Holo Audio Bliss
Dec 1, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #496 of 3,333
This has me interested… if I pick this up I may have to get the sus to go along with it… if they’re a solid pairing.

Dec 1, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #497 of 3,333
Some really quick thoughts - the volume knob really is everything people have hyped it up to be. Haven't had any amp with a better volume knob. Solid, clicky, very satisfying.

As far as THE most initial thoughts ever (like 30-40 minutes of play time) and some initial comparisons to the OOR + Hypsos are that it slams every bit as well but the soundstage is certainly more expansive and there is more texture to the sub bass. Will have quite a bit more thoughts once I get much more listening time

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #498 of 3,333
Update: Took some time yesterday with HQP filters and low shelves to find the magic but found it late last night and then I had to go to bed.
Throwing the 5's on just a few ago and it's still there. I'm really loving this right now. Everything is just fantastic.
Share those Hqp settings!

Dec 1, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #499 of 3,333
Share those Hqp settings!
It's not just this, but the convolution and low shelf altogether. Will be assuredly different for everyone and their gear.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 002231.png

Dec 1, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #500 of 3,333
Here are mine:
A43FF121-44CB-48DD-B239-8E0D4FA27C82.png

I have a -4db gain setting.

Dec 2, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #502 of 3,333
It’s this test I’m most excited to hear your thoughts about. I have a great offer on a Ferrum stack so the Bliss would be double the price.
I did a little testing last night but I don’t want to say anything yet until I repeat the same few songs with the Sus on the same volumes. I set the Hypsos to 24v and hi gain to properly match up to the Bliss. I'm trying to avoid the new and shiny toy is the better period that my brain is in right now to make any judgment calls. I can preliminary tell you that it resolves more in the midrange, more texture feel in the sub bass, and seems to give more air or imaging around vocals and instruments. And, this is for electronic music. Crazy, right?However, too early and it could be my brain forcing something. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #504 of 3,333
I did a little testing last night but I don’t want to say anything yet until I repeat the same few songs with the Sus on the same volumes. I set the Hypsos to 24v and hi gain to properly match up to the Bliss. I'm trying to avoid the new and shiny toy is the better period that my brain is in right now to make any judgment calls. I can preliminary tell you that it resolves more in the midrange, more texture feel in the sub bass, and seems to give more air or imaging around vocals and instruments. And, this is for electronic music. Crazy, right?However, too early and it could be my brain forcing something. Stay tuned.
I’m in the same boat as you trying to reserve my feelings and resist the new toy excitement while comparing but, so far, have much of the same thoughts in comparing to the OOR.

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #505 of 3,333
If the Oor could keep up with the Bliss on Susvara I’d be surprised based on experience with Oor (which was good btw) and Jeff voicing the Bliss with the Susvara specifically. Jeff knows what he’s doing according to my ears and tastes with all of his other products.

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #510 of 3,333
Sometimes we can can become a bit obsessed with deciphering the smallest of sound differences between components. Another consideration is form factor, whether your tastes be large or small. I have the Ferrum stack. It sounds better than my HPA4 but not quite as good as my Serene and I'm still waiting for Bliss to arrive. But the Ferrum stack form factor for me is great. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back