Holo Audio Red Streamer
Dec 22, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #286 of 1,920
Not exactly plug and play, is it? :)

Dec 23, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #289 of 1,920
Did anyone compare the SQ between Red OS and other OS? Such as RoPieee XL, Picoreplayer, moode.
I did compare Red OS to RoPieee XL. Couldn't hear a difference. However, I chose to use the Red OS because it lets me DDC to I2S, which ATM seems better than plain USB although I have KTE Holo May.

Dec 23, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #290 of 1,920
The Red USB is only used as a virtual output in order to convert the signal to the other outputs (AES, I2s).
Still don't understand. OK, there is virtual usb output, but there is also actual “USB out” socket on the back panel of Red. It is not there just for decoration I guess. However, I have tried this usb output in streamer mode and it is not working (no sound when plugged this output to Spring 3 usb input). It is shame that there is still no online user manual. At least it would prevent confusion in understanding how basic functions work and how to set up Red properly.

Dec 23, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #291 of 1,920
Still don't understand. OK, there is virtual usb output, but there is also actual “USB out” socket on the back panel of Red. It is not there just for decoration I guess. However, I have tried this usb output in streamer mode and it is not working (no sound when plugged this output to Spring 3 usb input). It is shame that there is still no online user manual. At least it would prevent confusion in understanding how basic functions work and how to set up Red properly.
@GoldenOne can you chime in?
According to your reports NAA with 1,5Mhz sample rate is working but reading the forum feedback Noone can get the usb output functioning?

Dec 23, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #292 of 1,920
@GoldenOne can you chime in?
According to your reports NAA with 1,5Mhz sample rate is working but reading the forum feedback Noone can get the usb output functioning?
What are they using? NAA? Roon?

When using it as a streamer the other red outputs will show up as a different device to the USB connected device. They need to make sure to select the right one

Dec 23, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #293 of 1,920
65DD9933-EDE5-4619-AB41-8ACB6677069A.jpeg

Select the corresponding output device, save & reboot. It works.

Dec 23, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #294 of 1,920
Dec 30, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #295 of 1,920
Does the Red have galvanic isolation on all the outputs? Currently using the SU-6, but heard some strange thing a long time ago about its i2s output being the only output that doesn't have isolation from noise coming from a PCs USB output. It's a dumb question I suspect but still nice to know.

Jan 1, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #296 of 1,920
Any idea as to how this streamer. compares with the Singxer SU-6?

Jan 1, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #297 of 1,920
Any idea as to how this streamer. compares with the Singxer SU-6?
No clue about the details of the DDC implementation but Red is a Streamer on top whereas the Singxer is a DDC only

Jan 1, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #298 of 1,920
I’m so confused - lol

I had NAA working. Then I upgraded the OS and now NAA doesn’t work. Roon is still working, but its getting a bit frustrating.

I would love to know how to setup the RED (and potentially HQPlayer) so that I can get 1mhz+ PCM or 512DSD to the my Holo Spring 3

I have a Mac Mini running Linux as my HQPlayer and the Red is connected to the DAC via USB.

8E145FFD-04AF-4C88-A76B-0A627ED82B81.jpeg

Jan 3, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #299 of 1,920
I find it really concerning this red box is being shilled - covering the true issues here.

This is a 2 in 1 product but it does not work seemlessly, between the two.

…..

When you read a book you should be reading to understand the authors thought process, or else it wont give any sense to the story..

And the long story short is: Holo should have realeased 2 different products, with a thought process behind them.

(A streamer with USB AUDIO, maybe something like Auralic)

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #300 of 1,920
I find it really concerning this red box is being shilled - covering the true issues here.

This is a 2 in 1 product but it does not work seemlessly, between the two.

…..

When you read a book you should be reading to understand the authors thought process, or else it wont give any sense to the story..

And the long story short is: Holo should have realeased 2 different products, with a thought process behind them.

(A streamer with USB AUDIO, maybe something like Auralic)
What do you mean it doesn't work seamlessly between the two? It does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back