Holo Audio Bliss
Dec 5, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #556 of 3,297
Same here. I’ll have to stack them due to space constraints. Has anyone got official response from Holo regarding having the PSU unit between May and Bliss?
Tim at Kitsune recommended that or alternatively using minimum of two inch spacers between components.

Dec 5, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #557 of 3,297
Tim at Kitsune recommended that or alternatively using minimum of two inch spacers between components.
Just to make sure I understand: Bliss at the bottom, PSU in the middle and May on top is fine?

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #558 of 3,297
I placed a KTE preorder from wildism, which I guess is gonna be in the batch after the next...gonna have to listen vicariously through y'all for now.

Anyone used speaker amps + susvara before? Wonder whats the difference is like, now with the bliss

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #559 of 3,297
I placed a KTE preorder from wildism, which I guess is gonna be in the batch after the next...gonna have to listen vicariously through y'all for now.

Anyone used speaker amps + susvara before? Wonder whats the difference is like, now with the bliss

If at all it helps, our friend GoldenSound said that it's better than with AHB2 (Bliss+Susvara is better)

1670250127474.png

Dec 5, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #561 of 3,297
Dec 5, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #562 of 3,297
If at all it helps, our friend GoldenSound said that it's better than with AHB2 (Bliss+Susvara is better)

1670250127474.png
Interesting. Seems that Bliss + May is a definitive combo for Susvara.

Dec 5, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #563 of 3,297
Spent the entire weekend comparing and contrasting Ferrum OOR+Hypsos to Bliss. Here are my findings so far:

Ferrum OOR + Hypsos Pros:
-More convenient size for a desktop amp
-Wins in ease-of-use (just turn it on and get going. Barely need to play with any dials)
-Generates less heat if this is a concern for you

Holo Bliss Pros:
-Still very easy to use, but provides more options for a wider degree of flexibility across multiple headphones and setups (Switching on and off the preamp vs. always-on, Hi-Z and Low-Z modes, remote control)
-Volume control on both is great, but I prefer the Bliss volume control for sure. The knob is perfection. The volume control is very smooth, providing many steps and never being too quiet or too loud in my tests so far
-Overall better sound quality than the OOR+Hypsos:
-Even better bass impact, with more layering going on in the sub-bass​
-Soundstage is improved. OOR+Hypsos has more an immediacy of sound due to the more narrow soundstage vs. Bliss having more ethereal qualities here​
-Mids are brought forward slightly in comparison to OOR+Hypsos​
-Hi Z brings a little bit of that "tube flavoring" (elevated bass, increased mids, etc) to ZMF dynamic cans that you just can't get with the OOR+Hypsos​
-Micro details are more apparent with any headphone. Both my VC and Susvara feel like they're bringing little details to songs that I wasn't hearing through the OOR+Hypsos.​

I'm really, really pleased with the Bliss. The OOR + Hypsos is no slouch, either, but I'm having a tough time giving it any points in sound quality over the Bliss. The Bliss seems to take everything the OOR does and just adds it to in a very positive way.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #565 of 3,297
Holo Bliss Pros:
-Still very easy to use, but provides more options for a wider degree of flexibility across multiple headphones and setups (Switching on and off the preamp vs. always-on, Hi-Z and Low-Z modes, remote control)
-Volume control on both is great, but I prefer the Bliss volume control for sure. The knob is perfection. The volume control is very smooth, providing many steps and never being too quiet or too loud in my tests so far

-Soundstage is improved. OOR+Hypsos has more an immediacy of sound due to the more narrow soundstage vs. Bliss having more ethereal qualities here​
-Hi Z brings a little bit of that "tube flavoring" (elevated bass, increased mids, etc) to ZMF dynamic cans that you just can't get with the OOR+Hypsos​
-Micro details are more apparent with any headphone. Both my VO (edited to VO for my reference) and Susvara feel like they're bringing little details to songs that I wasn't hearing through the OOR+Hypsos.​

I'm really, really pleased with the Bliss. The OOR + Hypsos is no slouch, either, but I'm having a tough time giving it any points in sound quality over the Bliss. The Bliss seems to take everything the OOR does and just adds it to in a very positive way.
FWIW, my thoughts related to the Bliss are in alignment with post. Especially those I've bolded. Compared with CFA-3

Dec 5, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #567 of 3,297
Interesting comparison to the CFA3. Based on what you didn't highlight, how does the bass and soundstage performance of the Bliss compare to the CFA3?
Bliss is a bit more forward on the mids. I found bass and soundstage to be comparable.

