Holo Audio Bliss
Jul 17, 2022 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3,230

Rayon

100+ Head-Fier
Jul 17, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 3,230
I talked to Tim at Kitsune HiFi last week about this. He was not forthcoming on details, but did state that they were expecting to announce details in August timeframe, with orders and availability shortly thereafter. Bliss is now mentioned explicitly on the Azure page on the Kitsune website.

Bliss is expected to be a big boy headphone amp, a halo product in line with Spring 3, May, and Serene, per unsubstantiated rumors.

I’d really like to see it include a preamp too, even if it’s just the Spring 3 preamp board, as it could then replace Phonitor X in my chain as the solid state device. Alternatively, an XLR pass through to connect to a Serene would do, but an all-in-one would be more to my liking.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 3,230
I’d really like to see it include a preamp too,
I spoke with Tim sometime last year asking about the Serene and he did mention that it will include a preamp.

I think it does well with the Susvara but again… not ideal. The bliss will do better. The bliss will also be a preamp bit not nearly as good as the serene is at being a preamp.
There are compromises either way. Bliss will be focused being a headphone amp. And serene is focused at being the best preamp, just happens it’s also a decent headamp but wont be at the level of the bliss.
I think the design will be very similar to the Serene, or at least it started out that way. Pricing is also likely around that similar to the Serene $2.7 - $3k.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 3,230
I've emailed back and froth with Tim a half dozen times on the bliss. Initially it was supposed to be announced in early 1Q then it slipped a few times and it was supposed to be end of 2Q. At this point I stopped emailed him over the 10 month period as it was always slipping so will just wait for them to announce.

Flux had this happen a few times with the volot as they had some issues around the initial design of pre-amp and then some PCB delays but eventually it all came through.

Jul 26, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 3,230
I'm really curious what the power output will be. The only thing holding me back from getting an Oor/Hypsos is knowing the Bliss is supposed to be around the corner.

Jul 27, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #8 of 3,230
I'm really curious what the power output will be. The only thing holding me back from getting an Oor/Hypsos is knowing the Bliss is supposed to be around the corner.
I can't imagine it being a low power device like Azure, since they intend for it to be a flagship product. Whether it is on par with the other big boys remains to be seen, but minimal expectations at this level should be the ability to optimally drive Susvara.

Jul 30, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #9 of 3,230
I’m not sure where I read this but I thought the Bliss was specifically designed with the Susvara in mind, similar to the OOR. I emailed Tim and he is expecting an official announcement and order page to be up at the end of August at this point. He said he’s mostly waiting on the chassis’s to arrive as the final delayed part of the amp before he can snap pictures and get everything ready for orders. He mentioned a regular Bliss and KTE bliss as the options.

Love my OOR + Hypsos and don’t see me switching it but still excited to see the full feature set/power of this new amp. Curious if it will be in the “big boy” chassis of the Spring/Serene/May type of deal or a similar OOR type form factor

Aug 4, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #11 of 3,230
About Holo Bliss,
as I confirmed with Jeff,
some information to share:

1. Probably in September.
2. The price will be a little more expensive than Serene.
3. The pre-amp module is included, but if you focus on the performance of the pre-amp, it is recommended to buy Serene separately.
4. Adjustable output impedance, can correspond to different headphones including Susvara.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #12 of 3,230
Heard from Tim 2 days ago they will start taking orders later this month.

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #13 of 3,230
Heard from Tim 2 days ago they will start taking orders later this month.

That’s what I heard too. I’m guessing taking orders and product pictures/info is happening this month but September is when the first units ship.

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #15 of 3,230
Any word on the topology? Fully balanced? Discrete? MOSFETs, opamps?
I would expect it to be topologically at least to the level of Azure, but "more so."

I'm interested to see how this would work with Serene, vs. using the on board (or extra, built-in) preamp. Complete details about the topology, power, inputs and outputs will hopefully be forthcoming with the announcement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back