Holo Audio Bliss
Oct 28, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #121 of 3,333
Same here. I gave in and bought a Burson Soloist GT, the one with the red accents. The ability to use two DACs and a subwoofer if desired sold it over the Oor, which seemed to run neck and neck with it in reviewer opinions. Couldn't bear a life any longer with a less-than-optimally-driven Susvara. The Big Burson is a pretty great amp. I was able to get excellent performance from a Bryston BHA-1 in balanced mode - which both has 4x its rated the power that way, but, being Bryston, is under-rated and over-engineered... but just couldn't get into the highest volumes I like without feeling mids on down starting to thin and lose luster.

The Burson is a fantastic amp - the Bryston may beat it in a certain refinement to timbre and texture, through about 3/4 of the volume range, but its pretty close . And I'm finally hearing the Susvara rock fully with an excess of solid-state power keeping it steady and happy... fed the Holo May KTE quality of input.

Now, when the Bliss DOES come out..... well, I'll figure something out.

Same, I'm using the Soloist 3x GT and loving it. The Bliss though is 12 watts Class A at 32ohm, vs. the Burson which is 8 watts Class A at 32ohm. I'm definitely pushing the Burson at times and it would be nice to have the extra headroom.

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #122 of 3,333
Same, I'm using the Soloist 3x GT and loving it. The Bliss though is 12 watts Class A at 32ohm, vs. the Burson which is 8 watts Class A at 32ohm. I'm definitely pushing the Burson at times and it would be nice to have the extra headroom.

Interesting that you feel the Soloist 3GT was being pushed by the Sus. The 3XP was measured by raoultrifan

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bur...muse72320-volume-control.941047/post-15888933

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bur...muse72320-volume-control.941047/post-15890683

I have not seen measurements of the 3GT but would be shocked if the power isn't measuring over stated output. I would also be shocked if the Sus was pushing the 3GT near clipping on high gain. Perhaps there is some compression or the amp is struggling a bit at higher loads but that wasn't something commonly expressed in that amp thread. Neither here nor there for the bliss just was surprised to get that from the GT.

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #123 of 3,333
I have not seen measurements of the 3GT but would be shocked if the power isn't measuring over stated output. I would also be shocked if the Sus was pushing the 3GT near clipping on high gain. Perhaps there is some compression or the amp is struggling a bit at higher loads but that wasn't something commonly expressed in that amp thread. Neither here nor there for the bliss just was surprised to get that from the GT.

The only time I feel it's being pushed is when I'm doing DSP through Roon and running through HQPlayer, both of which attenuate the level a decent amount. I'll then be running the 3x GT at 75 or so in High Gain (admittedly still a high spl level), which doesn't leave as much head room. I'm not getting clipping, but I have to believe I'd get an improvement in dynamics and slam with more power on tap.

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #124 of 3,333
Ok boys, we got today and Monday left for the October announcement to come to fruition. Here's hoping :wink:

Oct 28, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #125 of 3,333
The only time I feel it's being pushed is when I'm doing DSP through Roon and running through HQPlayer, both of which attenuate the level a decent amount. I'll then be running the 3x GT at 75 or so in High Gain (admittedly still a high spl level), which doesn't leave as much head room. I'm not getting clipping, but I have to believe I'd get an improvement in dynamics and slam with more power on tap.
You should skip all the DSP in Roon and do everything in HQPlayer. If Roon doesn't pass it bit perfect, it has already ruined the sound quality.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #127 of 3,333
Do the DSP in one or the other, not both. Roon saves the separate DSP settings for the DAC and the DAC via HQPlayer, so this is not even difficult.
Yes, Roon or HQplayer. But if one is already using HQPlayer for better filters, then skip the Roon DSP. That's what I do: Roon just passes it to HQPlayer bit perfect and I do upsampling and minimal crossfeed in HQPlayer.

Oct 28, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #128 of 3,333
Yes, Roon or HQplayer. But if one is already using HQPlayer for better filters, then skip the Roon DSP. That's what I do: Roon just passes it to HQPlayer bit perfect and I do upsampling and minimal crossfeed in HQPlayer.

Correct. If you’re using HQP you’ll want to pass the signal bit perfect from Roon to HQP (per Jussi’s recommendation all DSP in Roon should be turned off). Even though Roon has a 64 bit float it’s better to handle through the pipeline matrix in HQP (all PEQ, convolution, cross feed, etc are easily plugged in straight to the matrix)

Oct 31, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #129 of 3,333
I fear you are correct.

First world problems.
So it’s Halloween and need to update you guys. We are disappointed to not have the product page up today as planned, but the photos and some other very minor but important things for launch need to be done. So need about 2 more weeks. We considered doing a soft launch without photos and info but seems a bit silly. Good news is we have all the parts and starting to produce these. So will be accepting the preorders soon when we can post the Product page with at least a couple photos and some content. And will add to it later, but don’t want to delay this any more than needed.
Thanks for your understanding, as I know this has been a product many of us have been patiently waiting for :)

Oct 31, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #131 of 3,333
So it’s Halloween and need to update you guys. We are disappointed to not have the product page up today as planned, but the photos and some other very minor but important things for launch need to be done. So need about 2 more weeks. We considered doing a soft launch without photos and info but seems a bit silly. Good news is we have all the parts and starting to produce these. So will be accepting the preorders soon when we can post the Product page with at least a couple photos and some content. And will add to it later, but don’t want to delay this any more than needed.
Thanks for your understanding, as I know this has been a product many of us have been patiently waiting for :)
Thank you for the update, is there gonna be enough units for all of us to start with? :)

Oct 31, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #132 of 3,333

Do you guys typically publish measurements with releases like this? I don’t like to go off measurements solely to make my purchasing decisions, but I know Holo Audio is king at making typically high distortion technology (like R2R) into something with ridiculously low distortion and fantastic sound to boot. If that’s the same case with a 12W class A headphone amp that’ll be an awesome sight to see :)

Oct 31, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #133 of 3,333
Do you guys typically publish measurements with releases like this? I don’t like to go off measurements solely to make my purchasing decisions, but I know Holo Audio is king at making typically high distortion technology (like R2R) into something with ridiculously low distortion and fantastic sound to boot. If that’s the same case with a 12W class A headphone amp that’ll be an awesome sight to see :)

I've got a good feeling regarding Bliss, with the fact they are taking their time to work on it, and based on how good May is...

Nov 4, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #134 of 3,333
I can’t wait. I’m going to compare it to my Ferrum stack and pick between the two. It’s gonna be a fight.

Nov 4, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #135 of 3,333
IMG_2413.jpeg

Supposedly is ready for audition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back