Holo Audio Bliss
Feb 23, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #1,441 of 3,333
Yeah got an offer of 300 eur for a usually 1k priced usb cable for May, still not sure if I should bite this bullet, couldnt hear much difference upgrading XLR cables so far, at least not on my Verite. So you suggest to wait with Bliss, thanks for the advice. I rolled plenty of tubes with HA-3A so far, the difference is not as prominent as with Feliks Euforia OTL I had once, but was plenty of fun. Though once you get a really good combination though its difficult to find something that would be an upgrade without burning a LOT of money.
Can't comment on digital cables, for me it doesn't seem they could make a difference ... but I thought the same about signal and power cables some time ago so who the hell knows anymore 😂 If you want the best for dynamics and some planars, I would honestly look at a higher end tube amp. I have HA6a, but it has quirks, so maybe a different EL34/KT88 amp would be better, or a 300B amp, or HA6a if you don't mind quirks like possibly higher noise floor and not the best volume control.

Bliss is a very very very good SS amp, and if you're looking for a totl SS sound, that's not a bad option for sure. You've got Soloist GT, Ferrum and a few others to look at as well, plus better tube amps I mentioned above. With HA6a changes from tube rolls are huge, not necessarily better or worse, but different to a point it could be a completely different amp all together. Try searching this thread for comparisons, quite a few people posted impressions comparing to other amps. You can extrapolate that to your 3xp.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #1,442 of 3,333
Can't comment on digital cables, for me it doesn't seem they could make a difference ... but I thought the same about signal and power cables some time ago so who the hell knows anymore 😂 If you want the best for dynamics and some planars, I would honestly look at a higher end tube amp. I have HA6a, but it has quirks, so maybe a different EL34/KT88 amp would be better, or a 300B amp, or HA6a if you don't mind quirks like possibly higher noise floor and not the best volume control.

Bliss is a very very very good SS amp, and if you're looking for a totl SS sound, that's not a bad option for sure. You've got Soloist GT, Ferrum and a few others to look at as well, plus better tube amps I mentioned above. With HA6a changes from tube rolls are huge, not necessarily better or worse, but different to a point it could be a completely different amp all together. Try searching this thread for comparisons, quite a few people posted impressions comparing to other amps. You can extrapolate that to your 3xp.
Will do. As for HA-6A, I had a chance to compare it with stock HA-3A recently, to me it sounded just a bit different with stock tubes (sligthly more punch) but nothing that couldnt be fixed rolling tubes on HA-3A, tbh I dont really see the reason to upgrade to it, apart of the triode switch. Downsides like the noisefloor, much higher tube rolling cost, and volume control are something that did put me off in the first place..
300B is a different story though.

Still very tempted by Bliss :)

Feb 23, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,443 of 3,333
  • Sell Burson, and get Bliss. VO sounds great on Bliss or most tube amps. Choices are good.
  • Keep tube amp and roll on. Tube rolling is more impressive than opamp rolling. Tube pre to Bliss and vise-versa is useful and fun. Increases need for cables, though.
  • Before going nuts on cables, make sure your power is properly sorted.
  • SR purples make some difference in Bliss/May, even though the stock fuse is excellent.
  • Instead of getting a 1k Euro USB cable, Get a Red, unless you already have a great streamer with clean USB and/or i2s out.

Feb 23, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #1,444 of 3,333
  • Sell Burson, and get Bliss. VO sounds great on Bliss or most tube amps. Choices are good.
  • Keep tube amp and roll on. Tube rolling is more impressive than opamp rolling. Tube pre to Bliss and vise-versa is useful and fun. Increases need for cables, though.
  • Before going nuts on cables, make sure your power is properly sorted.
  • SR purples make some difference in Bliss/May, even though the stock fuse is excellent.
  • Instead of getting a 1k Euro USB cable, Get a Red, unless you already have a great streamer with clean USB and/or i2s out.
Sounds like a plan. As for power, meaning something like Niagara 1200 with couple of good power cords inbetween? Anything you guys could advice for bliss / may stack?

Feb 23, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #1,446 of 3,333
I like Puritan PSM156, and decent passive power cords that are <$500 each. The WAudio cords from Amazon are pretty good. IFi Nova (the passive ones) are a bit better, as are many others in the $300-500 range. But the biggest difference is from adequately clean power.

Haven't we been told that you SHOULDN'T use a power conditioner with the Bliss?

