Holo Audio Bliss
Mar 20, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #1,681 of 3,255
I dont think I have that golden ears, but I certainly could tell the difference between between May KTE and Level 2 (KTE was not particullary better for me, it just had sligthly cleaner highs but slightly less body to the mid highs - maybe because of the excessive use of silver with KTE).
Still to me there was literally zero difference between KTE and Level 1 Bliss, they sounded just the same on my Verite Open and Meze Elite.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #1,682 of 3,255
I believe the level 2 has the better binned dac modules so that's what I went with. In NL its 1100 bucks extra for some silver wiring so I passed on that and got a level 2 :)

Jeff Zhu sounds like the ultimate perfectionist to me and level 2 is how he designed it and how it leaves his factory. If he believed there could have been improvements he would have made them, in my honest opinion.
Dac Modules? Thought its just a Amp

Mar 20, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #1,683 of 3,255
Bliss is just an headphone amp / pre amp, there are no dac modules. Holo May and Holo Spring are dacs. There is no level 2 of Bliss either its just Standard Bliss and KTE.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #1,684 of 3,255
I dont think I have that golden ears, but I certainly could tell the difference between between May KTE and Level 2 (KTE was not particullary better for me, it just had sligthly cleaner highs but slightly less body to the mid highs - maybe because of the excessive use of silver with KTE).
Still to me there was literally zero difference between KTE and Level 1 Bliss, they sounded just the same on my Verite Open and Meze Elite.
Magnahifi wrote me that the kte is more lifelike. And a fraction better in all regards. One month ago I asked the same and the answer then, was that there was not much different. So I don’t know.

Mar 20, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #1,685 of 3,255
Magnahifi wrote me that the kte is more lifelike. And a fraction better in all regards. One month ago I asked the same and the answer then, was that there was not much different. So I don’t know.
Well worth trying for yourself, if you are in EU, you have 2 weeks to return it. Just as it is the case with headphone cables silver isnt automatically "better" than copper, its preference and in the case of Bliss, as mentioned I am not sure it makes any difference at all. I am in my late thirties though, so my ears might not pick up everything.

Mar 20, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #1,686 of 3,255
I would think that the L1 is warmer than the KTE, but they wrote that they war equally warm. So I’m confused 🙈

Mar 20, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #1,687 of 3,255
Mar 20, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #1,688 of 3,255
That also seems very difficult to give a good answer to. It does depend on many factors. Not least your ears :) I know Magna Hifi well and they are honest and knowledgeable and excellent service. Some of the comments are a bit short-sighted in my opinion because besides the silver wiring, there is much more difference. Like the AudioNote Kasei capacitors and a remote control!

For al details: https://magnahifi.com/holoaudio-bliss-headphone-pre-amplifier-kte-kitsune-edition/
  • 100VA DUAL O-type(not Toroid) FLATWIRE (NOT roundwire) 6N Copper custom hand made audio transformers.
  • All copper wire is replaced with 1.5mm pure occ silver wire. Only KTE model
  • Replaced IEC inlet connectors with pure silver/rhodium plated faston connectors at the IEC inlet.
  • Fuse is upgraded with world class Red Nano fuse with gold/silver and graphene and quartz filtering materials.
  • Upgraded to AudioNote Kasei capacitors.
  • Custom made HoloAudio 1000V 1uF caps / Mundorf evo silver/gold caps (both are standard in the standard bliss
  • Remote Control (IR) inlcuded

Mar 20, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,690 of 3,255
That also seems very difficult to give a good answer to. It does depend on many factors. Not least your ears :) I know Magna Hifi well and they are honest and knowledgeable and excellent service. Some of the comments are a bit short-sighted in my opinion because besides the silver wiring, there is much more difference. Like the AudioNote Kasei capacitors and a remote control!

For al details: https://magnahifi.com/holoaudio-bliss-headphone-pre-amplifier-kte-kitsune-edition/
  • 100VA DUAL O-type(not Toroid) FLATWIRE (NOT roundwire) 6N Copper custom hand made audio transformers.
  • All copper wire is replaced with 1.5mm pure occ silver wire. Only KTE model
  • Replaced IEC inlet connectors with pure silver/rhodium plated faston connectors at the IEC inlet.
  • Fuse is upgraded with world class Red Nano fuse with gold/silver and graphene and quartz filtering materials.
  • Upgraded to AudioNote Kasei capacitors.
  • Custom made HoloAudio 1000V 1uF caps / Mundorf evo silver/gold caps (both are standard in the standard bliss
  • Remote Control (IR) inlcuded
Thats the marketing part. I can only report what I hear :)

Mar 20, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #1,691 of 3,255
FYI for people waiting, I just got a notification that my Bliss I ordered Feb 1st is shipping today. That brings it to a 42 day wait (plus shipping time).
Just got mine today. Been listening for ~30min. Started on my Lirics, figure I'll start low and work up as it breaks in. Using the R26 via USB just with Spotify. Not messing with Qobuz 24/192 masters upsampled to 768KHz via HQPlayer over LAN just yet.

Already having the cliché experience of hearing things I've never heard before in this short time on one of my less detailed headphones... For example I was listening to Bullet Proof by Radiohead and thought I heard some static, went back to listen again and it was in the same spot, turns out it's just some noise in the recording I've never heard in my many previous listens. I'm listening to Walkin by Denzel Curry as I type this and just now noticed there's birds singing very faintly in the background in the beginning. Again, a song I've heard many times on many headphones, many amps, many dacs and I'm just now hearing it.

Aside from hearing more detail, I noticed the bass hits a lot harder on the Lirics now, it has that slam where I can actually feel the air pressure on my ears and I haven't heard a single harsh sound come out of these yet, even electronic tracks with various high pitched beeps and buzzes.
Excited to try my other cans.

Mar 20, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #1,692 of 3,255
Bliss is just an headphone amp / pre amp, there are no dac modules. Holo May and Holo Spring are dacs. There is no level 2 of Bliss either its just Standard Bliss and KTE.
Not sure that applies everywhere - outside of the US/EU distributors the step above the standard Bliss is called the L2 at least by Wildism (exact same parts as the KTE edition)

Mar 20, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #1,693 of 3,255
Not sure that applies everywhere - outside of the US/EU distributors the step above the standard Bliss is called the L2 at least by Wildism (exact same parts as the KTE edition)
"
BLISS L2 (KTE version):

They even call L2 KTE. I wonder if that's not just a typo.

Mar 20, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #1,695 of 3,255
"
BLISS L2 (KTE version):

They even call L2 KTE. I wonder if that's not just a typo.
It’s not a typo, on the Holo Audio DAC’s there are 3 levels, level 1, level 2, and level 3 (KTE), on the Bliss you have Standard (Level 1) and KTE (Level 2).

The nomenclatures could be better for sure between the Spring 1, 2, 3 and then the different Levels of each for instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back