Holo Audio Bliss
Feb 1, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #1,218 of 3,333
I just continue to be amazed how good HQP-May-Bliss-Susvara sounds. I feel grateful for being able to own such a system. It's a bottomless well of satisfaction.
What are you using for your source?

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #1,219 of 3,333
I currently have both Bliss and Ferrum Oor/Hypsos. I know the Ferrum stack like the back of my hand and love it. Just getting to know Bliss. My initial take is that the difference is flavoring vs. quality. Ferrum stack is more of an analytical transparent flavor. So far Bliss seems to add more musicality to the mix. With Ferrum stack the music comes to you more due to the clarity and transparency of it. Bliss so far is more about enjoying the music. So far Stealth and Expanse are more appealing to me with Ferrum stack. Verity Closed was almost on the docket to be sold but not anymore once it touched Bliss. Really nice. Caldera is good on both.
As someone with an Expanse who is currently considering the Ferrum stack and Bliss, can you expand on why you like the Expanse better with the Ferrum?
Is the color the Bliss adds just not a good match for the Expanse's stock sound?

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #1,220 of 3,333
What are you using for your source?
You mean before HQPlayer? Qobuz->Roon->HQPlayer. Roon acts only as a UI and a bit perfect transportation layer. I also really like Roon's radio. It gives really good recommendations.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #1,222 of 3,333
You mean before HQPlayer? Qobuz->Roon->HQPlayer. Roon acts only as a UI and a bit perfect transportation layer. I also really like Roon's radio. It gives really good recommendations.
I mean what streamer or end point are you using to feed May?

Feb 1, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #1,223 of 3,333
As someone with an Expanse who is currently considering the Ferrum stack and Bliss, can you expand on why you like the Expanse better with the Ferrum?
Is the color the Bliss adds just not a good match for the Expanse's stock sound?
I use Bliss and Expanse and they're a match made in heaven mate.

Feb 1, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #1,224 of 3,333
Feb 1, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #1,225 of 3,333
Now that I have spent a lot more time with Bliss I think it was more of getting used to what Bliss does for Stealth and Expanse. I am biased toward clarity over warmth. So the added warmth Bliss was providing threw me off a bit. I am now used to it and enjoy the Bliss warmth as much as the Ferrum clarity. Mainly about preferences. Cannot go wrong with either amp for Stealth and Expanse in my opinion.

Feb 1, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #1,226 of 3,333
Ordered the KTE! Now I wait. :)

Feb 1, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #1,227 of 3,333
Now that I have spent a lot more time with Bliss I think it was more of getting used to what Bliss does for Stealth and Expanse. I am biased toward clarity over warmth. So the added warmth Bliss was providing threw me off a bit. I am now used to it and enjoy the Bliss warmth as much as the Ferrum clarity. Mainly about preferences. Cannot go wrong with either amp for Stealth and Expanse in my opinion.

I think it's good I went with the Bliss then. Considering my current favorite amp for the Expanse is a tube amp, it would seem I like some warmth added to the Expanse. Thanks for your opinion.

Feb 1, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #1,228 of 3,333

Interesting that you hear a warm sound signature with the Bliss. I felt the Ferrum had much more of a "sound" to it - and that sound was warm. I feel like the Bliss is a lot more transparent and doesn't really impart much of its tone on anything and just lets the DAC shine

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #1,230 of 3,333
I mean what streamer or end point are you using to feed May?
Oh, I'm running HQPlayer NAA (HQPlayer's custom endpoint OS) in Intel NUC. Then I connect NUC to May with USB as I heard that May has a really good USB implementation (galvanically isolated, will remove jitter etc.). I would probably connect May to my PC directly, but to support 1.536mHz and DSD1024 one needs custom kernel.

NAA is very easy to use. You can just install the NAA image into USB stick (with Rufus or similar) and boot it from there. No installation to HDD/SSD needed. NUC you can get for <100USD used. The only thing you need to consider is that if you buy NUC used, NAA doesn't work with like the very first NUCs (that are now super old). Google will help you to find the supported ones, but that basically means almost all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back