Holo Audio Bliss
Dec 4, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #541 of 3,322
Well it's the same case with all their devices the KTE variant is not that expensive

Dec 4, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #542 of 3,322
@SlothRock does the Spring 3 go silent for a moment when the next song has a different sample rate, like the May?

Ya when it switches sample sizes for different songs there is a very slight pause

Dec 4, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #543 of 3,322
Ya when it switches sample sizes for different songs there is a very slight pause
Thanks, I’ve been debating getting the Spring 3 and Bliss.
I don’t know what sample size most of my music is. It’s probably half songs I downloaded over a decade from torrents and half Apple Music downloads in the last few years.
Just not sure how annoying it would be if it paused constantly, since I shuffle songs often.

Dec 4, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #544 of 3,322
Interesting, I ve never paid attention that there's a longer pause than with other DACs maybe because I am using HQPlayer most of the time which will cause an even longer pause because of the upsampling processing of the server

Dec 4, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #545 of 3,322
I am happy with it alone. But also, sometimes I want a solid state amp. And a volume remote control.

Also, Envy has both balanced and SE on both input and output side. It’s internal topology is single ended, so there is no benefit of using XLR input with it, other than hotter input voltage.

In my stack, Envy is fed by RCA and the SS amp by XLR.
Btw comparisons to Envy would be very interesting as well even though it's a bit apples vs oranges.

Dec 4, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #546 of 3,322
Thank you really very much for your impressions !!!
You own a Susvara like me and many other wich have an eye on this amp. Most or many high end amps perform very well
with ZMF and what so ever headphones but not with Susvaras, so I (we) would be very grateful if you could focus a little more on the big elephant in the
room. How does this amp drive the Susvara ??? Is it worth 4K to let the Susvara shine or just another of these "ok but not great" amps.
Sorry, this is not meant offensive but I think most ppl are curious about only that question.
Susvara is a wildly misunderstood headphone imo. From my experience you can max it out on any $2k+ amp with over 4W per channel, but the rest of your system needs to be sorted out as well. What Susvara needs to shine is getting close to 100% of dynamic range from the system, that's it. I am on a journey with Susvara for over 1.5 years now and I feel I maxed it out on HA6a and Ferrum. I think I would've also maxed it out on the Soloist GT if I had the desire to "build it up" with op amp matching and a better PSU. To give some perspective Susvara in my system (which is nothing special tbh) has the the dynamics accross the range and bass impact close to Utopia and TC while still doing the sweet natural and spacious Susvara thing. I'm sure Bliss will max Susvara out no problem with voicing similar to the Soloist GT ... just a guess tho. From my observation people pay too much attention to the amp, which is the initial limiting factor, and completely overlook the rest of the chain including good quality, bit perfect digital etc.

Dec 4, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #547 of 3,322
From my observation people pay too much attention to the amp, which is the initial limiting factor, and completely overlook the rest of the chain including good quality, bit perfect digital etc.
Couldn't agree more. Amp is important, but it's just one potential bottleneck. Bit perfect and true high end DAC definitely make all the difference. Non bit perfect loses all the microdetail, mid-fi dac limits the setup to sound small. It's a trap to stop the DAC journey at good measurements (looking at you Qutest and D90).

Dec 4, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #549 of 3,322
Thanks, I’ve been debating getting the Spring 3 and Bliss.
I don’t know what sample size most of my music is. It’s probably half songs I downloaded over a decade from torrents and half Apple Music downloads in the last few years.
Just not sure how annoying it would be if it paused constantly, since I shuffle songs often.
It honestly feels like less than a second - the same length from just pressing “next song” and waiting for the song to play. I’ve never noticed it once or thought that it took any type of extended time to switch to a different sampling rate. Also, it will only switch sampling rates like that if it’s in wasabi exclusive mode anyways - you can just keep it at a static sampling rate if you decide. It’s seriously a non issue either way

Dec 4, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #550 of 3,322
I didn’t have a chance to use my my Bliss/May yesterday but did keep them on and warmed up for when I was ready.. I just checked on them today as I was going to set them to run audio to further “break them in” since my May is only 150 hours old and the Bliss has 3-4 hours and in so doing I noticed they were quite toasty hot..

When I got the Bliss I moved the May from a cabinet with fans to a cabinet in which I have not yet install the fans and let’s just say I won’t be running either of these without fans running over them. The May was barely warm in the previous cabinet. I don’t have an option to run these open air unfortunately. Just a heads up for anyone planning on semi - stacking without open air, which is probably none of you 😅. Will be throwing an exhaust fan out the back of the cabinet as well. I have fan on all my HT AV equipment and I’m certain these are the toastiest components I own.

Attachments

• E4FD42A5-753D-42C8-8C61-DD54F225208F.jpeg
    E4FD42A5-753D-42C8-8C61-DD54F225208F.jpeg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 4, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #551 of 3,322
Thank you really very much for your impressions !!!
You own a Susvara like me and many other wich have an eye on this amp. Most or many high end amps perform very well
with ZMF and what so ever headphones but not with Susvaras, so I (we) would be very grateful if you could focus a little more on the big elephant in the
room. How does this amp drive the Susvara ??? Is it worth 4K to let the Susvara shine or just another of these "ok but not great" amps.
Sorry, this is not meant offensive but I think most ppl are curious about only that question.
It absolutely and effortlessly drives the Susvara with amazing soundstage and sub-bass texture. Of course, the DAC and your sound source are of absolute importance here as well. In addition, I have three other amps that drive Sus beautifully (WA5, Bigger Ben, and OOR) and this is at the same level as well. So, if it was missing something I would have noticed it. Currently, I’m trying to decide and the relative differences between them.

Dec 4, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #552 of 3,322
Just wrote Magnahifi if they could upload the manual PDF on their website. Someone from US could also email their dealer. Or maybe pics from manual? :)

I just got mine, and there isn't a manual. The box includes the unit, the remote, and a power cord - nothing more

Dec 5, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #553 of 3,322
I’ll have to stack the Bliss and May due to space constraints. Any recommended feet/isolator to add space between the units?

Dec 5, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #554 of 3,322
How hot is it? I’m still telling myself I can stick the May’s power box in between the May DAC and Bliss to keep the heat away from the sensitive bits and it’ll be fine
Same here. I’ll have to stack them due to space constraints. Has anyone got official response from Holo regarding having the PSU unit between May and Bliss?

Dec 5, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #555 of 3,322
I’ll have to stack the Bliss and May due to space constraints. Any recommended feet/isolator to add space between the units?
Isoacoustic Orea! Tested on my Spring 3KTE unit. Recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back