in China directly as the last time I had an issue with one the offered resolution wasn't "Return it for a Refund/Replacement", but instead was "Keep it and we'll give you a discount!" - which was wholly useless as the item in question was dead-on-arrival!  Wasn't audio related, but still was a pain to resolve.

Also, bear in mind that if the vendor doesn't cover the customs duties you may well get stuck with that - depending on how the particular customs agent is feeling that day.  Typically that'll show up as a bill from the shipper, though I don't know what the charge would be.  

I've also had a couple of people ping me both here, and in the real world, about their supposed "Level 3" units.  I say "supposed" as they didn't come from "Kitsune HiFi" (which is also "Holo Audio USA").  As far as I know the only way to get the "Level 3" unit is via Kitsune HiFi, so I'm not sure what these other people have actually received.  That could be anything from being sold one thing and sent another down to them just saying they have a "Level 3" without really knowing what that is.

Anyway, despite my personal impatience for getting my hands on the thing, I stopped short of risking an order outside official channels.

Torq is right. I certainly wouldn't trust buying from anyone other than kitsune. They are very transparent and I'd rather pay the retail to get it from them and have the peace of mind -- which is what I ended up doing. 

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #341 of 4,063
There is always risk when ordering abroad and in my case both my issues have been from units ordered from the US and all my units ordered from China/HK have all been great (Audio-gd, Shenzenaudio, Wildism, etc.) So far, they have been all reliable. although I haven't really run into any major issues. If you are in the US, it may be better to order from Kitsune though.

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #342 of 4,063
I ordered mine from Kitsune, I think it will ship later this month (November)

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #343 of 4,063
I ordered my Level 3 with Tim @ Kitsune.  Hoping to get it before the end-of-year holidays.  I'm quite excited about it. 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 20, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #345 of 4,063
  Apologies in advance if I'm not the first one to post this Holo Spring review link here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/holo-audio-spring-dac-level-3-kitsune-tuned-edition/reviews/17337

Have you ever chance to hear Gustard DAC X20/A20H and compare to Holo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back