Holo Audio Bliss
Oct 2, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #2,911 of 3,333
Quick question. I'm setting up my
Spring and Bliss tomorrow.

I understand I will need to burn in the Bliss and that this can be achieved by just turning it on.

How long do I need to leave it in for?

Regarding the Spring, does it need anything like a burn in.

Oct 2, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #2,912 of 3,333
Quick question. I'm setting up my
Spring and Bliss tomorrow.

I understand I will need to burn in the Bliss and that this can be achieved by just turning it on.

How long do I need to leave it in for?

Regarding the Spring, does it need anything like a burn in.
Spring and May need about 500 hours. Just being on, not in standby is adequate. Don’t need to be playing the whole time, though it doesn’t hurt.

Oct 3, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #2,913 of 3,333
Spring and May need about 500 hours. Just being on, not in standby is adequate. Don’t need to be playing the whole time, though it doesn’t hurt.
so would that be turning it on and leaving it as such? And should I give it breaks?

Did you also use it during the burn in and all or wait patiently.

Oct 3, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #2,914 of 3,333
so would that be turning it on and leaving it as such? And should I give it breaks?

Did you also use it during the burn in and all or wait patiently.

Just leave them on and listen to them as and when you please. when I had the May, I never turned it off/put on standby.

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #2,916 of 3,333
I got my HoloAudio setup a couple of days ago. the sound chain is: Roon | DMP-A6 | HoloAudio Spring | HoloAudio Bliss | Headphones
I am not finding much of a difference between the LO-Z and HI-Z output levels on either of my headphones. I am using the Stellia and the Expanse.
If at all LO-Z is marginally louder and I'd say it's about 5% at most.

Is this normal as I was expecting something akin to the level's suggested in the manual.

I am connected using the Lavri Grand XLR cables to both headphones.

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #2,918 of 3,333
For those headphones, you probably won’t notice much difference. Most planars run slightly better on Lo Z. You have a lot of burn in ahead of you.
what headphones would i see a change in. i have a 109 pro and an xs edition plus a few iem’s.

in my experience turning to high gain (topping d70 and rme) results in an immediate gain in volume.. how come it’s not so in the bliss?

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #2,919 of 3,333
what headphones would i see a change in. i have a 109 pro and an xs edition plus a few iem’s.

in my experience turning to high gain (topping d70 and rme) results in an immediate gain in volume.. how come it’s not so in the bliss?
Lo Z and Hi Z on Bliss are related to the impedance, not gain, as far as I understand.

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #2,920 of 3,333
so I am doing the burn in and woke up this morning to find the bliss fairly warm. warm enough to be uncomfortable to put my hand underneath both it and above the Spring which are about 1.5" apart

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #2,921 of 3,333

Lo Z and Hi Z refers to impedance, not gain at all. You only get gain from +1 to +12 on volume setting with Bliss.

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #2,922 of 3,333
so I am doing the burn in and woke up this morning to find the bliss fairly warm. warm enough to be uncomfortable to put my hand underneath both it and above the Spring which are about 1.5" apart
So.. if i am not mistaken i think it is not reccomended (check the user manual) to put bliss on top of spring, and yes bliss gets hot on the underside.

Oct 6, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #2,923 of 3,333
So.. if i am not mistaken i think it is not reccomended (check the user manual) to put bliss on top of spring, and yes bliss gets hot on the underside.
Bliss is recommended to go above (pic below). They suggest leaving 2" between them and I am using an IsoAcoustics spacer which is giving me 1.4" of room. I could extend it by using the feet of the Bliss but that would be less stable (has anyone tried this as a solution?).

I am also not covering any of the vent holes. The screenshot from the manual suggests a attached heat map, does anyone have a copy they can share.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 9.03.35 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 9.03.35 AM.png
    250.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8949 Large.jpeg
    IMG_8949 Large.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 8, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #2,924 of 3,333
My Bliss has 150 hours.

Spoiler alert... Fantastic with Susvara.
does it have to be continuous? what if overnight is challenging given the environment; will it just take longer?

Oct 8, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #2,925 of 3,333

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back