Holo Audio Bliss
Jul 7, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #2,566 of 3,333
Elite scales very well. It lacks a bit of detail compared to D8kPLE and Susvara, but has very pleasant tuning, even without EQ, when paired with excellent amp/source/cables/power chain. It is underwhelming on lesser equipment, though it can be driven by almost anything.

Holo stack is more than adequate.

Jul 7, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #2,567 of 3,333
today was a very interesting day where I had the chance to meet up with a friend, and we had the following 2 amps to compare using susvara

1- the holo audio bliss ( my amp )
2- felix audio envy with upgraded tubes ( my freind's amp)

and we both liked the bliss with susvara way more than the envy

the bliss has bigger soundstage and better bass and better tonality with susvara, we were using the holo audio may kte and gustard r26 as dacs, one thing that I now need is the holo audio may as the gustard that i have is the weak link in my chain

We also had my caldera with us, and here we had a bit different opinion
he like the caldera more with envy and I liked them both so I was a bit indifferent

seriously the bliss is just an amp that is till now my fav amp period with all headphones I have

I wonder if the holo audio spring 3 is close to the may if I need it as a dac only as its cheaper than the may

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #2,568 of 3,333
today was a very interesting day where I had the chance to meet up with a friend, and we had the following 2 amps to compare using susvara

2- felix audio envy with upgraded tubes ( my freindls amp)

the bliss has bigger soundstage and better bass and better tonality with susvara, we were using the holo audio may kte and gustard r26 as dacs, one thing that I now need is the holo audio may as the gustard that i have is the weak link in my chain

he like the caldera more with envy and I liked them both so I was a bit in different

seriously the bliss is just an amp that is till now my fav amp period with all headphones I have

I wonder if the holo audio spring 3 is close to the may if I need it as a dac only as its cheaper than the may
BAMM.

Jul 7, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #2,569 of 3,333

he like the caldera more with envy and I liked them both so I was a bit indifferent

LOL, same question.

Jul 7, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #2,570 of 3,333
Goldensound said something along the lines of, yes the May is better but fractionally. If you have an EXTRA $2,000 burning in your pocket, then go with the May. But from what I'm reading online, the Spring 3 KTE is damn close to the May.

Jul 7, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #2,572 of 3,333

Awesome, that’s what im curious to know. So I don’t have to bring the envy to compare. Currently so happy to have the bliss with sus

Jul 7, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #2,573 of 3,333
ZMF Caldera is imho the biggest competitor. It’s still has a good stage and good (not as good) detail retrieval and layering, but is far more analogue sounding and has a very well defined mid bass and punch. But there are plenty other high end headphones, that offer very different (for some people more exciting) tuning and far more punch and bass than Susvara. Most of the flagship ZMF offering, Meze Elite, D8000/ pro and of course Abyss.
Bravura is supposed to be more energetic and heftier too, but couldn’t audition it yet.
Add lcd-4 to this list, which I vastly prefer to the susvara.

Jul 7, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #2,575 of 3,333
Add lcd-4 to this list, which I vastly prefer to the susvara.
always amazes me how subjective these things are...I own the lcd-4z and have had the 4 as well and I have the susvara and to me there is no comparison I like the 4z and 4 but susvara is in another league IMHO

Jul 8, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #2,576 of 3,333
one thing that I now need is the holo audio may as the gustard that i have is the weak link in my chain
As someone currently running Gustard R26 + Bliss like you, how much am I missing out on vs the May? I had always been of the understanding the R26 gets 90% there for 30% of the price.

Jul 8, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #2,577 of 3,333
I'm currently running yggdrasil og a2 dac. It's a great dac for me but I haven't tried many dacs. Ideally I would audition my next dac, I'm curious about the may kte, t+a ha200/dac200 and terminator plus as well as a few others that are of higher price range but out of my budget.

I will likely just keep the yggdrasil for now. I'm happy with it and it sounds excellent, but how much better do you think jumping to the next tier is?

Ideally looking for something that is actually more detailed than the yggy og a2, a direct upgrade not side grade.

Jul 8, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #2,578 of 3,333

I did think the Caldera sounded amazing with both Bliss and Envy but I'd give the Envy a small advantage...

Jul 8, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #2,579 of 3,333
I did think the Caldera sounded amazing with both Bliss and Envy but I'd give the Envy a small advantage...
Caldera seems great on anything not all the way otl. It scales incredibly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back