Holo Audio Bliss
Oct 24, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #2,971 of 3,315
I have both and they are both very good. The Bliss is nudging its way in front because the high Z is giving my HD800 slightly more bass and punch. There is something about the 800 I can not shake, they are my favorites.
Niimbus is a more out in front of me presentation, the Bliss is out in front and rapping round me.
That is where the perception of depth comes from.
I feel blessed to own them, I couldn't sell either.

Oct 24, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #2,972 of 3,315
For me bliss was softer, more tube like for a solid state. Bliss has slightly longer decay, less texture, more blended sound stage. Niimbus is revealing micro detail within micro detail, and it is the most clear and revealing amp I've ever heard. It also does this while remaining neutral and not bright. Soundstage is wider, deeper and more precise off the Niimbus I was hearing sounds wrap around my head with delicate revealing textures or big dynamic punch. It's really down to preference if someone wants more of a blended experience or clear experience.
Tube like is Enleum, I think you take brighter Niimbus as more precise, more details, in my setup it was Bliss which presented more details and better soundstage.

Oct 24, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #2,973 of 3,315
Interesting take on it. If I really listened with the bliss I could hear everything but it sounded like the space between notes was shorter and things were less separated on soundstage depth. I felt I could hear the room better on Niimbus where with bliss the decay could cover part of the room texture. Bliss almost felt like it had a very slight tube flavor to the sound for me.
Yep Bliss definitly has slight tube flavour to it and the seperation might have been better on Niimbus, but as mentioned above the depth of the stage, the organic timbre and the microdetail is just something that Bliss did far better for me on my setup. In the end its always about personal preference, some people will prefer superior seperation and more airy brighter sound.

Oct 24, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #2,974 of 3,315
I have both and they are both very good. The Bliss is nudging its way in front because the high Z is giving my HD800 slightly more bass and punch. There is something about the 800 I can not shake, they are my favorites.
Niimbus is a more out in front of me presentation, the Bliss is out in front and rapping round me.
That is where the perception of depth comes from.
I feel blessed to own them, I couldn't sell either.
I agree on the HD800s. I really want to sell mine, and is probably my least useful and lowest quality flagship headphone, but something about it is impossible to give up.

Oct 29, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #2,975 of 3,315
Holo stack owners, what connecting wires do you use to connect the DAC and amplifier? Copper, copper with silver plated, silver, others? Maybe someone conducted an experiment with different wires? Which guide did you like the most?

p.s.
I have copper wires installed, but I suspect that the sound of the system could be improved.

Oct 29, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #2,976 of 3,315
Holo stack owners, what connecting wires do you use to connect the DAC and amplifier? Copper, copper with silver plated, silver, others? Maybe someone conducted an experiment with different wires? Which guide did you like the most?

p.s.
I have copper wires installed, but I suspect that the sound of the system could be improved.
Got thick silver liz connectors from a local artisan. Can’t advocate for „i hear a massive difference“ but the stage is deep the bass is powerful, the background is black, the detail is great. According to cablemakers the geometry is as important as the material of the cable though.

Oct 29, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #2,977 of 3,315

p.s.
I use Lavricables Grand Silver but last time I tried a blind test vs mogami starquad I failed. Lavri got excellent reviews here on Headfi though and it's one of the cheapest fully silver interconnects you can buy so if you want to experiment I would still recommend them

Oct 29, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #2,978 of 3,315
Holo stack owners, what connecting wires do you use to connect the DAC and amplifier?
Currently using copper (TWL Spirit II Balanced XLR).

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #2,979 of 3,315

p.s.

WBC Mogami 2549 XLR. Capacitance spec is so low that you don't need anything else really.

Oct 30, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #2,980 of 3,315

p.s.
Fwiw, maybe because of how it handles gain, i tried A/B RCA and XLR and despite the voltage differences from sources, there was no perceiveable volume difference. In short, i found no difference in sound quality nor volume in quick AB. Xlr is gold plated palladium i sourced locally and a copper rca.
I felt that maybe i could hear more differences that is power related, either cable or conditioner. YMMV.

