Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Nov 30, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #453 of 4,063
  Did order from Kitsune or Shenzhen? Waiting for this DAC to ship is torture. I hope that there aren't any bottlenecks that will cause delays.

I ordered from Tim (Holo U.S.A.) who provedes excellent communication to his customers.
I was told between January/February (because I lost my place in the queue due to a cancellation) which isn't too long. Otherwise I was told January prior to canceling.

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #454 of 4,063
  I ordered from Tim (Holo U.S.A.) who provedes excellent communication to his customers.
I was told between January/February (because I lost my place in the queue due to a cancellation) which isn't too long. Otherwise I was told January prior to canceling.

I went for the L2 and ordered from Shenzhen. I noticed that the L1 is back in stock at Kitsune. Shenzhen is out of stock of all models but will take orders. For the L2, the Jensen caps are the main cause of the delay.

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #458 of 4,063

I sold my r2r Gimby and upgraded to the x20. The improvement was awesome! I absolutely love this DAC. Ric's mod's made things significantly better( level one only).
It's sad to see the outright hostility Im reading here about this fabulous DAC. Everyone hears differently and has a different stack. What works for one, does not work for all.

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #459 of 4,063
  I sold my r2r Gimby and upgraded to the x20. The improvement was awesome! I absolutely love this DAC. Ric's mod's made things significantly better( level one only).
It's sad to see the outright hostility Im reading here about this fabulous DAC. Everyone hears differently and has a different stack. What works for one, does not work for all.

What makes it sad? I haven't heard the KTE (yet) but have you? Also, you obviously took chance with the R2R Gimby and didn't care for it. Then went for Ric's upgrades to the X20 to find out if it would work with your stack and found it did, no?
One needs to buy and try in their own stack to hear how it works just like you did and most all of us do who can't demo.
Enjoy!

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #460 of 4,063
Have modified loads of components in the past but often on resale the purchaser has had me remove them.

I'm over it now. Honestly buy the right product first even if it costs more. Most tweaks are icing on the cake. The cake is more important.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #461 of 4,063
@bimmer100 It's just a sad fact of reality that confusion sometimes ensues, and drama finds you. I will hopefully be able to listen to a level 3 Kitsune in the near future.

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #463 of 4,063
Ordered the Spring DAC Level 1 from kitsunehifi.com (the USA distributor for Holo Audio) during their Black Friday weekend sale. The customer service was excellent and even though it was a long holiday weekend my questions were answered quicky and thoughtfully.

Hopefully mine comes in time to put under the Christmas tree for myself. :wink:

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #464 of 4,063
I've been in contact with wildismaudio@yahoo.com.hk at https://wildism-audio-hk.myshopify.com
He answers quickly and offers three years warranty.

Yup, 3 years warranty from Wildism. Very quick to respond as well especially via Whatsapp. :)

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #465 of 4,063

Got my Kitsune Holo Spring DAC level 3 today and using my wife's favorite radio station to break-in the DAC. The Auralic Aries is feeding the DAC using Wireworld Starlight 7 AES. The passive preamp (Sonic Euphoria) and the class D amp (D-Sonic) are both fully balance designs, cables are Van Den Hul balance Second. All power cords are connected to a Hydra power conditioner.

The Holo Spring DAC is replacing my humble Resonessence Labs Herus DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back