Dec 5, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #569 of 3,297
Spent the entire weekend comparing and contrasting Ferrum OOR+Hypsos to Bliss. Here are my findings so far:

Ferrum OOR + Hypsos Pros:
-More convenient size for a desktop amp
-Wins in ease-of-use (just turn it on and get going. Barely need to play with any dials)
-Generates less heat if this is a concern for you

Holo Bliss Pros:
-Micro details are more apparent with any headphone. Both my VC and Susvara feel like they're bringing little details to songs that I wasn't hearing through the OOR+Hypsos.​

I concur with these comments as well.

One thing that stood out for me is the midrange and sub-bass texture. Ferrum sounded (only in relative comparison) a little softer and retracted in the treble, midrange, and soundstage, which probably makes it better for extended music listening sessions since it doesn't require critical listening.

With the Bliss, I find myself getting pulled into critical listening, but with none of the fatigue. Bliss isn't an amp producing music for the background (with all sources and headphones being equal, in my case Roon/Hqplayer/Spring3KTE/BlissKTE/Susvara); it pulls you into listen and catches the revealing notes.

Plus, it has a remote control! (a biggie for me)!

Power, tons of power folks, you can put away your speaker amps and use them for...speakers, yet again!

Not having to worry about tweaking the voltage levels in the Hypsos is both nice and potentially a "miss," if you can hear the differences (I have tried, but I can't for some reason). It is not a negative for me.

Being able to see the volume level is a plus esp if you are switching between a Utopia and Susvara often...you can miss it with the OOR if you forget to drop the gain switch from +db to -db.

Having a 4.4mm output for IEMs is a plus. Not a big deal, though.

Also, it doesn't hurt that there are more inputs to A/B your DACs and drive all of your amps.

I haven't yet tested the pre-amp outputs, but if it is anything like the Serene, then you are getting an amazing line out to drive your other tube amps and get remote control for free!

Time for some Cons:
- It's big, but then again it's still pretty like the other Holos and stacks nicely.
- It's hot...
- Remote control is the same for both Serene and Bliss, so...don't have it on the same rack like I do!
- It's revealing and super resolving, so no sugarcoating the recording source, not like Ferrum, if the recording sucks, it sucks listening to it through Bliss
- Doesn't remember volume by source (not like Topping Pre90), neither does OOR or any tube amp

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #570 of 3,297
I concur with these comments as well.

One thing that stood out for me is the midrange and sub-bass texture. Ferrum sounded (only in relative comparison) a little softer and retracted in the treble, midrange, and soundstage, which probably makes it better for extended music listening sessions since it doesn't require critical listening.

With the Bliss, I find myself getting pulled into critical listening, but with none of the fatigue. Bliss isn't an amp producing music for the background (with all sources and headphones being equal, in my case Roon/Hqplayer/Spring3KTE/BlissKTE/Susvara); it pulls you into listen and catches the revealing notes.

Plus, it has a remote control! (a biggie for me)!

Not having to worry about tweaking the voltage levels in the Hypsos is both nice and potentially a "miss," if you can hear the differences (I have tried, but I can't for some reason). It is not a negative for me.

Being able to see the volume level is a plus esp if you are switching between a Utopia and Susvara often...you can miss it with the OOR if you forget to drop the gain switch from +db to -db.

Having a 4.4mm output for IEMs is a plus. Not a big deal, though.

Also, it doesn't hurt that there are more inputs to A/B your DACs and drive all of your amps.

I haven't yet tested the pre-amp outputs, but if it is anything like the Serene, then you are getting an amazing line out to drive your other tube amps and get remote control for free!

Time for some Cons:
- It's big, but then again it's still pretty like the other Holos and stacks nicely.
- It's hot...
- Remote control is the same for both Serene and Bliss, so...don't have it on the same rack like I do!
- It's revealing and super resolving, so no sugarcoating the recording source, not like Ferrum, if the recording sucks, it sucks listening to it through Bliss
- Doesn't remember volume by source (not like Topping Pre90), neither does OOR or any tube amp
Oh ya, you nailed it. Really like how you called out that the tone is over-all sharper and more resolving on the Bliss vs. the Ferrum. I'd agree on that note - I do think the Ferrum might be better for long listening sessions if true treble representation is fatiguing for a user or if their headphones already emphasize that region (HD800 style). But, at the same time, the Bliss doesn't represent these things in a fatiguing nature, it's just more true-to-life than the Ferrum in this regard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back