Holo Audio Bliss
Dec 13, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #723 of 3,247
To my ears, the volume ladder on Bliss is even better than the DACT on GSX Mk2 and Mini. I also love the fact that the clicks are audible in the room, but not at all through the phones. Sound signature changes not at all with volume changes.
Good to hear. The ladder is 128 steps? Any view on Bliss vs GSX?

Dec 13, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #724 of 3,247
wonder which would be a more impressive amp for susvara auris nirvana or bliss ?

also I hope to read a comparison between enleum vs bliss used with susvara

Dec 14, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #725 of 3,247
This further confirmed that Sony MDR-Z1R is very picky on an amp. While I feel that most headphones scale logarithmically or linearly at best, but MDR-Z1R to mee seems to scale exponentially. I had Singxer SA-1 for a while as a temporary amp and MDR-Z1R was quite meh experience (while Utopia was still quite good), but when plugged to Bliss, I'm not believing my ears that I'm listening to those cans. While for Utopia it was clear that Bliss was the best amp I had heard, for MDR-Z1R this is very obvious. It's strange how much more I enjoy MDR-Z1R through Bliss than SparkoS Aries. I've mainly used that for meetings (as those are the most comfortable headphones I've ever used) and situations when I want closed cans, but now I'm also actually enjoying them when listening to music, not just as a backup. The only amps I think those have paired nicely with are TA-ZH1ES, Feliks Euforia AE and now Bliss. I'd say that Bliss and Euforia share the first spot for MDR-Z1R, but they are very different (Euforia was very magical with MDR-Z1R, but Bliss is technically in another league, there is a touch of magic as well and the space is massive when the music calls for it).

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #726 of 3,247
wonder which would be a more impressive amp for susvara auris nirvana or bliss ?

also I hope to read a comparison between enleum vs bliss used with susvara

Apparently a local hifi store has both Susvara and ZMF Caldera and the Enleum AMP-23R. I will try to get an audition on both equipment if it will be possible :p

Dec 14, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #727 of 3,247
This further confirmed that Sony MDR-Z1R is very picky on an amp. While I feel that most headphones scale logarithmically or linearly at best, but MDR-Z1R to mee seems to scale exponentially. I had Singxer SA-1 for a while as a temporary amp and MDR-Z1R was quite meh experience (while Utopia was still quite good), but when plugged to Bliss, I'm not believing my ears that I'm listening to those cans. While for Utopia it was clear that Bliss was the best amp I had heard, for MDR-Z1R this is very obvious. It's strange how much more I enjoy MDR-Z1R through Bliss than SparkoS Aries. I've mainly used that for meetings (as those are the most comfortable headphones I've ever used) and situations when I want closed cans, but now I'm also actually enjoying them when listening to music, not just as a backup. The only amps I think those have paired nicely with are TA-ZH1ES, Feliks Euforia AE and now Bliss. I'd say that Bliss and Euforia share the first spot for MDR-Z1R, but they are very different (Euforia was very magical with MDR-Z1R, but Bliss is technically in another league, there is a touch of magic as well and the space is massive when the music calls for it).

Do you have any special settings for the Utopia?

Dec 14, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #728 of 3,247
Do you have any special settings for the Utopia?
If you are asking if I eq, the answer is no. I sometimes add +1.8db/50hz/0.7Q if I listen quietly and want to give lower end some precense, but 98% of the time I listen to it as is. If you mean some other settings, the question needs further clarification.

Dec 14, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #729 of 3,247
If you are asking if I eq, the answer is no. I sometimes add +1.8db/50hz/0.7Q if I listen quietly and want to give lower end some precense, but 98% of the time I listen to it as is. If you mean some other settings, the question needs further clarification.
I meant in general but yeah, EQ was one of them just wondering if I'm missing any other secret sauce for the Utopia :D

Dec 14, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #730 of 3,247
I meant in general but yeah, EQ was one of them just wondering if I'm missing any other secret sauce for the Utopia :D
Looking at your current setup, this at least looks like a potential bottleneck: "PC > Holo Audio May L3 KTE DAC"

Mine looks like: "Qobuz -> Roon -> HQPlayer -> Holo May KTE"

Lossless? Bit perfect / HQPlayer?

If by "PC -> May KTE" you actually mean "Spotify -> Windows sound processing -> May KTE", you will be amazed.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #731 of 3,247
I ordered a Bliss for my Susvara but ask myself what 12W @ 32ohms exactly means. Is it 12W per channel or 2 x 6 = 12?
The later would result in something like 3W per channel @60ohms / Susvara wich is not very impressive.
I know that many watts are not the only important factor and didn't necessarily guarantee good performance,
but it would be nice to know that it is potentially enough.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #732 of 3,247
Looking at your current setup, this at least looks like a potential bottleneck: "PC > Holo Audio May L3 KTE DAC"

Mine looks like: "Qobuz -> Roon -> HQPlayer -> Holo May KTE"

Lossless? Bit perfect / HQPlayer?

If by "PC -> May KTE" you actually mean "Spotify -> Windows sound processing -> May KTE", you will be amazed.

PC means from PC to stock USB to DAC to AMP, I'm currently using Roon if that matters, your chain should be PC as well if that is what you're running your Qobuz/Roon from.

And Yes, of course Lossless and BitPerfect, HQPlayer I'm using the trial version every now and then.

I don't mean that it sounds bad, I'm just looking to be optimized for the Utopia.

Dec 14, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #733 of 3,247
I ordered a Bliss for my Susvara but ask myself what 12W @ 32ohms exactly means. Is it 12W per channel or 2 x 6 = 12?
The later would result in something like 3W per channel @60ohms / Susvara wich is not very impressive.
I now that many watts are not the only important factor and didn't necessarily guarantee good performance,
but it would be nice to know that it is potentially enough.
Of course it's 12W per channel
And don't look just at the power, in reality Susvara doesn't need that much power even unless you want to be deaf.

Dec 14, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #734 of 3,247
Of course it's 12W per channel
And don't look just at the power, in reality Susvara doesn't need that much power even unless you want to be deaf.
I hope you're right. I've seen manufacturers wich add the per channel output to impress with max. output specs.

Dec 14, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #735 of 3,247

Users who are viewing this thread

Back