Feb 23, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #1,447 of 3,333
Haven't we been told that you SHOULDN'T use a power conditioner with the Bliss?
Bliss + May from Niagra 1200 with Blizzard cords gets massive gains with TC for me. I cound not go back to not having it in the system. Ymmv though

Feb 23, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #1,448 of 3,333
Sounds like a plan. As for power, meaning something like Niagara 1200 with couple of good power cords inbetween? Anything you guys could advice for bliss / may stack?

Each power conditioner / cable setup will sound different. May and Bliss are very sensitive and can change rather dramatically (this is also true for Soloist GT for example), but you do need a very transparent headphone to really notice the differences. On TC it's night and day, you would easily pass any blindfold test every time. It's not a subtle difference at all. On less sensitive cans, maybe you won't even notice 🤷‍♂️ also it depends on your power environment in general, if you already have really clean power then you may not see much gain or even get detrimental effects in extreme cases ...

... but realistically most people have dirty power 😅

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #1,450 of 3,333
Some time ago @Rayon posted about his experience with Shunyata Venom cabling, which got me curious. Few weeks back I had the experience with AQ Niagara 1200 and Blizzard cables that left me shocked.

So naturally I decided to get my hands on some high end XLR interconnects and see how deep the rabbit hole goes ... and I still don't know how deep it goes (lol), but I know that it is real and it goes really deep!

So first of all, I echo experiences @Rayon had, May + Bliss + TC not only reacts to power a lot, but also reacts to the interconnect in pretty extreme ways. I went through a few "reasonably priced" studio grade interconnects I had in a box over the years, each one of them sounded slightly different, but differences were around 2-3% I would say, nothing drastic, some had a bit leaner mids, some a bit fuller mids and treble and so on, but you could easily say "all cables sound more less the same" and stop there ... and if it wasn't for @Rayon s post and my recent experience with power I would've probably stopped there ...

But I found a good deal on 2 AQ XLRs, AudioQuest Sky gen2 (silver cores, old construction) and AudioQuest Earth (high end copper cores, modern construction) in used market for about 350 euro a piece and I bought them. One thing to note, I learned that Sky can often be counterfeit (it's very common actually) ... after close investigation I have reasons to believe mine could be authentic bc it passes all tests and seems to have silver cores, but you can never be sure unfortunately with Sky in particular so let's keep that in mind.

So the sound difference between Earth and Sky is MONUMENTAL. First of all Sky is relatively muted with soft top end and really spacious fleshed out mids and good bass. It sounds as smooth as the smoothest "studio grade" cables I had, but with a lot more filled out mids and good bass. It plays really well with TC, not even tracks with the most offensive treble sound offensve on the TC, it is very smooth, and it also enhances the midrange fullness, so it gels very well with the TC. Sky sounds quite similar to the best "studio grade" cables I have, there is a jump in SQ, but it's not a huge difference, I would say 5-7%, probably worth if if you want the system to be smoother and fuller.

Now Earth ... that one blew me away, I was expecting maybe a sightly diffferent sound to the Sky, maybe even warmer bc it's copper ... hmm ... well, it sounds completely different! probably 20-30% different. Earth in comparison is sharp, it has ridiculous amount of air (sharp air), very strong bass, almost overpowering, in general everything sounds a bit closer than on Sky but it's A LOT clearer, crisper, and a lot more extended. The difference is monumental, it's not a veil being lifted, it's like plugging in a different headphone all together. It presents "air between instruments" in such a striking way, I've never heard anything like that before. There is a drawback with TC though, the treble can get very sharp and on recordings with any hints of sharp and offensive treble it is pretty much unlistenable ... on the flipside it pulls out insane detail from tracks with soft and muted treble. Also bass can get overwhelming on this cable ... I'm not sure I said "oh that's too much bass" often in my life when it comes to dynamics and slam, but with this if there's a lot of bass in a track it can get out of control at times ...

... so ... shocking right. 2 cables with a few years of engineering progress between them, one solid silver (potentially counterfeit bc you never know) and one 99% authentic high end copper ... totally, I mean TOTALLY different sound from just changing the cable. Crazy!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #1,451 of 3,333
Just for laughs I gave my Bliss the HE6 test. It passed with flying colours. Deep bass with slam and oomph. Something not many headamps manage to do.

I love this amp.

20230224_204812.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #1,455 of 3,333
It is amazing how good the ZMF DD HPs are with Bliss. Caldera is great with most amps but the ZMF DD HPs are so finicky to amps. And the Bliss does them really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back