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #2,981 of 3,315
What amps beat the holo bliss kte? I had the bliss kte and loved it. I tried the Niimbus and it beat holo bliss in clarity and resolution, with very powerful dynamic range. I am curious about other amps. It seems like it might not get better than the Niimbus if one seeks clarity. Mjolnir 3 is very good for the price relative to multi thousand dollars amps. I have yet to try wa33 or any high end tube amps outside of dna starlett and stratus with hd800s.
What about the T+A Ha 200? Anybody had a chance to compare a Holo Audio DAC plus Bliss with the T+A HA 200?
The reason why I ask is I have a chance to buy a very nice used HA 200 for around Euro 4500 but before I got the chance to buy the T&A, I was very much inclined to buy the the Holo Bliss plus a Holo Spring 3 which would be more expensive than the used HA 200 of course, but new out of the box.
I own the Final Audio D8000 PRO, BTW.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #2,982 of 3,315
What about the T+A Ha 200? Anybody had a chance to compare a Holo Audio DAC plus Bliss with the T+A HA 200?
I have the t+a dac 200 and it is amazing. Going from yggdrasil og to t+a dac200 is the biggest audio component upgrade I've heard. It is right on par with going from lcdx/hd800s to susvara. Bigger than amp upgrades I've had. I imagine the built in amp with t+a ha 200 is amazing.

I went with dac 200 because I might try estat headphones and 2ch speakers in the near future. I was very close to pulling the trigger on ha 200 and just being done with it. Bliss kte is a great amp it is very smooth, detailed, and not fatiguing. Mj3 is more neutral and less smooth than bliss kte. Niimbus is more clear than both amps. They're just different sounds. I imagine wa33ee is pretty good.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #2,983 of 3,315
I have the t+a dac 200 and it is amazing. Going from yggdrasil og to t+a dac200 is the biggest audio component upgrade I've heard. It is right on par with going from lcdx/hd800s to susvara. Bigger than amp upgrades I've had. I imagine the built in amp with t+a ha 200 is amazing.

I went with dac 200 because I might try estat headphones and 2ch speakers in the near future. I was very close to pulling the trigger on ha 200 and just being done with it. Bliss kte is a great amp it is very smooth, detailed, and not fatiguing. Mj3 is more neutral and less smooth than bliss kte. Niimbus is more clear than both amps. They're just different sounds. I imagine wa33ee is pretty good.
I too went from the Yggy to the DAC200. Zero regrets. I also have the Bliss connected to the DAC200 and it sounds great.

Nov 1, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #2,984 of 3,315
The reason why I ask is I have a chance to buy a very nice used HA 200 for around Euro 4500 but before I got the chance to buy the T&A, I was very much inclined to buy the the Holo Bliss plus a Holo Spring 3 which would be more expensive than the used HA 200 of course, but new out of the box.
I own the Final Audio D8000 PRO, BTW.
My only direct comparison was at CanJam. I preferred the Bliss, but different dacs were in place on each. However, while I felt the Holo stack competed with the best amps and setups I heard, I did not get the same feeling from the HA 200. For example, the Solitaire P sounded better out of the Bliss ( more impactful bass, more detail, better timbre on the mids ) to me than the HA200.

Nov 1, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #2,985 of 3,315
My only direct comparison was at CanJam. I preferred the Bliss, but different dacs were in place on each. However, while I felt the Holo stack competed with the best amps and setups I heard, I did not get the same feeling from the HA 200. For example, the Solitaire P sounded better out of the Bliss ( more impactful bass, more detail, better timbre on the mids ) to me than the HA200.
I don't have a holo may so I can't compare them but I do have dac 200 and had bliss kte. I've seen some reviewers saying dac 200 is beating holo may in being more resolving and natural. I was deciding between may kte, tambaqui, terminator plus, and dac 200 and ultimately chose dac 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back