Holo Audio Cyan 2 DAC
Mar 31, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #546 of 843
Well you're in luck!

They also make the HS400, which is 40cm x 30cm!

It is $129.99 per part, however.

Yeah, I just looked at the HS550 which is more to my needs, but that's 185 per shelf, so needing 3, that's $555 + whatever other charges. Still a heck of a lot cheaper than the Quadraspire SVT Rack I looked at, but still far more than what I was looking to spend.

Anyway, I got this Monolith modular shelf system for $180 from Amazon....

Artemis.jpg

But both those Quadraspire and DDHifi racks are so cool, and why I wouldn't mind having one. The cost, though....

Apr 3, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #548 of 843
I still haven't seen a lot of impressions on the Cyan 2 and comparison to other units, so I could use your input.

I recently bought a Gustard R26, and have given it maybe 300 hours of burn in. However, I am still not convinced it is right for my tastes. It soundstages tremendously, with good separation and layering - which are all high on my list of priorities. But I find it a bit thin sounding, without a lot of texture. Images simply don't have the weight that I would normally associate with R2R.

For any of you who have heard both, how would the Cyan 2 compare? I am still within my returns period, so I am wondering if the Cyan 2 is more of what I am looking for.

Thank you!

Apr 3, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #549 of 843
I still haven't seen a lot of impressions on the Cyan 2 and comparison to other units, so I could use your input.

I recently bought a Gustard R26, and have given it maybe 300 hours of burn in. However, I am still not convinced it is right for my tastes. It soundstages tremendously, with good separation and layering - which are all high on my list of priorities. But I find it a bit thin sounding, without a lot of texture. Images simply don't have the weight that I would normally associate with R2R.

For any of you who have heard both, how would the Cyan 2 compare? I am still within my returns period, so I am wondering if the Cyan 2 is more of what I am looking for.

Thank you!
I’m curious, what DAC were you using before the R26? Did it have that body you were expecting?

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #550 of 843
I’m curious, what DAC were you using before the R26? Did it have that body you were expecting?
Musician Draco, and yes, it has starkly defined images and its notes have texture. But its soundstage is relatively small and it is missing some resolution.

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #551 of 843
Love me DDHifi! Just ordered this stand. Does the HA-3A fit on top with the Cyan 2 on the bottom? That's my goal haha
Fits perfect :)

IMG_2435.jpeg

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #553 of 843
You just got one shelf?
No, two. I had the U18 on the bottom and the Cyan2 on top.
The Cyan2 convinced me so much that I returned it and ordered the Spring3 - so I don't need the rack anymore, just put the Cayin on the base,because it looks good. :D

IMG_2340.jpeg

IMG_2353.jpeg

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #554 of 843
Yeah, those look really nice, but at near $200 ($185) bucks a shelf (for the bigger size)... I don't know.

Plus, for me, with hot amps, I worry about heat buildup. Another reason I was looking at the Quadraspire SVT Rack, with the slots in it, but that's even more expensive.

And the end of the day, I'll end of with one or the other somewhere down the road, but certainly not in the immediate future.

Peace :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back